Try for free
Everything you need to promote and earn.
Sign up today for a completely free 14 day trial to Music Gateway.
Start your free trial
No credit card needed.
- Licence your music to Films, TV and Ads
- Manage your music and metadata
- Submit music to labels and publishers
- Create playlists to showcase to A&R reps
- Collaborate with others and pitch for work
- ...and so much more!
Download your FREE artist pack.
Get your free artist pack when you sign up to a completely free 14 day trial to Music Gateway.
Start your free trial
No credit card needed.
- 5GB+ of samples
- VST plugins
- Midi production files and templates
- Industry guides and how-tos
- Spotify curator list
- ...and so much more!
Position: DIRECTOR, ARTIST AND LABEL SERVICES (WEST COAST)
Location: LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES
Closing Date: Sep 28th 2018
What’s next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
Director, Artist & Label Services is responsible for managing SoundCloud’s West Coast artist, management, and label community relationships. The Director will be responsible for supporting existing relationships and expanding SoundCloud’s connections throughout the music industry, with a focus on maximizing relationships with West Coast partners.
The ideal candidate will understand the music streaming landscape and have strong relationships across the creator community – including artists, managers, songwriters, producers, agents and record labels.
- Managing the West Coast based team working across the music industry
- Building and maintaining SoundCloud’s relationships with artists, managers, producers and label partners, at varying levels of success and across genres
- Educating the creator community on SoundCloud’s differentiated business model, and best practices to drive success on the platform
- Overseeing and managing of SoundCloud’s artist and industry focused events
- Developing key insights into SoundCloud’s role within an artist’s career lifecycle
- Expanding the SoundCloud Premier program
- Scaling SoundCloud’s communication practices with the creator community
- Educating teams within SoundCloud on the needs of the creator community
- Working cross-functionally with Brand Revenue, Marketing, PR, Editorial, & Product, teams within SoundCloud
- Developing of additional opportunities for SoundCloud to make a positive impact to the creator community
- Representing SoundCloud at key industry events
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant experience within the music industry working with artists, managers, producers, and labels of all levels, across genres
- Experience managing team or department, minimum 3 years
- Possess considerable knowledge of current music, digital, and industry trends and are a SoundCloud super user
- Solid network in the artist and label community and an understanding of how to navigate relevant dealmakers and decision makers
- Digitally savvy, with a passion for new technology and an ability to think creatively about how technology can support the creator community
- Confident and personable self-starter
- Superior attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, within tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Experience building and managing a team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, across various time zones.
This role will manage a small, tight-knit team in LA and will work closely with East Coast and European based teams. This role will require some travel.
DIVERSITY AT SOUNDCLOUD
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.
If you are interested in this opportunity follow this link
Position: IN-HOUSE LABEL PUBLICIST
Employer: ATO RECORDS
Location: NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
Date Posted: Sep 7th 2018
ATO Records is looking for an ambitious national publicist to join the label’s New York-based team.
This person will develop and drive press strategy with our core team.
We’re looking for someone with extensive relationships within the music/media worlds, and who will bring their passion to our diverse roster of artists.
RESPONSABILITIES AND DUTIES
Responsibilities include implementing entire album campaigns, across national and regional press outlets.
Candidates must have experience securing TV performances, print/digital features and tour press.
They must also be able to write press releases, maintain relationships with journalists, artists, photographers and other publicists, proofread and copy-edit, prepare weekly reports and attend artist events.
In many cases, the publicist will join for the second phase of an album campaign and help develop strategy, specifically with tour press and fresh ideas.
Three years’ experience in music publicity required, working at a record label, independent PR firm and/or management company.
Excellent writing skills required, please include 2-3 writing samples with your cover letter and resume.
Must have established relationships with key media.
We are looking for a creative and resourceful self-starter who is able to multi-task.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Employer: UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP
Location: LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Closing Date: Sep 29th 2018
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
- A dynamic storyteller with excellent writing skills, digital and social media understanding and experience within PR, events and media relations to play an active role in the global communications division of the world’s leading music entertainment company.
- The role requires a well organised candidate, a self-starter who shows initiative, has good instincts, a creative mindset and the judgement to communicate thoughtfully, responsibly and effectively on behalf of the department, the company and its senior executives through different mediums, both internally and externally.
- Generate and write news stories, press releases and internal communications
- Support press campaigns for UMG artists, business units and partners
- Create media tools, content and social media campaigns to support releases
- Monitor media uptake and create press reports for executives and business units
- Editorial, story creation, global news conduit, as a member of UMG’s intranet team
- Newsfeed of global industry related stories for UMG’s daily Top Stories press service
- Draft internal communications and new executive hire announcements on behalf of the international leadership team and global Managing Directors
- Maintain media contacts and constantly expand personal network of journalists
- Update media master lists and create Gorkana database tools
- Carry out research and handle media related enquiries internally and externally
- Support creation and editing of presentations for MDs and leaders in 59 countries
- Assist with UMG hosted events, conferences and launches
- Support UMG teams with philanthropic and CSR related projects and events
- Manage executive photograph and biography database
- Monitor global MDs and leadership teams’ social media output
- Carry out UMG related research for Vivendi quarterly and annual reports
- Support the IFPI on the global music report and other publications
- Work across recorded music, music publishing, brand partnerships, merchandising, label services, classics and jazz, live, audio-visual content and all UMG related partners
- Confident communicator across all levels of seniority internally and externally
- Excellent writing skills and story-telling ability
- A broad understanding of today’s PR and communications environment
- Strong traditional PR skills and media relations expertise in the music, digital or entertainment industries
- Active media contacts
- Digital & socials strategy experience
- News obsessed – both music and wider media business
- Confidential and trustworthy, must be a team player
- Good attention to detail and highly developed organisation skills, deadline driven
- Ability to multi-task, think quickly and exercise sound judgement
- Experience with events, media and content launches and experiential activations
- Design and content creation skills
- Ambition and tenacity
- An understanding of music in 2018 and how the industry, media and fans interact
- Experience in crisis management
- Experience with complex stakeholder engagement and internal corporate communications
- An understanding of digital innovation and evolving technologies
- Enthusiasm for film and fashion industries
- Photoshop and Adobe skills
For more information on how to apply follow this link