Try for free
Everything you need to promote and earn.
Sign up today for a completely free 14 day trial to Music Gateway.
Start your free trial
No credit card needed.
- Licence your music to Films, TV and Ads
- Manage your music and metadata
- Submit music to labels and publishers
- Create playlists to showcase to A&R reps
- Collaborate with others and pitch for work
- ...and so much more!
Download your FREE artist pack.
Get your free artist pack when you sign up to a completely free 14 day trial to Music Gateway.
Start your free trial
No credit card needed.
- 5GB+ of samples
- VST plugins
- Midi production files and templates
- Industry guides and how-tos
- Spotify curator list
- ...and so much more!
Position: BUSINESS AFFAIRS MANAGER
Location: NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
Closing Date: Aug 31, 2018
Vevo is the world’s leading all-premium music video and entertainment platform with over 25 billion monthly views globally. Vevo delivers an expertly curated experience for audiences to explore and discover music videos, exclusive original programming and live performances from the artists they love.
We are seeking a Manager, Business Affairs to join our small team of talented lawyers who are working to help grow Vevo’s business. This position will report directly to the Global Head of Licensing and will be a member of the broader Business Affairs / Business Development team.
The Business Affairs team plays a key role in the company’s evolving strategy, ensuring that Vevo enters into smart, innovative agreements. As Manager, Business Affairs, you will provide business and legal counsel in connection with the company’s ongoing development efforts and day-to-day activities.
You will also support the company’s overall strategy and work cross-functionally with our Content & Programming, Marketing, Finance, and Business Development teams. Eventually, you will manage your own deals directly with Vevo’s internal and external stakeholders. This role requires an individual who is an effective communicator and negotiator, is adaptable, and has the ability to spot issues, all while supervising a high volume of deals from inception through execution.
As a member of the Business Affairs team at Vevo, you’ll be working alongside incredibly talented individuals who will both inspire you and challenge you to think about issues such as how best to navigate the intellectual property landscape, monetize content, and balance risk to create successful long-term partnerships.
We often take time as a team to review complex legal issues and new advancements in the music and technology industries, and to think critically about various developments around us that may impact our overall strategy. We have a phenomenal unit made up of fun and accomplished individuals with diverse backgrounds, and we’re excited to have you join us!
This is a full-time position and is based at our New York City headquarters.
AS A MEMBER OF THE TEAM, YOU WILL
- Review, draft, negotiate and execute a variety of agreements, with particular focus on: (1) music publishing/PRO/collecting society agreements (2) master use/content licensing (3) distribution (via online and mobile syndication, mobile applications, IPTV and other IP-connected devices and platforms (4) original programming and production, (5) live events, (6) ad sales and strategic marketing, (7) software and technology
- Assist the Global Head of Licensing with all matters related to the licensing of music publishing rights and master use/video
- Assist in the enforcement and protection of Vevo’s intellectual property rights, including the management of the takedown claim process for videos distributed on the Vevo platform
- Assist in the management of litigation/claims in conjunction with outside counsel
- Develop and maintain standard form agreements
- Direct and work closely with outside counsel
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team to ensure business needs are met
THIS DESCRIBES YOU
- You share our passion for music and digital media and have a genuine curiosity for emerging digital technology.
- You have a track record of questioning the status quo to achieve positive results.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and an ever-changing landscape and thrive in high pressure situations
- You can see the ‘big picture’ and translate high-level strategy to day-to-day implementation
- You have ideally 2-4 years’ experience at a top tier law firm or entertainment, media and/or technology company in music licensing, including hands-on experience negotiating label, publisher, and PRO deals in the digital space.
- You understand international copyright law, and is up to date on the various licensing structures and processes that are customary in those territories in which Vevo does business.
- 2-4 years’ experience in contract law, intellectual property, media, technology and/or entertainment
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, creative environment.
- Willing to work extended hours, as needed
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- BA/BS and JD from top-tier programs
INTERESTED? GREAT! YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW
- We’re a fun, energetic, and tight knit team.
- We really enjoy music and technology.
- We have excellent compensation and benefits packages.
- We have in-office and external happy hours.
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content.
- We love to give away concert tickets to live music – not to mention live Vevo-produced musical performances.
- We offer a 401k match.
- We have a fully stocked kitchen.
- We are in an upscale New York city office with stunning views of Times Square.
Employer: CONCORD MUSIC
Position: SVP MARKETING
Location: UK – LONDON
Closing Date: Aug 31, 2018
To conceptualize and lead label’s marketing efforts in order to achieve optimal aggregate results for the company’s recordings and related assets.
- Develop and oversee all marketing strategies and initiatives for the labels’ artists and their new releases
- Lead and motivate the label team as well as all shared services and partners to ensure successful execution around all new release projects
- Interact with all artists, managers and agents
- Seek out strategic partnerships for our artists and label brands
- Ensure financial goals for the division are obtained
- Contribute to A&R strategy and the label’s roster and artist development
OVERALL DIVISION DIRECTION
- Work in conjunction with the President in setting all parameters for the growth of the division
- Oversee and manage staff in LA, Cleveland and New York
- Travel to all locations on a regular basis to insure continuity
- Interact with entire staff at Concord Music and communicate effectively
- Seek new opportunities and methods to effectively market and sell our product
- Work with the President on overall financial planning and facilitate the process to meet our projected goals
- Assist in the development of our creative/A&R profile and direction
- Work with VP of Marketing and Project Managers to develop marketing strategies and campaigns for every artist
- Communicate with staff in LA, Cleveland and New York, as well as artist management, to clearly articulate our goals and expectations for each campaign
- Work with all departments for input regarding artists: sales, streaming, art, publicity, marketing, radio, licensing, new media and international
- Develop, maintain and review all budgets as they relate to each campaign
- Look for creative opportunities to gain exposure for our artists outside the “normal” marketing sphere and work with the various departments
- Work with all departments to create new initiatives for the company to effectively maximize consumption of our music
- Maintain excellent and productive communication and relationships with artists and their representatives (managers, agents, etc.)
- Contribute to evaluation of each potential new artist with the President, A&R representatives and various departments within the Company
- Find artists through contacts/relationships
- Coordinate all information and discuss with the President to determine which artists fit within our overall direction
- Meet with specific artists and/or their representatives to discuss creative ideas and how we can best support them
- Attend studio sessions (i.e.; recording, mixing, mastering) as needed
- Work with specific managers/agents on all facets of the marketing campaigns for their artist
- Work with the President to coordinate and implement all financial aspects of the division
- Attend meetings and interface with the various departments (i.e.; P&L, Budget meetings)
- Create and implement all budgets in conjunction with the various Department Heads in the Company (i.e.; Sales, Marketing, Streaming, New Media, Promotion, Publicity, International, Finance, etc.)
- Analyze and help create all budgets for the Division and its labels
- Analyze all marketing budgets and ensure that we remain on target with our expenditures as we roll out each campaign
- Provide guidance and leadership to all of the staff members in our division
- Work with all employees at our LA, Cleveland and New York locations to insure a smooth line of communication and the integration with Concord Music
- Provide a conduit between all departments in Concord Music
- Provide information and feedback when requested to the corporate officers of Concord Music
GENERAL & OTHER
- Work cooperatively with other departments within Concord Music to assist and implement the goals established for the overall growth of the compan
- Create or maintain relationships with outside vendors as it relates to specific project
- Attend industry/artist functions as a representative of the company
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the music industry
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of music marketing
- Ability to effectively lead diverse groups of people
- Complete understanding of all aspects of the music business
- Deep appreciation for music
- Experience in artist development
- Extensive travel
- The ability to work, communicate and interface with others
- The ability and willingness to listen
- Problem-solving abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
The position location is Beverly Hills CA.
Resumes should go to: email@example.com
Position: PERSONAL ASSISTANT (PA) – MUSIC
Employer: HANDLE RECRUITMENT
Category: PERSONAL ASSISTANT
Location: UK – LONDON
Salary: £25k – £30k DOE
Date Posted: Jul 10th 2018
Handle Recruitment is working with a successful UK Music Artist to source a PA to help with their day- to- day personal duties as well as having the opportunity to assist across a number of personal and business projects.
Reporting to the Artist and other senior members of their Management team
KEY DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
- Assisting with all personal duties including; house errands, office/ studio errands, general artist errands.
- Supporting the day to day manager with domestic and international diary management for the Artist
- Putting together weekly update documents ahead of the following week for the following teams; booking agent, tour team, digital team, PR team
- Assisting Day to Day Manager and Tour Manager with collating information for Day Sheets
- Personal bookings; doctors, dentist, restaurants, massages, haircuts and holidays
- Putting together itineraries and inventories
- Booking travel for Artist/ Artist Party where necessary
- Assist with guestlists, personal gifting and family related duties
- Assisting with styling team when Artist is being fitted for events
- Keeping track of all letters/Fan Mail/ gifting and charity requests
- Getting documents signed/ read ahead of meetings and meeting deadlines
- Overseeing personal asset management as and when required
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- A very discreet and trustworthy nature
- Significant experience in a comparative demanding role/ environment
- Direct experience of supporting a high profile Artist in a PA capacity
- Good knowledge of Mac, Dropbox and Excel
- Knowledge and experience of Publishing & PRS / PPL
- A full UK driving license would be beneficial
Immediate interview for successful candidates, please email a CV and short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org