Position: JUNIOR ROYALTIES ADMINISTRATOR (FRANCE)
Location: UK – LONDON
Dat.e Posted: Jul 24th 2018
[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and success.
- To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
The Junior Royalties Administrator (France) role is primarily responsible for the processing and distribution of statements for [PIAS] France based distributed labels and Artists. The effectiveness of the role is critical to meeting our various royalty deadlines and providing royalty information to management for the performance analysis.
KEY RESPONSABILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- To ensure the accurate set-up and maintenance of client data and repertoire royalty conditions within our group royalty system, Counterpoint’s Record Maestro.
- Processing and distributing monthly statements for [PIAS] France distributed labels and Artists.
- Liaising with Business Affairs and Management to ensure accuracy within our reporting.
- Liaising with mainly France, but also international finance teams in regard to payments, costs and recharges for the UK distributed labels.
- Manage ad-hoc projects to improve efficiency of royalty process including analysis project on allocation of various income streams.
- Support the Royalty Supervisor (EU) with general royalty tasks.
- Build and sustain an efficient flow of royalty data to the various Finance teams.
- Provide any additional analysis required by Management, Financial Controllers or line manager.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Fluent in French is essential
- Experience of processing royalties is desirable
- High mathematical standard and excellent Excel skills
- Organised and methodical with good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines and work under own initiative
- Experience of Counterpoint Record Maestro is desirable
- Gravitas and integrity
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Organised, efficient and effective
- Passionate about music
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunity
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
To apply to this job opportunity click here
Position: SENIOR COORDINATOR COPYRIGHT ADMINISTRATOR (US)
Location: NASHVILLE, UNITED STATES
Closing Date: Aug 26th 2018
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age.
That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
As the Senior Coordinator, Copyright Administration you will be responsible for the following items:
USCO COPYRIGHT REGISTRATION & RECORDATION
- Complete and submit Copyright Registrations to the United States Copyright Office for all BMG-controlled compositions and recordings that are delivered to the Copyright department for the purpose of USCO registration.
- Record assignments and/or other relevant documents with the United States Copyright Office.
RECOUPABLE COST TRACKING & ANALYSIS
- Track, calculate, and submit recoupable costs to Royalties and Finance departments for all USCO-related Registration and Recordation costs.
USCO IT DEVELOPMENT COORDINATION
- Assist and coordinate with IT team on ongoing process to develop solutions and new tools to make the registration process more efficient.
DATA MAINTENACE & PROCEDURE MONITORING
- File Uniform Commercial Code documentation with state Secretary of State, where necessary.
- Liaise with Creative, Legal & Business Affairs, and Copyright departments as necessary on incomplete information.
- Maintaining relevant USCO data and documentation across BMG systems.
- Monitor and advise of changes in USCO policies, procedures, costs, etc.
- Review, research and provide timely responses to rights queries and information requests. Including, but not limited to those from:
- BMG US business functions (e.g. Royalty Processing, Synch/Marketing, Business Affairs, Creative.)
- BMG writers and clients.
- BMG sub-publishers and affiliates.
- Business partners (e.g. Hal Leonard.)
- Performing/Mechanical rights societies.
- 3rd party writers and publishers.
- Assist in maintaining and developing the relationships with admin customers and partners. Including, but not limited to:
- Performing rights organizations.
- Industry organizations.
- Engage in and handle other ongoing processes or ad-hoc projects as business needs dictate or as assigned by supervisor.
- Miscellaneous Information Service Projects.
- Supervision of temporary employees and interns as necessary.
- You have a strong interest in music publishing and music publishing administration. You are comfortable working in a high volume, fast-paced environment while handling a high volume of varying and sometimes complex data entry.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to track and follow through on multiple concurrent projects to completion.
- Foundational knowledge of music publishing and the role that USCO Registration and Recordation play in protecting IP rights holders
- Proficiency: Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
WHAT’S IN FOR YOU
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
Follow this link here if you would like to apply to this opportunity.
Position: PUBLICITY ASSISTANT
Employer: EDGE PUBLICITY
Category: MUSIC PUBLICITY
Location: UK – LONDON
Date Posted: Jul 26th 2018
Edge Publicity are seeking an enthusiastic Publicity Assistant to join our team in central London. We offer a fully integrated and strategic PR service for music artists. With our team at the helm of the campaign, we ensure consistency of messaging across all media: TV, Press and Online, for the greatest overall effect. The job requires a passion for the music industry and publicity. The Publicity Assistant/Intern will support the team with duties.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Confident writer
- Knowledge of the music industry
- Knowledge of a range of social media channels/media platforms and publications
JOB ROLE INCLUDES
- Collating print coverage (from a clippings service) and gathering online coverage daily
- Dispersing and gathering information for weekly reports
- Updating calendars and schedules
- Writing and disseminating press releases
- Filing and documenting company expenses
- Organising photo passes and ticket reviews
- Managing social media channels
Office hours are 10am-6pm, however, you will need to be flexible on hours as weekend work will be required alongside longer hours for events.
Start date: ASAP
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org