Music Industry Jobs – SONY (Marketing), FUGA (Label Rep), DOWNTOWN (Develop.)
By Music Gateway Team on 05 Dec 2018
Sony Music Continental Europe and Africa represents a wide range of artists including Alan Walker, Gavin James, JAIN, James Arthur, Kygo, Martin Garrix and Tove Styrke.
We are looking for a Data & Insights Manager International Marketing to join the central team in Berlin.
Based on your analyses and conclusions you will provide guidance to the International Marketing teams across the region and individual repertoire owners in the development of the artist strategies. Using data storytelling to inspire the local teams in their daily decision-making, communication and campaign planning.
We strive to best support our local affiliates across the region with expertise in campaign strategy, resources, creative input and its strong network in order to develop and break talent across the world. Initiate new marketing tactics and innovation within Sony Europe and Africa.
We have offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussels, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Istanbul, Johannesburg, Moscow, Oslo, Paris, Stockholm, Munich, Vienna, Warsaw and Zurich.
- To provide insights, analyses and learnings for repertoire owners and artists in the region
- Inspire and motivate new marketing tactics based on your insights and analyses
- Track the progress of music releases from the region
- Initiate, develop and present artist DNA & insights (both in-depth and summaries)
- Create a strong network and collaborations between the local teams within the region.
- Establish a central hub of expertise with best practices and cases
- Identify potential hits and opportunities from partner data
- Monitor and evaluate trends and insights
- Analyze and generate reports of consumer behaviors
- Frequently lead workshops, reports and conduct basic market research to support the affiliates in their decision-making based on data and insights
- Track and analyze the development of streaming partners (using monthly subscriber re-ports)
- Collaborate with relevant marketing teams to implement campaigns focused on data collection
- Support the European management team (market share, analysis)
- Represent the region in internal meetings and presentations
- Several years’ work experience, music industry experience preferred, but not required, multi territory international experience highly preferred
- An educational background in a related field such as Information Technology / Marketing / Economics / Business Administration
- Technical expertise regarding data models, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Exceptional analytical mind set, able to identify trends in large datasets and generate new ideas
- Experience with MS Excel, Tableau and database analysis tools
- Knowledge of and experience with reporting packages and databases
- Understanding of the importance of data storytelling to explain your findings
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain complex situations in clear terms to management and large groups
- Knowledge of Spotify Analytics/Spotify For Artists preferred
- Fluent English is essential
- Team player who has the ability to inspire and engage others
- Highly organized, structured and detailed oriented
- Passion for discovering new music and artists
We are looking forward to your application, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
FUGA, a leading digital music distribution platform for independent record companies, distributors and artist services platforms, is currently looking for a Business Development and Label rep to help grow our West Coast business and support our existing client base.
You will be actively seeking new partners and will be the first point of contact for record labels and online music services that use our software to distribute music.
WHAT YOU DO
In addition to supporting FUGA through outreach to prospective new clients, your responsibilities will also include acting as a front-facing liaison for existing clients and DSP partners.
- Proactively reach out to prospective new clients
- Investigate new leads through industry research
- Qualify incoming leads and analyze potential of prospective clients
- Manage introductory calls, FUGA platform demos, and present custom marketing strategies
- Represent FUGA at local industry events
- Be a point of contact for our clients and DSPs based on the west coast and similar time zones.
- Help to on-board new clients using the FUGA platform
- Guide clients in timely migrating of back catalog to the FUGA platform and general use of the platform for new releases
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and (where possible) solve technical and content related issues
- Escalate issues appropriately and communicate effectively with internal teams
- Where needed discuss release priorities with local DSP editors
WHO YOU ARE
You are social, outgoing, industry savvy, communicative and have experience dealing directly with business leaders to foster new opportunities and strengthen industry relationships.
SOME OF THE CORE QUALITIES AND CAPABILITIES WE FEEL ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE ARE:
- Two or more years of experience in a business development and/or label relations position within the music industry
- Creative and independent worker / thinker / planner
- Excellent Spanish and English skills – written and spoken
- Knowledge of music and music industry trendsMotivated to develop and foster independent distribution processes
- Analytical and investigative
- Strong capability for cultivating trust within partnerships
- Experience working remotely and communicating effectively between several geographic locations / time zones
- Confidence in a negotiation and business terms discussion
- Ability to read basic contract language
- We would be thrilled to have someone that is passionate about music and has a firm understanding of digital supply chain operations:
- Know how FUGA or a similar music delivery platform works
- Understand music metadata issues
- Knowledge of the digital music consumer landscape
- Understand DSP music marketing processes
WHO WE ARE
- Small, enthusiastic team and a growing company with strong ambitions
- International business environment, colleagues and clients around the world with diverse backgrounds in music and tech
- Egalitarian, transparent environment with career growth opportunities
- Part of a dynamic industry: music & technology
Founded in 2006, FUGA build software and provide services for the digital music industry. We have an extensive and growing international network of clients and partners in more than 50 countries.
Our HQ is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with offices in New York, London and Milan and representatives in Paris, Korea, Japan and Brazil.
We operate at the heart of the music industry with clients such as Armada Music , Spinnin’s Records, Tommy Boy, Ultra Records, Curb Records, Epitaph, Domino Recording Company and many more.
FUGA connects these record labels, artists and distributors with online stores such as Spotify, iTunes, and Apple Music. FUGA’s products & services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital product cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music and collect on their revenue. By doing so FUGA enables its clients to optimize their business processes and successfully execute their strategy.
Follow this link if you want to apply.
Established in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world’s leading rights-management firms with offices in major music markets around the globe, including New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Paris, and Sydney.
The company’s catalog spans over a hundred years of popular music, encompassing some of the world’s most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Hans Zimmer, The Kinks, One Direction, Mötley Crüe, Robin Thicke, Naughty Boy, Phish, Hardwell, Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson, Santigold, Carla Bruni, and Social Distortion.
Downtown Music Publishing is wholly owned by Downtown & Company, which also owns New York-based Downtown Music Studios and SongtrustR, the world’s largest technology platform for songwriting and music publishing royalties, which powers global royalty collection from over 120 territories and more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
Our Business Development and Finance team is seeking a Director, Corporate Development to join our New York office.
You will lead the analysis of Downtown’s M&A transactions from start to finish including strategic and music catalog acquisitions, investments and joint ventures.
This person will report directly to the SVP, Business Development as well as to the CFO and will work closely with senior management.
As our Director, Corporate Development, you will be the primary point of contact for senior management, providing insight needed to make smart and profitable decisions.
If you thrive in a fast-paced and agile environment and have a strong interest in the music industry, this role will be perfect for you.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Lead all execution and financial aspects of Downtown’s strategic and music catalogue acquisitions, investments and joint ventures, including forecasting, valuation analyses, diligence investigations, structuring and negotiations
- Develop tools and methodologies for forecasting future royalty flows
- Work closely with outside accountants and financial advisers
- Present analyses and conclusions to senior management
- 5+ years leading and/or assisting in executing M&A transactions either in a corporate development role, as a consultant, at an accounting or private equity firm, or at an investment bank
- Music publishing experience preferred, including experience in analysing publishing transactions (acquisitions, co-publishing and administrative in nature), hands-on knowledge of how music royalties are collected and distributed globally
- Strong finance, tax and accounting knowledge
- Strong project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects, and experience in leading deal teams
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to process and distil large amounts of data into useful analyses
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE:
- The chance to work in our amazing loft office in SoHo, NYC
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership
- Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
If interested in this role, please contact here.