Sofar Sounds reimagines live events through curated, secret performances in intimate settings in more than 420 cities around the world.
At Sofar Sounds, we exist because of artists. We are all focused on connecting artists and those who support them on a deeper level. To date, over 30,000 artists have played a Sofar event somewhere in the world. As we continue to grow, we are investing even more in how we support artists. As the Artist Community Manager, you will ensure that every Sofar artist around the world feels heard, supported and connected. You will engage directly with the Sofar artist community and will serve as a leading artist advocate to inform Sofar’s further investment in supporting artists.
Artist Community Manager
Ideally Boston. We will consider candidates in NYC as well.
The Artist Community manager will work closely with a small, scrappy team to ensure every Sofar artist feels heard, supported and connected.
– Lead communication to Sofar artists around the world, across social channels, email and in-person sessions. Communicate with empathy and advocacy.
– Develop a deep understanding of the Sofar artist community, both qualitatively and quantitatively through in-person engagement and surveys.
– Recruit, develop and manage a small team of interns and full-time employees and full-time artist advocates to scale our artist outreach and engagement.
– Serve as an artist advocate internally, helping to set company priorities, product road map and other artist support initiatives.
– Set and achieve clear metrics to ensure success in artist engagement and sentiment.
– Stay in sync with other artist-facing teams (city operations, talent booking) to ensure clarity of operations and routing of specific artist needs to the right teams.
– Play a leading role in the rollout of new artist support programs, including education, tracking and measurement of such programs.
– Keep things loose and fun. Get out and see some shows.
The ideal candidate brings together two must-have skills/experiences:
– Experience managing large communities with deep empathy, clarity of voice, efficiency and a strategic view toward the future you want to create. We’re open to all kinds of specific experience in this area, including community management, product marketing, social media management and evangelism. The key is a proven ability to engage with a big, diverse stakeholder group with clarity, consistency and empathy.
– You know what it’s like to be an artist and a performer — ideally, you’ve used a car as your green room before a show; you’ve suffered through more bass drum sound checks than you care to remember; you’ve crashed on couches and on the road between shows. Though experience as a performer is preferred, other experience evincing a deep empathy for working musicians (road management, artist management, etc) also considered.
– Deep commitment to connecting to all members of the community to make everyone feel welcome and heard, especially those with a different background from your own. This includes self-awareness to watch for unconscious biases and proactive steps to continually improve.
– A track record of success in managing small, but diverse teams to ensure that every member of the community feels a sense of 1:1 connection.
– Excellent communications skills — public speaking, email communication, social media and other forms of external communications
– Ability to synthesize company goals and objectives with the goals and objectives of the community, to inform all aspects of strategy — products, services and company identity.
– Highly visible, empathetic and hands-on communicator with the ability to build and lead a highly motivated, small scrappy team of interns and artist advocates.
– Analytical enough to play a role in how we solicit and interpret feedback from the community and to draw actionable insights from the feedback.
– Enjoys bringing order and structure to a ‘no charts,’ frenetic growth-stage company environment. Stays cool under pressure, able to deal with high-emotion situations while staying cool and focused.
– Collaborative problem solver with low ego and high emotional intelligence, able to build consensus across teams
– Experience working within a music or other creative community – focused company is a big plus.
– Cannot live without live music and knows how to have a good time
Sofar Sounds is a community that creates and shares experiences. We are committed to being a humble partner to emerging artists and to create magical experiences for fans. We are growing quickly, working hard to help more musicians in more cities. As a result, we expect our people to get things done efficiently and to help other team members. We also seek people who learn from and make changes as a result of feedback from one another and our community. The right candidate should be efficient, upbeat and embody the Sofar experience while sharing our vision for discovering great new music and creating the best live event experience in the world.
Sofar team culture is one of grit, efficiency, innovation, transparency and commitment to fostering a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment. Values such as community-focus, humility and commitment to diversity of thought and background drive us forward.
Sofar Sounds offers a comprehensive benefits package as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
We’re a company of trust. What does that mean? If you need to take a break and go on a long walk, do it! If your family is in town and you want to spend the afternoon with them, do it! Need a vacation? Definitely do it! We trust our employees to take time when they need it.
At Sofar, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are inclusive. The more we live that, the better our work will be.
People who join Sofar Sounds have an excitement and energy about what we’re doing. They want to be a driving force of growth for emerging artists, committed to creating a magical experience for performers and fans alike, and this is reflected in the way they work.
We are growing swiftly, helping more musicians in more cities. As a result, we expect our people to get things done efficiently and to help other team members, whether a specific task is their role or not. Also to learn from, and make changes as a result of, feedback from one another and our community.
The right candidate should be efficient and upbeat, and needs to live the Sofar experience while sharing our vision for discovering great new music and creating the best live event experience in the world.
If you’re not based in Boston or NYC but are still interested in applying, please do! We are open to relocating someone if they are a rock star.
Live events are an essential pillar of Red Bull’s global marketing mix and ticketing is a great tool to both harness and amplify the awareness and engagement around them. In order to further drive efficiencies across our programs and enhance our events’ experiences, we are looking to expand our Global Ticketing team with a Global Project Specialist role.
This role is part of the Global Marketing team located at Red Bull HQ in Fuschl am See (Austria) and you will be working with both Culture and Sport events.
As the Global Project Specialist – Ticketing & Data, you´ll be responsible for providing assistance to Red Bull’s event managers across the globe in the effective usage of ticketing solutions. You´ll provide instruction, support and troubleshooting to Red Bull’s local offices regarding ticketing tools, with special focus in our global ticketing partners’ solutions.
In this role, you will monitor our events’ ticketing setup process, confirming that right tax information, legal wordings and data collection requirements are properly addressed on each project.
In addition, you´ll also act as a hub of communication between Red Bull country offices, our ticketing partners and Red Bull HQ stakeholders, collecting information and key insights that can help us identify ways to improve our ticketing workflows and activities.
To assess our ticketing partners’ overall service, align periodically with them on new features and developments and actively communicate product updates to end-users is also part of this role.
Furthermore, you´ll collect and analyse ticketing figures from our events and produce valuable insights.
– Experience in event/ticketing industry and in project managing digital and/or data-driven solutions.
– Experience in a customer facing role (e.g. customer success, customer service or sales) is a plus.
– Good understanding of marketing and branding concepts as well as great communication, presentation and management skills.
– Tech fluency – understanding of technology and how to efficiently use it.
– Teamplayer, self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude and focused on delivering results.
– Familiarity with data privacy legal topics is a bonus.
– Passionate for live events and the entertainment industry.
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field (i.e. Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Creative Industries, Event Management, Sports Management, Music Business, etc.)
– Fluent in written and spoken English. Any other languages are a plus.
Our incredible Neighbouring Rights team has come a long way since the start. The team is close-knit and dedicated and is looking to hire a highly organised, self-driven and detail oriented Executive Assistant to support the MD in brand new London office in the heart of the City overlooking the Thames.
Our MD manages a range of teams in our Neighbouring Rights business and this role will be expected to gain a good understanding of what they do and help across a wide range of projects. But as well as support the team in their day-to-day activities, you will be a natural extension of the MD in her day-to-day managing an ever-changing schedule, conflicting priorities, and planning international travel across multiple time zones so you need to be an excellent organiser and communicator to build trustworthy relationships among internal teams and external contacts.
We need someone to hit the ground running so previous experience in executive-level support in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment is essential. It’s high-pressure at times with priorities changing constantly – but in return offers a career with great growth opportunities so if you are a keen learner, flexible and adaptive and great at taking initiative, then this could be the role for you!
KNR started in 2011 and has grown quickly to become one of the leading companies in this field and prides itself on its bespoke, robust service to clients maximising revenues to artists such as Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa, Sam Smith, Passenger, Icona Pop, John Newman, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Red Hot Chili Peppers to mention a few. Working at Kobalt, you will help empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & of course, a passion for music!
– Be a natural extension of the MD in her day-to-day business needs providing extensive calendar management organising, maintaining diary as well as setting up and preparing for meetings & appointments ensuring all aspects are organised by preparing agendas & documentation such as presentations and reports as needed
– Attending and minuting meetings as required, quickly synthesize information, and determine what actions to take and follow up on those action points
– Arranging travel, transport & accommodation as well as collating and filing expenses
– Meeting and greeting visitors and manage external relationships, filter, and prioritise contact
– Providing assistance with various tasks and ad-hoc projects across the team, such as researching projects, maintaining Excel spreadsheets as well as entering and maintaining data in internal and external databases
– Provide the bridge for smooth communication among internal teams; maintaining credibility, confidentiality, trust and support
– …a friendly, enthusiastic and results-oriented attitude and experience of executive-level support
– …worked in a fast-paced, music or start-up style tech & product company
– …demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage a changing schedule and anticipate needs
– …ability to manage competing priorities without losing anything in the shuffle
– …crisis & issue management with some project management skills and experience
– …prior experience coordinating international travel and planning across multiple time-zones
– …strong written and verbal communication skills
– …excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build internal relationships and with external parties
– …strong attention to detail with exceptional follow up and organization
– …mastery of Microsoft Office Suite but also various communication tools such as Slack, & Zoom
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Partisan Records seeks experienced Staff Accountant to join its US team, based at its New York office in Williamsburg.
The position will be full time. Benefits include health insurance, paid vacation and holidays. Salary competitive, dependent on experience.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Prepare month end close for CFO review
– Multiple monthly bank reconciliations
– Manage accounts payable
– Manage accounts receivable and assist with collection / follow-up
– Maintain cash flow forecasts and label budgets
– Work closely with the CFO to prepare monthly management accounts, including P&L and BS
– Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and record inter-company transactions
– Book month-end recurring accrual entries
– Assist in the preparation of semi-annual artist statements
– Assist in the preparation of quarterly mechanical royalty statements
– Book allocation of costs to projects
– Assist in the preparation of annual 1099 issuance
– Assist in the Preparation of annual tax analysis package
– Prepare fixed cost analyses
– Prepare gross margin analysis by project
– Collect and post monthly sales data from all distributors
– Track and follow-up on non-reporting distributors and licensees
– Assist in the running of pivot tables, research of actual costs, coding questions
– Prepare inventory reports
– Maintain contract database
– Ensure that all W-9’s are on file for all vendors
– Ordering office supplies
– Graduate of an accounting degree
– Royalty accounting and music business experience
– Experience with Quickbooks
– Experience with RoyaltyShare preferred, not required
– Proficiency in Microsoft excel and Microsoft word, V-lookup and pivot tables
– Willing to put in the extra hours to make a deadline
– Inquisitive and excellent at finding more efficient processes and tracking down the source of errors
– Staying informed about industry trends
– Attention to detail
– Excellent time management skills
– Ability to work with limited supervision
– Responds well to pressure
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
Partisan Records is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
– Draft and negotiate (both individually and as part of a team) a variety of local and multi-territory deal proposals and agreements, related to UMG’s digital business, such as digital music licenses, distribution agreements, software development agreements, live performance agreements and other rights based and commercial contracts.
– Provide general legal support to other UMG business units and “Spinnup” (Universal’s DIY music distribution division) for example, drafting promotion terms and conditions, supplier service agreements, etc.
– Provide customer-focused, well-written answers to queries and issues (predominantly copyright and IP-related) raised by Spinnup customers or the Spinnup team.
– Advise on and explain copyright/IP, commercial, e-commerce and data protection law issues and risks to business, technical and marketing departments within local and global UMG teams.
– Ensure that commercial and other key aspects of deals comply with UMG guidelines.
– Liaise and develop relationships with key individuals within local and global UMG teams.
– Maintain a sound understanding of new digital music products/services and the digital music distribution landscape.
– Perform contract analysis and management.
– Perform legal research and present back to the team.
– 2 – 4 years PQE with experience from a well-regarded law firm or media company.
– Working knowledge of music copyrights and commercial contracts.
– Experience of drafting and negotiating agreements with technology and media clients.
– Ability to prioritise to tight deadlines, with a strong sense of initiative and discretion.
– Highly organised.
– Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
– Careful attention to detail.
– Capable of working under pressure and maintaining calm.
– Excellent IT, analytical and research skills.
– Experience in music or strongly musically/media minded.
– Experience with music publishing rights.
– Experience of working at an international level.
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
– Work with all label departments & client partners, including agents & managers, to effectively plan & execute marketing campaigns with special focus on our key Counter Records artists.
– Take a key leadership role in coordinating and energizing various departments to proudly deliver clear, innovative & organized marketing campaigns.
– Develop a creative marketing strategy, and implement that strategy with a high degree of responsibility to drive consumption & sales and reach campaign goals.
– Oversee the bigger picture & ensuring all areas of a campaign are working together.
– Coordinate and facilitate set up of digital & physical releases, as well as ensuring logistical processes run smoothly including but not limited to physical manufacturing, distribution and stock levels, as well as delivery & pitching to DSP partners.
– Hire marketing retainers and other third parties for press, radio where necessary, and drive and manage those relationships and campaigns to ensure effective work.
– Work with the overall team to ensure campaign assets are procured in a timely fashion, ranging from artwork, remixes, visual content, and social messaging plans.
– Create and maintain campaign timelines, briefing teams and sharing release information efficiently worldwide.
– Create detailed reports of all marketing work on individual campaigns, to ensure that all results are communicated to internal staff, global distribution partners, digital sales team, external marketing agencies and artist management.
– Create and maintain campaign budgets.
– Collaborate with the digital strategy team to devise integrated digital campaigns and embrace new technologies, social media trends and their benefits.
– Work with the sales teams to coordinate and confirm a strong physical retail and DSP plan to drive consumption including streams, pre-orders, pre-saves and sales.
– Coordinate the manufacture of supporting marketing assets including retail posters, stickers, merch, etc for retail.
– Plan & implement advertising on your campaigns with the digital team as well as Head of Marketing, and analyze advertising and marketing to ensure effectiveness.
– Analyze data including social media and sales data to best plan and manage campaigns.
– Work alongside the entire team to suggest & implement creative marketing on your campaigns, and brainstorm and contribute inspiring campaign ideas.
– Look for new, innovative ways to market and promote our artists, releases, and label especially Counter Records.
– Manage promotional and launch events where required.
– Accompany artists, as well as organize, their promo and events where required.
– All other work as necessary to reach campaign goals.
– Minimum 5 years of product management experience in the music industry.
– Bachelor’s degree, or higher level of education, preferred.
– Passionate about music, specifically an awareness & appreciation of Ninja Tune.
– An excellent understanding of marketing campaigns & music industry generally.
– Excellent organizational skills.
– Ability to manage multiple campaigns at once, and manage a busy work schedule.
– Meticulous attention to detail.
– Proven capability to work autonomously, demonstrating the ability to make decisions.
– Efficient, with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
– Drive and ability to push projects through to completion.
– Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
– Ability to work with people effectively and politely at all levels.
– Excellent relationship-building and relationship-management skills.
– Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
– Excellent ability to problem solve and keep calm under pressure.
– Current awareness & understanding of social media platforms & trends.
– IT savvy with understanding of G Suite (Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs)
– Hard working and enthusiastic
Ninja Tune is an independent record label based in London, England, created in 1990 by the duo known as Coldcut: pioneers of the emerging hip-hop/electro scene in the eighties. It has satellite offices in Los Angeles, Berlin and Paris. Ninja Tune and Counter Records have since released music from a myriad of artists such as Bonobo, ODESZA, Maribou State, Big Wild, Kasbo, What So Not and many more.