Based in the city of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors. C.C. Young & Co. provides accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients.
Over the past 20 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, and business management services for artists and managers.
It is seeking a Copyright Controller to join the team dealing with clients who are copyright holders such as record companies, publishers, writers and composers.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- Maintaining agreements files
- Maintaining royalty statement files
- Maintaining licence files
- Typing contracts / liaising with artists to ensure signature and execution of contracts.
- To ensure effective and proactive management of high profile clients’ repertoire registration and collection with the appropriate collecting societies.
- To administer the receipt and organisation of royalty statements, both paper and electronically;
- To assist in the preparation of royalty accounting for record labels and publishing companies;
- To administer PRS Live
- Handling the registration process for tracks for PPL, PRS, MCPS and other collection societies.
- To assist the Head of Department with ad hoc projects that may arise.
- Work to be carried out onsite at the of C.C. Young & Co Offices
- Attendance at in office and out of office meetings with Staff and Clients may be required – advance notice will be given if travel arrangements are required.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Working knowledge of recording and publishing companies and collection societies;
- Ability to interpret agreements; and
- 2 years+ working at C.C. Young & Co. or similar music industry accounting firm.
KNOWLEDGE AND ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a primary focus on Word and Outlook;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to follow projects through to completion;
- Good use of time management;
- Friendly, helpful attitude;
- Attention to detail;
- “Go – with – the – flow” attitude; i.e. ability to be able to change the plan in order to accommodate urgent matters which may occur during the day
- Good knowledge of Counterpoint Record Maestro or similar royalties software;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to produce royalty statements to an acceptable standard; to include:
- Correct rates and deductions
- Appropriate presentation
- General understanding of work undertaken by and issues concerning all C.C. Young & Co. departments (Personal Tax, Corporation Tax, Royalties & Audit, and Company Secretarial).
- Ability to prioritise workload;
- Ability to work to deadlines and produce accurate work whilst under pressure;
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and clients
- Client Meetings (e.g. presenting result to management, communication with lawyers etc)
- Telephone Conversations
- Structured Written Correspondence (e-mails / letters), which may cover several distinct but related issues.Ability to use time in the office efficiently in order to achieve maximum level of productivity;
- Awareness of chargeable time vs non-chargeable time
- Ability to work to a budget; and
- Awareness of clients’ “ability to bear”.
- Ability to work well with others.
If interested, please email here with your CV and any other relevant information.
Domino Publishing Company is seeking a Creative Assistant to join our sync-licensing team in New York.
The position reports directly to the Senior Director of Creative Licensing in New York.
Responsibilities will focus on supporting the creative licensing team (NY/LA) service key active music supervisors from a variety of fields, keeping abreast of new production developments in the music licensing community.
This is a tremendous opportunity for an individual who has great interpersonal and organizational skills, is a self-starter, has a keen interest in a career in music licensing and/or supervision and has the ability to work in an open and creative environment.
- Marketing & Outreach
- Create and send weekly marketing emails to music supervisors & producers servicing new releases, as well as thematic samplers (based on genre, mood, etc.)
- Show promotion: maintain calendar of Domino artists’ events, creating and sending monthly show invites for each city, and overseeing ticket buys / guest list requests
- Manage social media – Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
- Day-to-day administrative tasks and general organization for Creative Department
- Oversee transition between audio databases & maintaining assets in the interim
- Ensure that audio database is complete, reaching out for assets when necessary
- Maintain artist roster & supervisor contact info database
- Showcases: Assist in the coordination and conceptualization & execute sync showcases for Domino artists, from venue outreach and booking (based on budget provided) to client outreach and event promotion
- Manage email invitations of our clients’ live performances to music supervisors and staff.
- Keep track of guest lists and ticket buy information.
- Pre-cleared Catalog: Manage Domino pre-cleared catalog for certain TV networks; Negotiate rate card with participating networks; Compile and service catalog to included supervisors, including specific pre-cleared searches
- Oversee intern projects such as physical mailings and research projects
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in creative licensing or related field
- Broad music knowledge, as the position will be responsible for the marketing of Domino’s many, diverse clients to the licensing community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Google Docs, MS Office, Mailchimp, Social Networks
- Ability to multitask
Candidates should submit cover letter, resume and references to Monique Adderly, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our content teams are responsible for acquiring, developing, producing and distributing compelling packages of content for users around the world.
From mixes, radio shows, interviews, documentaries and podcasts, to other forms of music and culture discovery, Keakie content teams work passionately to entertain and inspire audiences all over the world.
Keakie is recruiting for a Content Acquisition Manager, based in London.
The Manager will be a key member of the team, responsible for identifying and developing original and syndicated content.
The Manager will need to have an in depth knowledge, either of World Music, Latin Music, African Music, Hip Hop or UK Music.
The Manager will be developing shows from creators, companies and independent producers for digital streaming in all Keakie territories across the world.
They will report to the Chief Operational Officer and be responsible for sourcing great projects, deal negotiation, production development and digital distribution.
The ideal candidate needs to have critical thinking skills that allow for intense attention to detail as well as the ability to find and develop great creative projects in a specific genre.
Confidence and exuberance is also important as s/he will be called upon to lead meetings and give presentations as well as negotiate deals and manage external relationships with key partners.
The Manager should be comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment, taking the initiative, managing multiple projects, and working to find creative solutions with partners under tight time- frames.
They are also a motivated, self-starter with a keen interest in and aptitude for finding great content from countries around the world.
- Source, evaluate, develop and produce high quality content that will engage our viewers
- Track trends and analyse performance for culture & lifestyle content and other content categories globally, cultivate relationships and research in local markets in an effort to find new talent, shows and projects
- Develop a deep understanding of content markets through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive and market environment
- Communicate market trends around the production and distribution of content and new content opportunities to internal and external partners
- Participate in all aspects of negotiation (financial analysis and forecasting, contract negotiation and templating)
- Responsible for all aspects of production development, especially in pre-production
- Full responsibility and accountability for attaining relevant Channels over the course of Y1.
- You will have to meet and onboard both individual producers/DJs, larger channels and other various labels alongside upcoming student run institutions.
- There will be a small advertising budget for these genres. This amounts to £4,250 in Y1, £7,500 in Y2 and £48,000 in Y3. This is to be put towards one-off marketing campaigns for certain channels or to run small events. The advertising budget will be spent after discussion from the marketing team.
- Extensive background in sourcing and developing culture & lifestyle content
- Must have experience and be able to analyse channels and give creative feedback to content providers to increase the value of the shows
- Must have extensive knowledge of the culture & lifestyle creative community, and have solid relationships with top artists, managers, booking agents, PR agents, promoters, DJs and labels in the community
- Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills including the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships
- Ability to work independently and the flexibility to change direction frequently
- Ability to manage and process detailed information and processes such as music track listing and channel relationship management while keeping perspective on the bigger picture
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and thus collaborate across multiple teams
- Demonstrated love and understanding of video and audio content in multiple markets
If interested, please email email@example.com with your CV and any other relevant information