Name PR is looking to hire a press assistant.
This is an exciting opportunity for a bright individual who enjoys writing to help shape some of the industry’s most interesting issues, from AI to ticket touting.
You will be responsible for supporting the internal teams on client campaigns and promotion strategies.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Exceptional writing skills
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Brilliant organisational skills – you’ll constantly be juggling conflicting client priorities
- Strong communication skills, with a confident phone manner
- Good analysis and critical appraisal skills
- 6+ months experience in music PR or a related field
With a great range of benefits, including flexitime, access to industry events, and a generous pension scheme, this is a great opportunity for an exciting introduction to the changing landscape of the music industry.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is November 15.
For more information on the role please visit namepr.co.uk/site/about/jobs/
If you would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Jasper on 020 8357 7305.
Based in the city of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors.
C.C. Young & Co. provides accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients.
Colin Young established the firm in 1998. Over the past 20 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, and business management services for artists and managers.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To prepare books and records for Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships where appropriate for level of experience and training as instructed by the Team Leader
- To assist with the day to day running of clients’ affairs, to include liaising with tour managers, artist management, and the Accountants in the business management department etc;
- To assist the Team Leaders with projects that may arise that are suitable to level of experience; and
- To assist other teams/departments when necessary as instructed by the Manager.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
- Maintaining the books and records for bands, touring companies, LLPs and sole traders using Sage Line 50. This will include the preparation of:
Cash Book and Bank Reconciliation
Tour Float reconciliation
Credit Card reconciliation
Sales Day Book, Sales Ledger and Debtors Ledger
Booking Agency Statement Reconciliation
Purchase Day Book, Purchase Ledger Control Account
VAT Returns and workings.
- Corresponding with bank re balances / confirmation of receipt of documents etc
- Assisting with the day to day running of clients’ affairs, to include liaising with tour managers, artist management, agents, insurers and the Accountants in the business management department etc;
- Arranging payment of authorised purchase invoices by preparing transfer documents and setting up internet payments.
- Assisting with the management of clients’ cash flow, debtor collection etc; and
- Assisting the Team Leader and Head of Department with ad hoc projects that may arise
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Subject to entry level / stage of qualification
KNOWLEDGE AND ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED
- Ability to multi-task;
- Good use of time management
- Attention to detail
- “Go – with – the – flow” attitude; i.e. ability to be able to change the plan in order to accommodate urgent matters which may occur during the day
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication with staff and clients, both written and verbal
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work well with others
- Keen interest in the Music Industry
To apply please email your CV & Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
An exciting opportunity has become available at one of the leading Neighbouring Rights collection agencies.
Double Six Rights Management is seeking a self-motivated and driven individual to support with the day-to-day operation of the company and to help maximise revenue for both label and performer clients.
Part of the Domino Music Group, Double Six Rights was founded in 2011 and now boasts an extensive roster of over 200 label, performer and producer clients from across the globe, including internationally renowned artists, influential indies, and sought-after producer/session players.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone to develop their experience in all areas of Neighbouring Rights and working with a focused and dedicated team in South West London.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE
- To liaise with collection societies around the world to ensure performer and label clients are affiliated correctly, drawing up paperwork and auditing memberships
- To assist the team with the management of performer and label data across Domino and Double Six clients
- To undertake catalogue research and gather any supporting evidence which may be required to support claims
- To assist the team with reviewing airplay reports to ensure that Double Six is maximising revenue for its performer and label clients
- To assist the team with work on society unclaimed lists
- To review and process recording disputes at societies
- Analysing revenue received from societies on a regular basis to understand any gaps in payment from the catalogue
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and results driven
- Supportive and a great team player
- Competent with Excel
- Excellent organisation and planning
- Analytical and thorough with excellent attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Understanding and experience in Neighbouring Rights with knowledge of overseas collection societies
- Experience of working with artists, labels, managers, lawyers and accountants
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday November 23.