Music Industry Jobs – CAROLINE (Project Man.), COMMUNION (A&R), SPOTIFY (Ceative)
By Music Gateway Team on 28 Nov 2018
Caroline is the label services division of Universal Music – offering individually tailored solutions on a global scale, including, but not limited to marketing, promotion, sales and distribution – assisting artists and labels to retain their independence whilst leveraging the strengths of a major label.
You will work in conjunction with the Head of International and local Label Managers & Product Managers, the global digital marketing and the data team to build and develop global marketing, promotional and commercial plans for all relevant Caroline repertoires – direct signings and label deals – and all deal types.
ARTIST/LABEL RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
- Provide leadership, advice and support to internal and external label partners in respect of their release schedule in the areas of sales, distribution, marketing and promotional plans as appropriate to their deal type.
- Provide a first-class knowledge of the music industry to support advice given.
- Oversee the release schedule process and ensure that all aspects of it are properly managed and scheduled in a timely manner.
- Responsible for stock forecasting, internal sales reporting, chart reports, ensuring chart eligibility of Caroline releases.
- Market assigned artists and labels on a global level.
- Create and implement release strategies.
- Attend planning and scheduling meetings.
- General problem solving for all aspects of releases
- Forge strong working relationships with Labels, Artists, Artist Management, Marketing colleagues and Territories in the Caroline structure, travel to oversee large promo events when necessary.
- Ensure timely delivery of assets from external partners, and internal delivery into supply chain, such that marketing timelines are met; pre-orders, instant grats etc go live on time.
- Monitor international programmes on key projects and provide regular detailed written reports on priority projects as determined by Head of International.
- To devise and direct a promotional strategy for artists to ensure maximised sales in line with marketing objectives.
- To work on own initiative to ensure all opportunities are maximised – identify artists labels in the Caroline system that merit marketing and promotional focus.
- Proven experience in a similar International, label management or digital role; ideally within Music Industry or Music Agency with a track record of liaising effectively with both Managers, Labels and Artists.
- Experience of working, influencing and persuading at all levels of an organisation (upwards and downwards).
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to the changing market.
- Flexible and able to prioritise own workload and self-motivated; hard working and enthusiastic.
- Prepared to travel internationally as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, above average presentation skills.
- Team player with a flexible approach, willing to defer when appropriate.
Find out more here
Independent Label and Publisher Communion Music is growing its A&R team, and looking for A&R professionals at all levels.
AS WELL AS HAVING A NATURAL AFFINITY WITH OUR CREATIVE AND WORKING CULTURE, SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- The ability to critically analyse recorded music right through from demo submissions to finished recordings from multiple angles: creatively, structurally, technically and in relationship to the marketplace and cultural context.
- A genuine passion for artist development: the capacity to engage with lyrics in a meaningful way, display empathy for the artistic process and be able to relate to artists socially and creatively.
- The appetite to monitor specialist radio, blogs and other media sources as well as having and maintaining relationships with music lawyers, managers etc. and to have an appetite for attending live music events on a weekly basis.
- A first-hand understanding of one or more of the following creative processes: song-writing, producing, engineering, performing/general musicianship.
- Exceptionally high levels of drive and initiative, first rate communication skills, attention to detail and the proven capacity for original thinking.
AND, DEPENDING ON THE LEVEL OF HIRE:
- A good current working knowledge of UK producers, producer managers, mixers, and an understanding of the record making process from inception to delivery of masters.
- A detailed understanding of relevant commercial trends, and in general of the broader music industry and its practices.
Apply by emailing here with your CV and all other relevant information
As a Creative Producer for Global Latin, you will develop, produce and direct a wide-array of original video and audio content for the platform.
You will collaborate with directors, cinematographers, line producers, project managers, editors, writers and production crew to deliver distinctive, engaging, premium content on time and on budget.
This role is based out of LA and reports to the Supervising Creative Producer, Latin.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and direct complex, high-value editorial video/audio programs incorporating top musical talent
- Maintain and execute against project plans, keeping production on time and on budget.
- Provide persuasive creative direction to key internal and external stakeholders whilst keeping ego firmly in check.
- Contribute to the overall creative strategy and identity of the Originals team by participating in brainstorms, providing notes to other producers, and continuously developing new content formats.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Intimate knowledge of the Latino millennial demographic with particular focus on millennials in Latin America.
- Bilingual producer who is fluent in Spanish (and/or Portuguese) and understands cultural nuances between countries.
- A proven track record of developing and creative producing/directing high quality video content for TV and/or digital.
- 3-5 Year’s experience producing/directing in a studio, network, production or creatives agencies.
- Experience with international travel/productions.
- Experience with Podcast development a plus.
- You are a detail-oriented, self-directed creative leader who has a hands-on approach.
- Experience with all aspects of digital media production.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adapts quickly to change.
- Brings clear, distinctive creative vision to each production.
- Has a passion for music and a knowledge of Latin music culture.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Can-do approach and ability to perform under pressure in a fast paced environment.
Find out more about this great opportunity here.