Position: RECORDED MUSIC MANAGER
Employer: EXILE PRODUCTIONS
Category: PRODUCT MANAGER
Location: UK – NORTHERN IRELAND
Salary: NEGOCIABLE ON EXPERIENCE
Date Posted: Sep 25th 2018
- To deliver, develop and manage outstanding and innovative successful products, internally and externally, from initiation to completion.
- To deliver products that achieve the key business objectives.
- To propose and then execute agreed concepts for both mass market and niche markets.
- To assist the Product owner and wider product team in all aspects of product research and development connected to the designated catalogue and its unreleased material.
- To propose creative concepts, ideate, strategize and execute product plans.
- Produce detailed project management plans for the development of each product.
- To perform thorough QA testing of developed products.
- To perform certain administrative tasks in relation to the product department including, raising POs, documentation.
- To write up scopes, tech specs, feedback and other creative documentation in relation to Product.
- Proven experience in a product management role.
- Thorough knowledge of and passion for Music.
- Good understanding of UK music, entertainment and media sectors.
- Possess an excellent attention to detail.
- Multi-tasker; possesses the ability to work on several projects at once.
- Excellent communicator.
- Free-thinker with compelling ideas and concepts.
- Recent, relevant project management experience.
- Relevant industry degree (Commercial Music Production, Creative and Commercial Music).
If you want to find out more about how to apply for this possition, follow this link.
Position: MARKETING MANAGER (ARTIST CAMPAIGN)
Location: UK – LONDON
Date Posted: Sep 24th 2018
AWAL serves a growing roster of emerging talent and already established independent artists from all over the world and we are now expanding our UK Marketing team to include a new Marketing Manager, reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing.
Managing relationships and marketing initiatives with emerging & established artists, record labels and catalogue owners, both UK-based and international, the Marketing Manager provides marketing support, advice and strategy for AWAL clients. Your industry relationships will include media, PR and Promotion, retail, managers and labels and experience working with artists, and artist management companies across a wide spectrum of genres and levels of success.
AWAL is the Recordings division of Kobalt, and provides a range of marketing, distribution and other services to artists and labels, empowering recording owners whilst enabling them to retain ownership and control of their masters. AWAL works with more than 12,000 clients and our roster includes artists such as Tom Misch, Little Simz, Mr Eazi, Yung Lean, De La Soul, Todd Terje, Rex Orange County, The Wombats, Ms Banks, Lauv and Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds.
This amazing opportunity will allow you to work with an incredibly diverse roster. It’s an exciting time to be joining AWAL, and working at Kobalt, you will help build the music services company of tomorrow, to empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & passion for music!
WHAT WOULD YOU DO AS A MARKETING MANAGER?
- Conceive and implement industry leading marketing campaigns and strategies for AWAL artists
- Communicate and synchronize campaigns with global marketing teams
- Manage marketing budgets
- Commission all forms of creative content across campaigns
- Set and achieve sales, streaming and revenue targets on each release in UK
- Source and manage media promo partners
- Work closely with internal teams, including Operations, Digital Marketing and Digital Sales as well as external partners
- Work with the Account Management team to develop market-leading streaming and playlist strategies
- Advise on digital marketing, advertising and social media strategies to maximise results, engagement and growth
- Set and achieve streaming, sales and revenue targets
- Analyse performance of releases using AWAL’s market leading analytics tools
YOU WILL IDEALLY HAVE…
- knowledge of current music marketing campaigns, including digital innovations and digital marketing and promotion opportunities
- 3+ years’ experience, ideally within a successful record label or music management company
- experience working with labels, artists and managers
- ability to work across multiple projects of different sizes and development
- strong organisational and project management skills
- superior client management and communication skills
- ability to network with clients and industry contacts
- entrepreneurial spirit, with a progressive and creative attitude
- BA/BSc degree or work-based experience equivalent
If you believe you are suited for this possition, you can apply here.
Position: CLIENT ROYALTIES & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
Employer: KOBALT MUSIC GROUP
Location: UK – LONDON
Date Posted: Sep 21st 2018
AWAL, Kobalt’s digital distribution and label services company, is looking for an enthusiastic, highly efficient, and accurate Client Royalties & Administration Manager to assist with our royalty and accounting responsibilities within our Artist and Label Services department.
Joining a highly collaborative team, the Client Royalties & Administration Manager will manage all client accounting across an important segment of our client base.
To be successful in the role, you will need to understand mechanicals, performance and broadcast, digital and physical distribution and licensing as well as being familiar with different types of recording deals, marketing budgets, physical record costs and royalty accounting systems.
Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Lauv, Nick Cave, Deadmau5, Die Antwoord, Vérité, Tom Misch and Ray BLK.
WHAT DOES A CLIENT ROYALTIES & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Take responsibility and ownership over key deals being the main point of contact for those clients’ reporting queries
- Entering and maintaining client contact, agreement and payment information in our internal & bespoke royalty system
- Managing the generation of royalty accounting to our clients to strict deadlines
- Providing bespoke, intelligent data analysis
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5+ years Royalty Accounting experience with a great understanding of the record industry, working with high-profile clients & with a track-record of providing excellent customer service
- Highly numerate and IT literate (Advanced Excel & SQL is desirable)
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure as well as prioritise to strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships throughout the organization and with external 3rd parties
- Possess high analytical skills, ability to see patterns, be a fast thinker & good decision maker
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and results-oriented attitude
If you would like to work for Kobalt, find out how to apply here.