Try for free
Everything you need to promote and earn.
Sign up today for a completely free 14 day trial to Music Gateway.
Start your free trial
No credit card needed.
- Licence your music to Films, TV and Ads
- Manage your music and metadata
- Submit music to labels and publishers
- Create playlists to showcase to A&R reps
- Collaborate with others and pitch for work
- ...and so much more!
Download your FREE artist pack.
Get your free artist pack when you sign up to a completely free 14 day trial to Music Gateway.
Start your free trial
No credit card needed.
- 5GB+ of samples
- VST plugins
- Midi production files and templates
- Industry guides and how-tos
- Spotify curator list
- ...and so much more!
Position: CREATIVE SERVICES NORTH AMERICA
Employer: APPLE MUSIC PUBLISHING
Category: CREATIVE SERVICES
Location: NASHVILLE, UNITED STATES
Closing Date: Jan 4th 2018
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries.
It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts.
Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it.
We’re growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
We are seeking an amazing candidate to oversee our creative music publisher & songwriter relationships for Apple Music in North America, reporting to the Global Head of Creative Services, Music Publishing.
- You’ll live and breathe music / technology and have a genuine passion for the process of music creation.
- In-depth understanding of the Music Streaming landscape, and music publishing.
- Experience working in a creative capacity with songwriters and the music publishing industry.
- Forward-thinking: A desire to deliver growth through innovation and change.
- A natural networker, dedicated to building substantial and effective relationships.
- A strong work ethic and demonstrate the ability to work in a collaborative, diverse and dynamic cross-functional working environment.
- Self-directed, driven and highly adaptable professional with excellent presentation, communication and organizational skills.
- You are results-oriented, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
- You have a deep passion for the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware (Mac OS X, iOS, Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, iBooks, Podcasts, iTunes U, Trailers, Apple TV, etc.)
- Build best in class working relationships with key creative/A&R music publishing teams, and the songwriter community.
- Identify and deliver innovative creative opportunities for songwriters within Apple Music and the broader Apple ecosystem.
- Help our creative partners to understand & navigate the Apple Music ecosystem, engage with our platform and its subscribers, and unlock incremental value within their musical compositions.
- Collaborate with the broader Apple Music publishing team to deliver a consistent and joined-up relationship with our partners.
- Collaborate with internal teams on delivery of key data metrics to music publishers & songwriters to help them understand how to optimize their copyrights.
- Work with the Apple Music publishing team to deliver creative opportunities with key Industry bodies, partnerships events & ambassadors.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
University Degree or relevant Industry experience.
Position: SENIOR ECONOMIST
Location: LONDON/NEW YORK
Closing Date: Jan 7th 2018
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Economist to join Spotify’s Content team.
Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their work and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it.
Are you a creative thinker who can combine a strong economic toolbox with a desire to learn from others, and who knows how to execute and deliver on big ideas.
You would be working across the content teams and with many other related departments, providing economics, statistical and policy support that enable evidence-based decision making to help Spotify achieve its stated goal.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will be working closely with cross-functional teams within the content organisation on complex and unprecedented problem-solving challenges that requires fast turn-around solutions.
- You will be able to learn quickly and apply all relevant excel, coding and query skills available within the company, and to be able to build user-friendly tools on top of those data platforms
- You need to be able to present economic analysis clearly and concisely to both internal and external audiences who are not trained in the subject, including media.
- Work from one of our offices in London, or New York with occasional travel.
WHO YOU ARE
- You must have a strong understanding of the economics of both the music and broader media and tech industries
- You have excellent statistical training and a proven track record in constructing excel models (such as long tail analysis) for solving problems that are without precedent.
- An MSc (or above) economics training at a reputable university with a research background in applied macro and microeconomics, and proven modelling skills.
- Applicants with considerably more experience are encouraged to apply.
IT IS A PLUS IF YOU
- Have experience in both recorded and music publishing sectors
- Love working a dynamic and fast-moving environment
- Think strategically, but stay on top of tactical execution.
- Possess effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Have the technical competence to perform more advanced analytics:
- Analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, R, SPSS, SQL, or Hadoop)
- Coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Knowledge of conjoint software (i.e. Sawtooth) and other pricing tools
WHEN SENDING IN YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE ANSWER BELOW QUESTIONS AND ADD YOUR ANSWERS IN YOUR COVER LETTER:
- Economists often fail themselves when the consumer doesn’t behave like their model predicted and then blame the consumer for being wrong. Does this remark resonate with you? Can you give examples of this happening?
- Econometrics has often seen as the primary statistical and predictive ‘arm’ of economics. Do you still agree with this, and if not – what alternatives software/tools do you use for modelling?
- Behavioural Economics is a popular strand of the discipline just now, although some critics say that economists are just stealing from psychologists. Can you see a role for behavioural economics at Spotify?