AWAL serves a growing roster of emerging talent and already established independent artists from all over the world.
As the AWAL community continues to grow, we’re looking for someone to help support these labels and artists. We’re very passionate about music of course and working knowledge of the industry is crucial. You also need to have exceptional communication skills, be savvy with ticketing systems and have customer support experience.
The role is based in our London office which is the hub for the AWAL global platform. Here we have a great team of people all working hard to deliver the very latest music industry best practise advice and launching more great tools to help our clients build a successful business in music.
You have to be a quick learner and have a genuine interest in learning the ins and outs of the digital music industry. We need you to take real pride in what you do and have great interpersonal skills and ability to cope with a high-pressure/fast-paced environment but remain optimistic & persistent to make things happen. Working at Kobalt, you will help build the music services company of tomorrow, to empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & passion for music!
WHAT WOULD YOU DO AS A COMMUNITY SUPPORT ASSOSCIATE
- Be the first point of contact for the wide roster of clients getting in touch on day to day issues when setting up their releases and running their campaigns
- Support our clients using the various tools we’ve developed to help make sense of their business and schedule their campaigns, using a support ticketing system, FAQs and informative blog posts
- Supporting our Clients to ensure they’re kept up to date with latest music industry best practises
YOU WILL IDEALLY HAVE
- …a tech-savvy mind-set having previously worked with ticketing systems (as that’s how we stay connected with the client base)
- …strong customer support skills, particularly written communication, are necessary as well as verbal communication skills, highly proficient spoken and written English
- …professional experience working in the digital music industry with hands-on experience of using digital services and platforms
- …genuine love for music and an understanding how passionate our clients are about their projects and what makes musicians ‘tick’
- …strong organisational skills to manage your workload in an exciting environment with a fast-growing roster of clients and can carefully plan and structure your work load but be flexible as priorities frequently change
If you are interested in this possition, find how to apply here.
Contract Type: 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Help Musicians UK is Britain’s leading independent music charity and has provided help, support and opportunities to empower musicians at all stages of their lives for 97 years. HMUK’s mission is to create a sustainable future for all musicians and the industry by supporting those who work in the music industry through grants, health and welfare services, campaigning, creative programmes and targeted investment initiatives. It exists to advocate, educate and provide information around issues which affect musicians and the industry that surrounds them.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team in London in a Digital Communications Officer role. You will work with the Head of Strategic Communications and Communications & PR Manager to develop and implement the digital communications plan, in line with the charity’s wider communications strategy.
You will manage HMUK’s social channels, managing and delivering content for the charity’s website and satellite sites including Music Minds Matter and regional sites for Scotland and Northern Ireland. You will lead on delivery of major digital projects, such as the website rebrand, launch of HMUK’s Intranet and the Music Minds Matter mental health service re-launch. You will commission and create multimedia content, develop and implement digital communications and marketing plans across a number of major projects.
To be successful you will need a good knowledge and experience of a wide range of music and the music industry. You will have 3-5 years’ experience within Digital Communications and Marketing. Up to date knowledge and understanding of current digital and social media landscape, trends, tools and analytics/evaluation and a good working knowledge of InDesign, Mail Chimp and analytics is also essential.
You must possess excellent content planning, CMS, web management, digital marketing, CRM and database skills. You will be highly organised, with an excellent eye for detail, a strong and confident communicator, whilst also having excellent copywriting skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing organisation and to work to achieve the charity’s ambitions to support career and creative opportunities for music makers and the industry across the UK.
To apply please visit our website and complete an application form.
Deadline for applications: 27th August 2018 midnight
All enquiries and applications should be made to email@example.com
AWAL serves a growing roster of emerging talent and established independent artists from all over the world and we are now expanding our London based UK team to include a new Senior Mechanical Assistant, reporting to the Royalty Manager.
Supporting the Mechanical Licensing & Royalty Administration process, you will work across all mechanical licensing tasks as well as royalty and accounting responsibilities ensuring quarterly deadlines are met.
The ideal candidate is interested in career growth within royalty administration, ideally someone who understands the mechanical licensing process – perhaps you have a background in royalty distribution and accounting for a record label, distributor, publisher or collection society!
To be successful in the role, you are a hardworking, self-managing, detail-oriented and organized individual who is fluent in excel and enjoys data management and back office work.
AWAL is the Recordings division of Kobalt, and provides a range of marketing, distribution and other services to artists and labels, empowering recording owners whilst enabling them to retain ownership and control of their masters. AWAL works with more than 12,000 clients and our roster includes artists such as Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, The Kooks, Laura Marling, Tom Misch, De La Soul, The Wombats, David Gray, Placebo and LAUV, and labels including Marathon Artists, Independiente, Mau5trap, Downtown, Wrasse and Chrysalis.
It’s an exciting time to be joining AWAL, and working at Kobalt, you will help build the music services company of tomorrow, to empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & passion for music!
WHAT WOULD YOU DO AS A SENIOR MECHANICAL ASSISTANT?
- General day to day duties of issuing and logging mechanical licenses
- Maintain data registration issues with HFA, CMRRA and MCPS
- Research song ownership and administration using various resources and databases
- Ad hoc licensing tasks
- Processing quarterly mechanical royalties
- Ensuring the timely reporting & payment of mechanical royalties to writers, publishers and societies
- Calculating mechanical deductions and applying to client statements
- Responding to queries regarding mechanical licensing/reporting
YOU WILL IDEALLY HAVE
- …knowledge and understanding of global music licensing and royalty processing
- …efficient with Microsoft Office, specifically with Microsoft Excel
- …excellent written and oral communication skills
- …ability to prioritize and exhibit strong time management skills and to stick to deadlines
- …a “can do” attitude, and is collaborative and respectful with colleagues
- …highly numerate and IT literate
Does this sound like your kind of opportunity? Don’t wait, learn how to apply here.