Try for free
Everything you need to promote and earn.
Sign up today for a completely free 14 day trial to Music Gateway.
Start your free trial
No credit card needed.
- Licence your music to Films, TV and Ads
- Manage your music and metadata
- Submit music to labels and publishers
- Create playlists to showcase to A&R reps
- Collaborate with others and pitch for work
- ...and so much more!
Download your FREE artist pack.
Get your free artist pack when you sign up to a completely free 14 day trial to Music Gateway.
Start your free trial
No credit card needed.
- 5GB+ of samples
- VST plugins
- Midi production files and templates
- Industry guides and how-tos
- Spotify curator list
- ...and so much more!
Position: PROJECT MANAGER UK
Employer: SECRETLY GROUP
Location: LONDON, UK
Closing Date: Aug 27th 2018
Secretly Group is looking for a motivated, ambitious and enthusiastic Project Manager to join its London team. 2-4 years of music industry experience are essential. The candidate must have a passion for music, be keen to contribute creative ideas to our global marketing strategy, and an ability to communicate effectively with artists and managers.
A strong knowledge of electronic-orientated music is a bonus. Secretly Group is made up of the Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar and Secretly Canadian record labels, headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, USA. We release music by artists such as Bon Iver, Angel Olsen, Slowdive, Shame, Whitney, and serpentwithfeet.
- Managing album campaigns across UK and Europe, working closely with a US PM to develop global campaign
- Planning and coordinating European promo and promo trips
- Working with the marketing team to create European wide plans
- Managing and overseeing project budgets
- Initiating and leading regular international project meetings
- Using stats and analysis to help shape marketing campaigns
- Coordinating press, radio, TV, retail and digital marketing teams.
- Helping to coordinate assets across a campaign including music videos, remixes, live sessions, photoshoots, digital assets.
- Liaising with live agents, promoters and artist managers on a live plot
- Collating label copy and data for European based artists
- Liaising with local staff and distributors in European territories on retail and promotional stock requirements
- Liaising with our digital teams and digital retailers
- Some international travel is required.
- The role is full-time, 40 hours per week, and will require some out-of-hours activity, such as attendance at shows, accompanying artists on promotional activities etc.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Must possess strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate independent thought and action.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Effectively manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Background of 2-4 years in music industry.
To apply or to recommend a qualified candidate send email directly to Jessie LaJoie, Secretly’s HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: ARTIST MARKETING MANAGER
Employer: THE ORCHARD
Location: LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Closing Date: Sep 29th 2018
The Orchard has an immediate opening for the position of Artist Marketing Manager, reporting into the Director of Artist Marketing.
Working alongside the Director of Artist Marketing the Artist Marketing Manager will effectively and creatively manage all aspects of marketing campaigns for assigned Orchard artists as approved artist services campaigns.
The candidate will manage all marketing activity in line with commercial objectives and approved budget. Build and maintain strong relationships with artist management, key internal departments and external agencies/suppliers.
- Supporting Director on preparation of campaign plans for assigned artists in line with best marketing and planning processes, as well as managing own campaigns as assigned.
- Effectively manage marketing spend in line with approved budget and project KPIs.
- Generating and supervising integrated, cost effective and profitable D2C campaigns.
- Ensure timely delivery of all aspects of the marketing campaign in line with core project and approval route milestones.
- Expedite ‘best practise’ in all aspects of campaign execution. Timely delivery and being on budget are as important as creativity.
- Keep aware of the trends and opportunities that provide us with a chance to market the artist effectively.
- Work effectively to deliver an overall campaign that reflects the vision and goals of the artist, management or label alongside the strategy of the agreed marketing plan.
- Communicating with management and artists on a regular basis to address concerns, manage expectations and generally maintain a good working relationship.
- Work cross functionally with other departments (such as label management, interactive marketing, retail marketing, physical, international, sync) to ensure flow of information throughout the campaign and to provide new business opportunities.
- Supply physical and digital sales teams with all materials necessary for selling releases into retail with maximum impact.
- Sharing information around acts with press & promotion departments so that each side has necessary tools for maximising impact across media.
- As part of the team, maximise possibilities for international release through careful co-ordination of plan with international department.
- Be aware of changes and developments in the music market, with particular emphasis on competitor activity.
- Represent The Orchard in meetings with existing and potential artists & artist management.
- Represent The Orchard, including attending gigs and spreading the word.
- Experience within a label or artist management dealing with frontline release campaigns
- Knowledge and experience of artist and label services including campaign management, budget management and physical distribution.
- Excellent knowledge of the digital space, including music retail, analytics and social media, with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape.
- Highly advanced organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise to tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to speak effectively across all levels of business, both internally and externally.
- Resourceful, accountable, and takes initiative – an expert troubleshooter
- Passionate about independent music and artist development
The Orchard is a pioneering music and video distribution company operating in more than 35 global markets. We provide innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing solutions for content owners working with such diverse artists such as Skepta, The Cribs, Jason Isbell, BTS and Run The Jewels. With an industry-leading technology platform, The Orchard’s creative and tailored approach streamlines its clients’ business complexity while amplifying reach and revenue across hundreds of digital and physical outlets around the world. The Orchard was founded in 1997 to foster independence and creativity in the music industry. For further information, please visit www.theorchard.com.
If you want to apply, send an email with you CV and relevant information to email@example.com
Position: MUSIC FESTIVAL PROGAMMER
Location: AUSTIN, TEXAS, UNITED STATES
Closing Date: Sep 13th 2018
SXSW is in search of an all-star Music Programmer for its Music Festival programming team based in Austin, Texas.
This role will coordinate with artists, booking agents and showcase presenters to help build a diverse and compelling multi-genre lineup of emerging and established international talent for SXSW 2019 and beyond.
The ideal candidate is an open-minded, collaborative individual with a music industry background, comprehensive knowledge of music/genres and an enthusiasm for identifying new talent and trends in music.
Strong communication skills, close attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment are required for this position.
RESPONSABILITIES AND DUTIES
- Review and grade a high volume of artist showcase applications
- Coordinate and collaborate with showcase presenters and partners to build lineups which meet SXSW objectives
- Identify relevant potential showcase partners, including record labels, media outlets, brands, etc.
- Assist showcase presenters and artists with navigation of SXSW policies including third party sponsorships, unique onsite requests, performance allowances, etc.
- Liaise with other departments to coordinate tasks that impact the Music Festival
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of music industry experience required
- Demonstrated success in music programming via some combination of talent buying, tour booking, artist management or other means
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to participate successfully in a team environment
- Strong contact database of high-level music industry professionals
- Proven ability to build and maintain client relations
- Multilingual is preferred, but not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Ability to uphold the pressure of a fast-paced work environment
- Regular, predictable attendance is required
- Remote work is not available for this role.
**MUST BE AVAILABLE THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE EVENT IN MARCH 2019.**
SXSW is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal, State and Local employment laws, including ADA.
If you are interested in this opportunity email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and any other relevant information.