Position: SPECIAL PROJECTS MANAGER
Location: AUSTIN, TEXAS
Closing Date: Sep 22nd 2018
The Special Projects Manager will oversee a number of high-level strategic partnership and project management duties across the SXSW events.
RESPONSABILITIES AND DUTIES
- Consult, negotiate and execute integrated marketing partnerships with key strategic brands and media properties (in consultation with internal stakeholders).
- Work with teams internally to generate and develop new digital and content programs, partnerships, and sellable assets.
- Service clients and implement programs across SXSW Conference & Festivals (edu, Interactive, Film, Music). Make sure the event is a success for the client and for SXSW.
- Manage client partnership priorities and objectives with key external stakeholders.
- Act as account lead for a diverse group of strategic partners.
- Project Manage various initiatives and programs, including hiring and managing internal teams to fulfill.
- Ensure that all deliverables and marketing assets for Special Projects clients are fulfilled.
- BA/BS Degree and five years working experience in sales, partnerships, or digital marketing
- High level event management experience required
- Digital sales experience preferred
- Agency experience preferred
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Track record of leadership
- Current on industry news and trends
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Passion and a sense of humor
- Organized and detail oriented
- Thrives in fast paced environments
No direct reports
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
Does this sound like your opportunity? Send an email here with your CV and any other relevant information.
Position: SENIOR DIRECTOR, LABEL MANAGEMENT
Location: UK – LONDON
Closing Date: Sep 28th 2018
We’re currently working with an incredible and growing roster of emerging talent and already established labels from all over the world. We’re looking for someone to be responsible for the day to day management of our UK AWAL Label Management team, operating out of the London office. The role also works closely with our North America label management team and provides support to label managers in Europe and Australia. You’ll be looking after a small roster of the higher profile clients while also managing the label managers.
It’s a very exciting time for the company as a whole and particularly within the label management team where we’re really proud to be looking after so many of the hottest records being released right now. At AWAL we’re doing things differently and are well placed to make the most of the changing face of the industry. You role leading the growing team will be very exciting challenge.
Founded in 2004, AWAL is the trusted partner of independent artists and labels globally, from new artists at the beginning of their career to global successes. With local offices across the world, AWAL offers services such as distribution, YouTube monetization, playlist promotion, member support from industry experts, and real-time data analytics through the AWAL Portal and App. Our client roster includes both established and emerging artists such as Moby, Placebo, Chip, Gabrielle Aplin, Todd Terje, Tom Misch, R3hab and Vérité, and labels including B3SCI, Chrysalis Records, Marathon Artists, Kid Coconut, Independiente and mau5trap.
At Kobalt, we’re currently over 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
MAIN JOB FOCUS
- Leading and supporting the UK label management team to develop their client-facing skills and industry knowledge to ensure that we are providing excellent service to our evolving client base as we scale
- Close collaboration with our A&R and marketing teams on identifying and developing priority artists and releases as they upscale towards full label services and project management.
- Working closely with the LA-based SVP Client Development and the North America Label Management team to build a strong, unified global team, and developing and driving best practices for serving our client base and training new label managers.
- Provide leadership and development for the UK AWAL label managers, with particular focus on improving campaign and marketing support, setting excellent standards for artist /client communication and maintain excellent client service levels across all client types and tiers.
- Provide strong support to SVP, Operations and SVP, Client Development and the global label management team in developing, standardising and implementing best practices and consistent global processes.
- Manage a roster of priority clients – both independent artists and labels. Support these clients with distribution and release planning advice and best practices.
- Deliver ongoing training and development for team members to continually improve the skills and knowledge of the team to support client campaign and marketing needs.
- Support UK label management team with onboarding of new clients, with particular focus on growing area of label/catalogue clients
- Support incoming Label and B2B business, including servicing needs around physical distribution and catalogue management as required.
- Regular client roster audits to ensure team focus is on current priority clients.
- Provide training to new UK Label Managers as the team expands and oversee hiring of new label managers as we scale.
- Work in conjunction with A&R teams on identifying AWAL clients to upstream to label services, and help to manage that process seamlessly.
- Provide reporting to AWAL senior management as required
- Represent AWAL at artist showcases & gigs, plus relevant industry conferences and events.
- Passionate about music. With minimum 5 years music industry experience within a progressive label or distributor, in a label management or product management capacity
- Excellent working knowledge of digital music distribution, supply chain and DSP processes
- Excellent understanding of the needs of artists and labels for building and maximising their release campaigns
- Proven experience in team leadership and developing/nurturing team members
- Good understanding of physical supply chain and distribution
- Strong focus on developing processes, best practices and training tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation
- Strong strategic thinking to help drive growth and excellence in our team and global label management area
- Flexible and adaptable approach to growing a team and adapting processes as the business continues to grow and client-base evolves rapidly
- Knowledge of international industry landscape highly desirable
- Solid understanding/experience of digital music marketing and promotion would be an advantage
- The role will involve daily working with international based contacts, especially North America – some international travel will be required in the course of this role, as is flexibility for out of hours working.
If you are interested in this awesome opportunity, don’t hessistate to contact here.
Position: MEMBER SERVICES AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
Location: NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
Closing Date: Sep 4th 2018
Merlin US is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Member Services and Operations Manager to assist our North and South American based members in optimizing all aspects of their Merlin membership.
The position, based in New York City, will report to Merlin’s US General Manager and Merlin’s Director, Global Member Services, and work closely with Merlin’s Head of Member Operations and Member Services Manager (UK).
The role will involve working with existing and new members and DSPs, as well as coordinating closely with other departments within Merlin.
Merlin has experienced remarkable growth since its inception and is currently expanding its team.
This is an opportunity for someone fluent in Spanish and English (Portuguese is advantageous) with excellent people skills to work with a broad cross-section of the global independent recorded music industry, in a supportive working environment that demands technical excellence.
The successful candidate will be a motivated and proven self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to work independently and be confident in resolving queries from music labels and distributors on a global basis.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong knowledge of the digital music industry are essential and established relationships and an understanding of the independent music sector (particularly within the LATAM community) would be advantageous.
You’ll find the full job description here.
How to apply
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Deadline to submit is Tuesday, September 4th.