Latest Music Industry Job Opportunities! 23/04/2019
Are you looking for a career in the music industry or curious to see what opportunities are out there? In this weeks ‘job blog’ edition, we’ve got some really exciting job roles for you to have a look at, including one of our own at Music Gateway! Music publishing behemoth ASCAP is looking for a membership coordinator. Warner Music Group is searching for a new Director of Marketing and Product Management. If you’ve got a creative flair, apply for our Artist Development and Promotions Assistant role! All of this and more below…
The Membership Coordinator will support the London office staff in all aspects.
The person in this role will be responsible for keeping all London staff up to speed on the status of the various ongoing department projects; will maintain budgets and expense reports; will participate in meetings and may contribute creatively from time to time; will interface with ASCAP members (songwriters, publishers) and their teams (managers, A&R scouts, etc.) as related to ASCAP events and daily needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Answering phone calls, responding to member queries, managing office duties.
– Interfacing with ASCAP members and their teams.
– Will be required to attend and work at London events (sometimes in the evening) as well as contributing to the planning and execution of each event.
– Assisting VP in research, planning and various aspects of ASCAP’s London Awards show.
– Managing and updating social media accounts (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Spotify Playlist)
– Developing relationships with A&R scouts from labels and publishers.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Active participation in the London music scene is key, so an eagerness to attend concerts and industry events is expected, even when not called upon. Ideally, this position would suit a graduate looking to enter the music industry at a junior level who is enthusiastic about music publishing, performing rights and has a passion for discovering new music.
This position requires attention to detail, diligent organisation, and fluid communication skills.
Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Google Docs, and must possess the ability to maintain a professional and pleasant demeanour when interacting with members and other industry professionals, either on the phone or in person.
ASCAP is home to more than 700,000 music creator members across all genres – the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the only PRO in the US owned and governed by our members.
Music Gateway is a global platform built with the sole purpose of empowering creatives within the music industry. With a marketplace designed to improve people’s music and build their network, sync representation to get songs placed in TV & film and cloud file storage to manage music & metadata.
WHAT DO MUSIC PROMOTION ASSISTANTS DO?
Music promotions assistants work on behalf of artists to help secure airplay, playlists and editorial support for a single or album. They often pitch directly to Radio, TV, Press and streaming services.
WHAT DOES ARTIST DEVELOPMENT MEAN?
Artist Development is to work with talent to cultivate and develop their career both artistically and financially, it requires a deep passion for music and good knowledge of brand and audio production.
DETAILED JOB ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will report directly to the Global Head of Artist Development & Music Promotions.
– Writing press releases and setting up artist campaigns.
– Maintenance and management of our contacts database.
– Compiling weekly reports for clients based on promotional metrics (i.e. Airplay).
– Pitching music to radio, TV, press and streaming platforms.
– Discovering new talent for our Artist Development roster.
– Music nut and a can-do
– Excellent organisational ability, great communicator and a skilled writer.
– Outstanding IT skills and social media
– Passionate about finding new talent and helping artists to succeed.
– Journalistic background or experience within radio/tv.
– Previous experience within a PR team
WHY JOIN US?
We love technology and our team are absolutely mad about music. We’re passionate about supporting artists in their career. This role will challenge you and provide the right candidate with real insight into the music industry and many opportunities to learn. We’re also a really fun team.
300 Entertainment is looking to fill the role of Junior Publicist.
Applicant must have an urban background but be able to work other genres as well.
Responsibilities include securing premieres, NYC/LA press days, pitching features, and working albums, singles, and EPs. Should also feel comfortable in the event space.
Will report to Head of Press, but should be able to work both independently as well as interface daily with the various department teams within 300E.
For consideration, please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and former placements to Lily Golightly at Three Hundred, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bucks Music Group is looking for an Intern for their Award Winning Sync Team for an initial period of 6 months with the potential to this leading to a full-time position.
TASKS AND DUTIES WOULD INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
– Synclinks – Maintaining our dedicated Sync website – Uploading new music and adding relevant metadata.
– Help compile and send out Mailouts/Promotional Materials
– Assist with New Business Research
– Work on Creative Briefs in conjunction with the Team
– Assist with invites and arranging Guest-Lists for shows
– Administrative Duties
– Other Ad-hoc duties when and if required
– Licencing – Print/Film Festival & other as delegated by senior members of the team
– Keep abreast of new signings/releases and have a good working knowledge of the current roster and the Back Catalogue
– Present Activity Report in Monthly Meetings
– Attend Industry Events/Gigs & Provide Report
– Attend Internal Meetings with A&R/Writers/Manager
– A passion for music and a love of popular culture is a given.
ATTITUDE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN EXPERIENCE ALTHOUGH THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD NEED TO HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND BE PROFICIENT IN:
– CRM Systems
– Photoshop/Basic Video Editing Skill
– Microsoft Office
– Excellent Communication
– Ability to work under own initiative and as part of Team
– Can-do attitude
– A good sense of humour
To apply please send a CV and examples of your three favourite syncs & three favourite artists and include reasons why they’re your choices. Deadline 3rd May 2019.
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville; Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses.
Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT OUR TEAM:
Arts Music is Warner Music Group’s new umbrella of labels focused on signing, developing and marketing releases across under-served genres including classical, musical theater, jazz, children’s music, soundtracks and film scores. Arts Music is the home of the Warner Classics and Erato labels for classical music and Ghostlight Records for musical theater.
WHY THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT BIG BREAK:
We are seeking a candidate with a knowledge and passion across the wide-ranging genres in our division with specific experience marketing to audiences interested in these genres.
Our prospective candidate would be joining a unique, small team of people who work very closely to connect niche audiences with their favorite genres of music to develop marketing strategies and plans for our roster and projects to grow beyond those niche audiences.
HERE YOU’LL GET TO:
– Develop Album package
– Hire and work with freelance designers in overseeing album packaging; work with show to gather elements and deliver to designer; comprehensively proof elements; route for revisions and communicate them to designer for implementation
– Review artwork digital proofs with designer
– Deliver final, approved master, digital cover art, physical cover art, CD packaging art and digital booklets to production
– Oversee pack-shot creation
– Create, manage and reconcile Marketing/PR budget
– Develop and execute album marketing plan and oversee/approve online advertising plan drafted by digital marketing consultant (as well as that person’s other work)
– Oversee and work with digital marketing & press to ensure all work is on brand and comprehensive and that they have all of the information and materials they need throughout the course of each project
– Work directly with SiriusXM channels on album programming (e.g., first listens, long-form radio programming)
– Hire and oversee radio promoter as applicable; help coordinate artist interviews and provide tools such as commentary, liners, music and editorial
– Organize and pitch album listening/retail/other events; work with partners in determining program and participants
– Execute label marketing (e.g., podcast development, college samplers, Topsify promotions)
– Organize and conduct interviews with cast and creatives to create album content such as online (e.g., streaming partners and internet radio) album commentary and liners, video commentary clips, long form radio programs, and label podcast episodes
– Work closely with video editors to create album video content such as album trailers, music videos, lyric videos and “making of the album” featurettes
– Create Soundcloud, LinkFire and Haulix links for marketing and press when digital marketing consultant is unavailable
– Develop Marketing assets
– Hire video crew for recording sessions and other content
– Determine album video content plan
– Communicate focus tracks to prioritize to video crew, keeping final video content in mind
– Conduct interviews with cast and creative during recording sessions
– Coordinate interviews with those who could not partake on recording day and bring back singers to lip-sync for video content as necessary
– Work with Topsify team to create/maintain and promote Arts Music genre-focused playlists for streaming
– Deliver and manage the flow of information and tools internally
– Organize and run label meetings
– Manage album budget, authorize expenditures, and reconcile budget for the first album statement
– Prepare annual label Grammy submissions
– Work with show and local manufacturer on awards nomination/voting CDs packaging/production
– Main point of contact internally and for label artists and partners
– Hire and manage interns
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Fast paced work environment requiring strong multitasking skills, excellent time management and organizational skills, and high attention to detail and follow up
– Strategic thinker and creative marketer
– Results oriented and self-motivated
– Ability to work under pressure, communicates effectively, and meets deadlines
– History of building industry relationships
– Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
IT WOULD BE MUSIC TO OUR EARS IF YOU ALSO HAD:
– Bachelor’s degree preferred
– At least 5 years of previous experience marketing to audiences interested in Arts Music genres
Imagine what you could make at Apple.
Great ideas have a way of becoming innovative products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
The Media Products Design team conceptualizes, designs and creates the content experiences for some of Apple’s most visible products.
Your ideas can impact the way people consume media products, what they look and feel like and how they’re used by hundreds of millions of people across the world.
– You have an innovative vision for our content and media experiences and ideas about how to drive culture through them
– Experience in conceptualizing and creating content-driven experiences
– Conceptual thinker who is strategically centered
– Delivers highly-resolved work at the intersection of culture and design
– Clear and concise communication skills
– Ability to drive and design visual design work for multiple situations
– Fluency with any of the following: graphic design, video, animation, UX, storytelling
– A keen ability to create work under minimal supervision, as well as package and present solutions to wider creative teams
– You are a fountain of ideas and creative thinking who can think and implement quickly, laterally, independently or collaboratively
– Experience developing and executing an editorial design strategy and has an advanced understanding of what makes content engaging and successful across platforms and audiences
– Demonstrate strong user experience sensibilities with an uncanny level of curiosity
– Collaborates with Creatives, Project Managers, Business Owners and Executives to solve complex problems with simple solutions
– Experience developing prototypes for a variety of platforms and use cases; can rapidly prototype their ideas across a myriad of devices, experiences and scenarios
– Have a passion for cultivating relationships, managing and mentoring creatives, and can use that rapport to align teams around a vision
A design lead for Apple Music will love music and be responsible for driving music culture at Apple.
Whether it’s establishing the look and feel of our art and playlists, strategizing about design, photo and video for our product now and in the future, or driving the actual content that we are putting into our product, this lead will have a wide mandate to imagine the present and future of what a music service can be.
At Apple we collaborate with many teams across many organizations to get things done and in the content space, this is truer than ever.
You should be highly collaborative, believing that great work happens when you work with other incredibly smart people to get things done, but are also a true leader and used to navigating relationships and driving the work with vision.
You will be responsible for managing a small team and building it out over time as well as the day-to-day relationships with many peers across the org, from marketing, programming, label relations, UI designers, and more.
You should first and foremost have a background in music content creation as well as an interdisciplinary sensibility toward graphic and digital content design.
Lastly, you will be a great leader and culture driver with an exceptional eye for detail, a keen sense of what matters and a belief that they can make a big difference.
This is a role is for a true creative. A design thinker, communicator, and problem solver who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can work across media types, screens, formats and technologies, and who can collaborate well across the organization and dedicated to shaping deep storylines of our users.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Degree in BSc/BA Graphic Design or Visual Communication or equivalent work experience.
– Portfolio showing exceptional talent in delivering strategic ideas across digital, social or static form factors.
– 10+ years relevant design or creative leadership experience required; bonus for tours in publishing, magazines, or content creation/delivery
– Bachelor’s degree in Web, Graphic, Information, Communication design or equivalent experience
– Exceptional communication and organization skills
– Passionate about the Apple brand and relentless in preserving its authenticity
Established in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world’s leading rights-management firms with offices in major music markets around the globe, including New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Paris, and Sydney.
The company’s catalog spans over a hundred years of popular music, encompassing some of the world’s most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Hans Zimmer, The Kinks, One Direction, Mötley Crüe, Robin Thicke, Naughty Boy, Phish, Hardwell, Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson and Santigold.. Downtown Music Publishing is wholly owned by Downtown & Company, which also owns New York-based Downtown Music Studios and SongtrustR, the world’s largest technology platform for songwriting and music publishing royalties, which powers global royalty collection from over 120 territories and more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
Downtown is seeking a Senior Manager, Sync Licensing to join our team in the London office.
This position will report directly to our Executive Vice President.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
– Oversee promotion of the Downtown Music Publishing catalog to UK-based music licensors covering all media types (Advertising, Film, Trailers, Games, etc)
– Work with the UK and Global team to create marketing materials specific to the UK market
– Represent Downtown Music Publishing’s Global Sync Team in meetings, on panels and in print when appropriate
-Build and manage relationships with music supervisors and music buyers through written and in-person follow-up, as well as at networking events, live music events, dinners, etc.
– Identify revenue growth areas within the UK Sync landscape What skills do you have:
– Minimum of four years experience in Sync Licensing
– Existing contact list of UK based Sync clients
– Ability to create and manage relationships
– Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
– A strong passion for music with a very broad taste and knowledge
– Understanding of UK advertising and film markets Why do you want to work here:
– The chance to work in our amazing office in Covent Gardens
– Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
– Rich benefit program
– Career growth opportunities
– Cycle to work scheme and Season Ticket Loans
– Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows/events
– Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown’s values.
– We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.