Position: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Location: UK – LONDON
Closing Date: Oct 25th 2018
Mahogany is a fast-growing boutique music company based in Hoxton, London.
The company is looking for a talented and hungry team member to fulfil an important and busy role within our organisation.
The successful candidate will provide a range of office, project and operational duties.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about their career, hard working and ambitious, and someone who is looking for an opportunity to prove themselves and who will go above and beyond, taking pride in their work.
- Artist Liaison – supporting the A&R department in liaising with talent.
- Digital Support – assisting the digital team in preparing assets for digital platforms.
- Social Media – research and content gathering tasks to support the social media team.
- Production – administrative support for the in-house production team including location sourcing, call-sheet assembly and basic logistics.
- Office Management – first port of call for all visitors and ensuring office amenities are kept stocked accordingly.
- Strong attention to detail
- Process driven
- Meticulously organised
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Intermediate skills across all Microsoft Office packages and willingness to learn all other necessary day-to-day software.
Position: PUBLISHING OPERATIONS MANAGER, AUDIOVISUAL RIGHTS
Location: NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
Closing Date: Nov 5th 2018
Founded in 2011, Songtrust is the world’s largest global royalty collection service and publishing administrator, enabling over 150,000 songwriters and over 20,000 publishers to collect their publishing royalties worldwide for over 1,000,000 copyrights.
Songtrust’s clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Nominees – retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services.
Our industry-leading online solutions help songwriters, artists, managers, labels and publishers simplify music rights management including the administration of music publishing assets, performing rights, and digital licensing.
Our team is looking for a Publishing Operations Manager, Audiovisual Rights.
You will be working with our Rights Management Operations team and in-house Development team on a range of projects that help our TV and Film-based songwriters and publishers collect royalties globally.
This position requires knowledge of how audiovisual copyrights are managed and registered with global collection societies around the world. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience (preferably five+ years) working in a boutique audiovisual music publisher or in the TV/Film department for a publisher. If you want the opportunity to build a practice around audiovisual rights management, then this is the place for you.
- Develop process and practices related to the management of audiovisual catalogs
- Define operational requirements specific to audiovisual copyrights (society rules, metadata, etc.)
- Liaise between operations and our affiliates (partners, clients, societies etc.)
- Process Common Works Registration (CWR) and Acknowledgement files
- Assist in catalog ingestion, PRO registration audits and metadata tracking
- Respond to client inquiries and issues
- Seek client approvals for potential licensing opportunities
- Develop and maintain international relationships with copyright partners
- Work with our engineering team on bug tracking and feature requests
- Consistently seek to improve existing processes and maximize efficiency
- 5+ years international music publishing experience, preferably working in an administrative and client-facing role.
- 2 years + experience in international film/TV royalty collections.
- Deep understanding of the international film/TV registration and collection process.
- Direct experience of communication with international collection societies regarding registration and income tracking inquiries.
- Familiarity with cue sheets and how to ensure that they are correct and properly linked to the writer/publisher.
- Proven experience working with high-level film and TV clients with a regular stream of successful titles, both catalog and new.
- An understanding of mechanical licenses, particularly in relation to the licensing of film/TV soundtracks.
- Experience working with Vistex’s Music Maestro publishing platform
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE
- We have a fun and energetic loft office in SoHo, NYC
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership
- Paid Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
Position: MANAGER, SALES
Employer: REPOST NETWORK
Location: LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES
Closing Date: Oct 26th 2018
Repost is a music distribution and label services company focused on optimizing artists’ online audiences.
Its proprietary technologies address the unique nuances of music streaming platforms from distribution and digital marketing to content protection, while reporting revenue all on one dashboard.
Repost distributes across 25 streaming platforms, including SoundCloud, Spotify, Pandora, YouTube, NetEase, Instagram, Tencent and others, enabling more than 6,000 partners such as RedBull Records, Waka Flocka Flame, Mayer Hawthorne and The Far East Movement reach global audiences and earn more revenue with one upload.
As a company, we believe that the world of streaming music is changing, and while anyone has the ability to build their own audience, they should also have the ability to make a living from that audience.
As such, our mission is to help independent musicians make a living through their audiences online.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Repost is seeking to add a social and organized person to its sales and A&R team.
The goal of this role is to increase Repost’s bottom line by helping to bring in new business to the platform be it independent artist, management, or label partners for distribution.
ROLES & RESPONSABILITIES
- Maintain existing lines of business and effectively obtain new business
- Build rapport among peers and staff that support sales
- Calling on a set list of clients around the world
- Management and tracking of leads through a sales CRM
- 5+ years in a sales role in music, media, or entertainment
- A strong rolodex in the music industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to handle pressure and be able to prioritize tasks
- Comfortability with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and Google Suite
- Contribute to the energetic and fun culture of our team, while remaining professional
- A love for electronic music and/or hip-hop
Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com with your cover letter and resume.
Extra points for including a pre-recorded audio introduction and sending it to us via SoundCloud link!