Cooking Vinyl is looking for a new Production Manager to manage its busy UK and international manufacturing and digital delivery requirements.
A minimum of one years’ experience within a record label, distributor, manufacturer or DSP is required for this role, which is based in west London.
The position involves but is not limited to the following:
- Overseeing the manufacture and digital distribution of all Cooking Vinyl repertoire
- Working to strict production schedules for UK and international releases
- Booking mastering sessions; ordering the appropriate production masters and getting them in to manufacture
- Liaising with product and marketing managers, UK distributer, international managers, brokers and artist managers
- Approving artwork pdfs, wet proofs, test pressings, test dvds, test blu rays in consultation with management/artist
- Design and manufacture promo CDs
- Obtaining quotes on packaging concepts; sourcing bespoke specs
- Overseeing all financial aspects of production: obtaining quotes; raising purchase orders, approving invoices and disputing when necessary; liaising with the accounts department; costings
- Briefing designers; ensuring all design work is done to specifications; checking and approving artwork
- Maintaining and updating the Cooking Vinyl catalogue database / generating catalogue numbers, UPCs and ISRCs
- Compiling all the necessary credits and performer information to write label copy
- Developing a relationship with manufacturing brokers and working with them to get the best price and service
- Archiving all physical and digital assets
- Gathering orders from UK and international territories; ordering of all stock and parts; overseeing replication, fulfilment and delivery of product
- Ensuring international licensees are supplied with parts for local manufacture (audio and artwork masters, printed parts etc.) and approving artwork amendments
- Maintaining and sending out the weekly Cooking Vinyl Release Schedule
Cooking Vinyl is a pioneering artist services company and record label which has been successful for over 30 years.
Since being founded in 1986, it has partnered with many of the greats of British music and beyond, including The Prodigy, Billy Bragg, Marilyn Manson, Röyksopp, Madness, Alison Moyet, Turin Brakes, Gary Numan, Amanda Palmer, Goldie, Seth Lakeman, Suzanne Vega, The Cult, Lissie, Passenger and Richard Ashcroft.
Cooking Vinyl’s recent additions include Nina Nesbitt, Lewis Watson, Fantastic Negrito, Maximo Park and Lucy Spraggan.
If this opportunity sounds like it fits your skill set and you believe you have the drive and ambition we need, send a short covering letter along with a copy of your resume to: email@example.com by 25th July 2018. Cooking Vinyl is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are looking for ongoing work and music industry business opportunties, then we welcome you to join Music Gateway and access our daily project opportunities, simply sign up with the link below.