Try for free
Everything you need to promote and earn.
Sign up today for a completely free 14 day trial to Music Gateway.
Start your free trial
No credit card needed.
- Licence your music to Films, TV and Ads
- Manage your music and metadata
- Submit music to labels and publishers
- Create playlists to showcase to A&R reps
- Collaborate with others and pitch for work
- ...and so much more!
Download your FREE artist pack.
Get your free artist pack when you sign up to a completely free 14 day trial to Music Gateway.
Start your free trial
No credit card needed.
- 5GB+ of samples
- VST plugins
- Midi production files and templates
- Industry guides and how-tos
- Spotify curator list
- ...and so much more!
Position: EVENTS AND CAREERS ASSISTANT
Location: UK – LONDON
Date Posted: Sep 13th 2018
ABOUT BIMM INSTITUTE
BIMM, The British and Irish Modern Music Institute, has colleges in eight cities where music matters most – London, Berlin, Hamburg, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol and Birmingham – and is proud to be the largest and leading provider of contemporary music education in Europe.
Our eight BIMM colleges have over 50 years’ experience between them in helping students launch successful careers in the music industry.
We offer a broad range of Higher and Further Education music courses – including BA Honours Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and Postgraduate Teaching Certificates. Our professional highly vocational and real-world courses include studies in guitar, bass, drums, vocals, songwriting, music production, music business, music journalism and event management.
This role provides a unique opportunity to assist the BIMM Artist Development, Events, Guests and Careers teams.
The position will involve assisting with day to day administration as well as getting involved with hosting masterclasses and assisting at the external BIMM events – such as our end of term gigs and showcases throughout term time.
You will also be responsible for assisting the team in the smooth running of all Careers Hub activity, student marketing and the communication of events to the BIMM online marketing team.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA FOR APPLICANT
- Exceptional organisational skills; the ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with colleagues and contacts at all levels within BIMM and wider music industry.
- Computer literacy, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
DESIRABLE CRITERIA FOR APPLICANT
- Photoshop & Final Cut (or video editing skills within another application)
- A degree in Music Business or similar qualification.
- Experience and understanding of working in an educational environment
- Creating content for BIMM online platforms & monitoring online activity
- Coordinating production of promotional material for internal marketing
- Various weekly mailers using Mail Chimp
- Data entry (populating the BIMM central database Unit E in terms of student engagement with activities generated by both the Careers and Artist Development & Events departments
- General assistance to the Events, Guests & Careers teams as required
- Assisting with the organisation and running of evening events for students – such as masterclasses, workshops, gigs.
- Responding to student queries and general student comms in a timely manner on behalf of the creative and careers teams
- Liaising regularly with the BIMM Group Marketing department ensuring that all BIMM London Creative and Careers activity is being fed through to central marketing so they are able to generate web content and news stories.
- Assisting with BIMM Connect – a web based platform for students, both current and alumni. This will involve uploading content to the platform regularly and assisting with monitoring student usage and activity.
- Assisting the Head of Artist Development and Events in terms of group programs such as Commercial Performance Project. To be a point of contact on behalf of BIMM London, to help promote the programs and undertake any administrative or assisting as required by the HoAD&E.
Does this sound linke your kind of opportunity?
Click here and learn how to apply!
Position: SENIOR DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
Category: DIGITAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Location: UK – LONDON
Salary: SALARY DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE LEVEL
Date Posted: Sep 12th 2018
Cantine are a global creative collective driven by the power of collaboration. Our work has led to breaking sales records, worldwide #1 chart positions, award winning brand and album campaigns, reinvented identities, explosive fanbases and contributing to social change. Our mission is to empower people to interact with each other in real life.
Clients include: BBC, Island, Columbia, RCA, Virgin, Ministry of Sound, Capitol, NHS and TUI.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Digital Marketing Manager with a minimum of 3-5 years running high profile music artist social campaigns to come on board and navigate, plan and roll out world class record releases. This is a great opportunity to stretch portfolios and gain incredible experience working on innovative, global marketing campaigns. The person applying for this role should be:
- A social media native, understanding how to naturally capture audience attention online
- Leading strategy as well as implementation
- Passionate about music and the music industry
- Ambitious, driven and looking for a career in an exciting environment
- Thrive when collaborating, as well as self motivated when working solo
- A great communicator with a brilliant work ethic and a solution focused outlook
You’ll be responsible for devising digital campaigns and managing social media accounts for a selection of artists on the Cantine roster. This will include executing strategic community engagement with the objective of building loyal and passionate audiences. You should have a talent for storytelling and a unique and creative eye for content.
- Create overarching digital strategies that support the artist/ brand marketing objective.
- Plan content schedules to drive engagement for new and existing fans.
- Roll out plans on channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Tumblr, Music DSPs.
- Help create and establish correct tone of voice for social channels, official site and newsletters.
- Analyse campaigns and translate data into recommendations reviewing the effectiveness of campaigns and tweaking plans to maximise results
- Great copywriting skills, a natural tone and an ability to switch into different online voices
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Photoshop, Illustrator and Premier Pro knowledge is a plus
- Ability to commission content and oversee the creative process to ensure delivery is on brief
- Lead on global accounts
- Build strong working relationships and networks
- Stretch your portfolio with innovative campaigns
- Be a part of a awesome team of people on a mission to do great things.
Salary dependant on experience level. We are looking for both a permanent and freelance role. Start date, ASAP. To apply, please send cover letter & CV to: email@example.com
Position: WORK ENTRY ASSISTANT
Employer: KOBALT MUSIC GROUP
Location: UK – LONDON
Date Posted: Sep 10th 2018
Kobalt Music Publishing is looking for a Work Entry Assistant to be based in the Kobalt office in London, and to work within the Copyright Department as a song processor.
The primary roles of a copyright department are registering claims to songs at the relevant collection societies globally and processing the royalties which result from the exploitation of those songs. This enables us to collect and distribute royalties due to the copyright owners. But before all of this can be done, we need to import into our system the songs we receive from our clients. This is the all-important task of our department, and accuracy is absolutely key as all subsequent tasks rely on the accuracy and efficiency with which this task is performed.
The successful candidate will have a well-supported imitation and training process.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
WHAT DOES A WORK ENTRY ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- To ensure that all works delivered to Kobalt Music Publishing are entered with 100% accuracy and within the deadlines
- Daily input of a substantial amount of data entry
- Being able to comply with complex procedures and rules of work entry
- To have an impeccable knowledge of all work entry issues and able to help and advice members of the copyright department regarding work entry matters
- To liaise in a professional way with clients and colleagues regarding issues or queries
- To maintain learning and professional development, including new technical and copyright developments
- Where required, to be proactive, foresee issues and suggest improvements in the system and procedure
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous copyright experience, a good understanding of music publishing, or a music-related degree, is highly desirable
- Good communication skills are very important: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally, we are looking for someone who is able to adapt communication to audience
- Creative Problem Solving: experience in creating and implementing new processes
- Decisiveness: effective and timely decisions, but perceives the impact and implications of decisions
- Person with resilience and tenacity: someone who effectively deals with pressure but remains optimistic and persistent to enter works accurately and efficiently
- Track record of good organization and prioritisation skills
- High level of written and spoken English
- High level of numeracy
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set
If you are interested in this possition, you can find out how to apply here.