Position: HEAD OF ARTIST & LABEL MARKETING
Location: LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Closing Date: Nov 8th 2018
At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. We’re currently in 61 markets and growing fast!
As the Head of Artist & Label Marketing (ALM) team the UK you’ll ensure that every artist, manager and label within the genre sees Spotify as the #1 partner for artist development and monetization by building and deploying impactful strategies and by upholding best in class industry relationships.
We are seeking an experienced artist marketing strategist with excellent people skills and strong label and artist management contacts who are used to working in a dynamic environment to lead our ALM efforts in the UK.
This position is based in London reporting to the Managing Director, UK. You will work with the ALM management team to develop the local content strategy as well as execute against the Global content strategy and support key aspects of company-wide objectives. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build and maintain relations with key partners at senior levels across the community across the country
- You will work on and develop new content strategies for the region
- Identify strategic artist projects to partner with
- Conceive and execute extraordinary artist marketing campaigns
- You will collaborate cross-functionally with other internal teams to fulfill company strategic goals and advocate for your market’s needs at senior level internally
- You will have a team to lead, develop and inspire
- Explain and champion the Spotify business model with partners across the artist and label community.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a consistent record in marketing, strategy and operations, and a strong music and technology background. You have significant experience of successfully developing a team
- You have an academic degree and significant management experience with an established digital music service, record label or artist management company
- You are a strong communicator with excellent negotiating and people skills
- You possess strong analytical skills and ability to analyze and interpret data, using it to set performance targets
- You are well organized, with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines and pay exceptional attention to detail
- You will bring an extensive network of music industry contacts—rights holders, managers, agents, promoters, and artists
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
Interested in this possition? Apply here.
Position: MANAGER, CONTENT OPERATIONS
Employer: SYMPHONIC DISTRIBUTION
Location: NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
Closing Date: Nov 8th 2018
Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company based in downtown Tampa.
We focus on distributing electronic, hip-hop, and urban music in general. We pride ourselves in finding the newest, most talented up-and-coming bands, producers, rappers, managers, and labels with promise of developing long careers.
Symphonic Distribution is looking for an experienced, reliable, energetic and tech-savvy individual to be its Manager, Content Operations based in New York.
A Manager, Content Operations collaborates with the Client Team, the Technology Team, and our DSP (Digital Service Provider) partners including Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Pandora and others to ensure the successful flow of content from our clients to our DSP network.
The day-to-day responsibility of this role is managing content deliveries to Symphonic’s DSP network, troubleshooting any failures, and maintaining our relationships with DSP partners. The larger objectives include growing the DSP network by onboarding new DSP partners, improving our delivery success metrics by analyzing errors, and keeping Symphonic informed of changes in the DSP landscape.
We’re looking for a highly organized, positive, and energetic individual to join our team. We will depend on you to ensure that our flow of deliveries from Symphonic to the DSP’s is done so effectively and correctly as well as ensure that our departments have all the up to date information at the DSP level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSABILITIES
- Monitor delivery pipelines to DSP partners and troubleshoot delivery errors.
- Document the ingestion process of each DSP partner.
- Collect, organize, and keep up-to-date all DSP documentation, including XSD and XML specs.
- Execute scripts or manual workflows when necessary to repair errors.
- Create, modify or run SQL queries to gather metrics or investigate errors.
- Track the quality of deliveries to key DSPs and report to management.
- Liaise with DSP partners to gather feedback on potential delivery improvements.
- Respond to client inquiries related DSP delivery issues as needed.
- Improve delivery procedures and suggest delivery system improvements wherever possible.
- Lead onboarding of new DSP partners, including running tests and reporting status.
- Act as the internal expert on our DSP network, knowing all pain points, opportunities, and major events.
- Meet regularly with the Product team to inform overall product strategy.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience performing and managing or directing content related operations.
- Must have experience managing direct reports.
- Must have experience with FTP, HTML and/or XML language.
- High School Diploma required.
If interested, please apply through this link.
Position: A&R LABEL ADMINISTRATION
Employer: FIRST ACCESS ENTERTAINMENT
Location: LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES
Closing Date: Nov 8th 2018
We are looking for a highly organised and experienced A&R admin / label administrator to provide administrative support across all aspects of the label’s major functions.
The right candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in A&R administration and will act as a liaison between our management and A&R teams.
As the genre we work in is varied, an interest and knowledge of the music we release is important.
Given the right initiative there is scope to grow within the role and take on further responsibilities.
We are looking for someone who has strong communication skills (written and verbal) and has a proven track record working in a similar position.
Monday – Friday, 10am – 6pm with additional hours as required.
KEY DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Administrating label for all independent releases including:
- Uploading release assets to distributors
- Logistical and administrative support relating to all aspects of a label’s major functions
- Obtaining AP2 licenses for physical releases and US Mechanical licenses as applicable
- Administrating filming / radio agreements + chasing, saving and logging footage
- Maintaining photo database & managing the associated rights management
- Obtaining, reviewing and filing producer deliverables, including masters, stems, session reports
- Working understanding of producer deals
- Managing label’s internal audio archive (eg. downloading and saving demos)
- Storage and filing of all label assets including videos, artwork and content
- Liaising with product managers to complete label copy and resolve publishing splits
- Compiling and soliciting approvals on label copy
- Managing mix and master deadlines
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Mac OSX. An understanding of video / audio / photo editing software a plus.
- Working at the beginning of the release process and assigning ISRC and UPC codes owned and some third-party tracks
- Obtain and distribute assets for our synch teams
- Ensuring label copy information adheres to current business standards and making amendments when necessary
- Entering label copy into database for US owned products in accordance with agreed timelines
- Entering and validating contractual digital clearances via the DRA application
- Ensuring all products released in the US are correctly registered with MCPS, the Official Charts Company, Soundexchange and PPL, working in conjuction with the UK team
- Entering performer details which do not appear on label copy, as required by PPL.
- Live performance submission claims at PRS
- Tracking recoupment positions across roster
- BMI/ASCAP/PRS Registrations for unpublished clients
- Resolving track and product queries including incorrect registrations at PRO’s
- Maintaining our repertoire database, cleaning up back catalogue data as and when required.
- Overseeing client applications to PROs as applicable.
- Working with the international delivery system to track and manage asset distribution
- Ability to manage the A&R admin and affairs on sample and side artist clearing
- Familiarity and relationships with “current” songwriters, producers, engineers (mix & master) & their managers / teams a plus
- Good relationships and contacts with key players at DSPs advantageous
- Interest in music and awareness of the music business industry and new trends
- Any other A&R admin duties as and when they arise
- 2+ years of experience in A&R or label administration
- Confident communicator
- Impeccable personal presentation and delivery
- Fluent in English. Other languages are advantageous
- Able to effectively manage requests from initiation to completion
- Able to prioritise work, meet deadlines, make decisions and communicate effectively under pressure
- Able to react and adapt quickly to new requirements and processes
- Good relationship builder
- Creative problem solver
- Strong organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong IT skills
If you are interested in this possition apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.