Position: MUSIC PUBLICIST
Location: UK – LONDON
Closing Date: Nov 26th 2018
Partisan PR is a London-based music publicity and artist management company, specialising in print and online publicity.
We work with an eclectic roster of breaking, independent and international artists such as Mercury-winner Benjamin Clementine, Frank Turner and Oscar Jerome, as well as festivals and events, including the London Jazz Festival.
We are seeking an experienced, quick-witted and resourceful Music Publicist to join the team who must possess impeccable writing skills, the desire to discover and work with new artists and the initiative to thrive in the shifting landscape of online and print media.
In this role, you will be working directly with artist and management teams to successfully execute press campaigns for new releases, providing intuitive guidance based on your previous experience and promoting both upcoming and established artists in a creative and enthusiastic manner.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 12 months’ previous experience in a similar role and have existing relationships with journalists and media platforms.
As a core member of our team, you will help our roster garner both national and international press. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential to this position.
If this sounds like you, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on our roster and Partisan as a company, please visit www.partisanpr.com
Position: GLOBAL DIGITAL MANAGER
Employer: REDEYE WORLDWIDE
Location: HILLSBOROUGH, UNITED STATES
Closing Date: Dec 15th 2018
Based in Hillsborough, NC (near Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill), Redeye began in 1996 by focusing on the rich independent music of the southeast and providing the artists that made up the scene with a distribution option to give them access to all retail accounts located in their region.
Since then, Redeye has charted a course of steady, sustainable growth by developing a strong physical and digital distribution network both nationally and internationally and providing a multitude of services to our partners.
Redeye is hiring a full-time Global Digital Manager to oversee our global digital efforts, including day-to-day management, ongoing education and training, and ensuring digital sales goals are met. This position will ideally be located in New York City or Hillsborough, NC.
This position works closely with the Director of Sales and Label Strategy to inform the structure and alignment of digital account reps and digital account workflows.
PRIMARY FUNCTIOND OF THE GLOBAL DIGITAL MANAGER INCULDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING
- Manage Redeye’s worldwide digital account reps, which includes weekly one-on-one meetings with each.
- Work with Redeye Marketing Manager to identify and support Redeye global digital priorities.
- Identify and implement reporting and systems upgrades to meet the needs of digital account reps, label managers, distributed labels.
- Ensure digital goals are met on a title by title, release date by release date basis.
- Review all digital account and sales reporting data on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Work with digital account reps to target opportunities to generate new opportunities across all distributed digital content.
- Submit reporting to Director of Sales & Label Strategy and International Sales & Operations Director on a monthly basis.
- Maintain direct contact with digital accounts to discuss account rep, account initiatives, overall sales and marketing efforts, and other digital related topics.
- Lead weekly digital priority meeting with global digital account reps, identifying areas in need of additional marketing support as well as opportunities based on digital trending analysis.
- Lead digital sales section of the weekly New Release Meeting.
- Lead digital sales section of weekly Marketing Meeting.
- Organize and lead quarterly digital sales overview/marketplace analysis.
- Attend Long Lead Priority Release meetings with Label Managers to discuss upcoming priorities and marketing opportunities.
- Oversee necessary e-blast solicitations on regular basis.
- Travel required. Represent Redeye at industry functions such as Music Biz, A2IM, SXSW, etc.
- Attend distributed label artist’s concerts.
- Minimum 3 years’ digital retail, label and/or distribution experience.
- Knowledge of Redeye’s catalog.
- Proficient with basic programs such as Microsoft Office, Google Suite, CRM.
Redeye is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Position: DISTRIBUTION ASSISTANT
Location: UK – LONDON
Closing Date: Nov 26th 2018
Our incredible Neighbouring Rights team has come a long way since the start.
The team is close-knit and dedicated and is in need for a tech-savvy, detail focused individual to help manage the end to end royalty & accounting process.
Working in the heart of the City overlooking the Thames, this role is highly data-focused in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment, but in return you will be given the opportunity to add value and improve our royalty processes so we can continue to build the music services company of tomorrow.
Besides being keen on systems and the tech side of the industry, you are a problem solver, graceful under pressure and a creative thinker.
Our Neighbouring Rights team prides itself on its bespoke, robust service to clients, drawing on secondary data to test reporting by collecting societies and negotiating the complex distribution policies and qualifying criteria in order to maximize revenues to artists such as Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa, Sam Smith, Passenger, Icona Pop, John Newman, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Red Hot Chili Peppers to mention a few.
Working at Kobalt, you will help empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & of course, a passion for music!
WHAT WOULD YOU DO AS A DISTRIBUTION ASSISTANT AT KOBALT?
- Ensuring the timely receipt of incoming royalty statements & payments from our society partners
- Converting, importing & processing incoming statements mainly using Excel
- Matching royalties accurately to our internal database (sometimes 2-3 weeks solid so you need to be ok with repetitive tasks from time to time)
- Investigating royalty identification issues & initiating royalty queries with societies
- Assisting with the generation of royalty statements to our clients to strict deadlines
- Providing intelligent data manipulation & analysis using Excel
YOU WILL IDEALLY HAVE
- Numeracy skills & experience manipulating large sets of data in Excel
- Tech savvy and finds it easy to learn & adapt to new systems
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with a good eye for detail
- Ability to prioritize, self-start, chip in and meet tight deadlines
- Worked proactively in high-pressure, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- A ”hard & smart” approach to work and a roll up sleeves and get it done mentality
- A love for helping teammates achieve their own goals too
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Follow this link to apply.