Reporting to the Chief Client Officer and based in MEDELLIN, Colombia, the Director, Client Relations – Medellin will scout and onboard potential Symphonic artist and labels based in Medellin and throughout Colombia.
You’re deeply knowledgeable and ingrained into specific genre communities with established relationships with managers, artists, and labels. You’ve worked as a promoter, label, distributor, publisher, or management company.
WE WILL TRUST YOU TO
- Identify and initiate conversations about Symphonic’s services and value proposition with managers, artists, labels, and lawyers.
- Work directly with Symphonic’s CCO to sign and onboard that potential client.
- Maintain a pipeline of potential targets and diligently work to reel in potential clients
- Use forecasting tools to determine the financial potential of artists/labels
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE
- 2+ years working in a key client relationship role at a record label, distributor, venue, management company, or publisher, or agency.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage the flow of business
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with experience pitching artists, labels, or managers
- Deep knowledge of specific music scenes and relationships with its key operators.
ABOUT SYMPHONIC DISTRIBUTION
Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company founded by music producer Jorge Brea in 2006.
Headquartered in Tampa, FL with offices in major music markets throughout the world, Symphonic provides thousands of new and established record labels, managers and individual artists with global digital music distribution to hundreds of retail and streaming platforms, playlist pitching, release promotion, and a comprehensive suite of label services.
Symphonic enables content creators to fully maximize their music’s revenue and grow their global audience.
If you are interested in this position, find out how to apply here.
Position: HEAD OF SOCIETY RELATIONS
Location: AMSTERDAM, PARIS, LONDON, NEW YORK
Closing Date: Nov 30th 2018
Founded in 2011, Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business. Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Nominees – retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services.
Our catalogue consists of over 1,000,000 songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
Songtrust is the world’s largest global royalty collection service and publishing administrator, enabling over 150,000 songwriters and over 20,000 publishers to collect their publishing royalties worldwide for over 1,000,000 copyrights.
Our industry-leading online solutions help songwriters, artists, managers, labels, and publishers simplify music rights management including the administration of music publishing assets, performing rights, and digital licensing.
The Head of Society Relations is the member of staff responsible for defining and leading Songtrust’s collaboration with rights management organizations around the world.
This person will manage senior/executive relationships with affiliated CMOs and plan for the continued expansion into territories where direct affiliation supports our objectives.
The Head of Society Relations will help ensure Songtrust is the most efficient and popular royalty collection company in the world.
New York City, London, Paris or Amsterdam
- Manage executive relationships with global rights societies with whom Songtrust has direct affiliation; cultivate deep, strategic partnerships with each
- Work with internal staff to research and prioritize new society partnerships that can enhance our offering to clients and lead Songtrust’s expansion into those territories
- Hone Songtrust messaging to capture buy-in and support for Songtrust’s global ambition to be the default music publisher of choice
- Build support for eventual entry onto the boards of CMOs
- Partner closely with leadership across the Songtrust organization to enable execution against goals. Key functional relationships include: Executive team, Growth, Publishing Operations, and Income Tracking
- Lead, motivate and inspire multiple high-performance, matrixed teams to execute on our strategic prioritiesAdvise executive leadership on the evolving landscape of global royalty collection
- Attend annual conferences (e.g. CISAC’s Society Publisher Forum) to meet with and know current and potential partners in various territories
- Work with our global Songtrust offices on issues related to direct society affiliates
- Participate in publishing operations to identify and progress Songtrust interests in CISAC and other international policy matters
- 10+ years of working at a publisher with global operations, at a performing rights society / collective management organization, or other relevant experience
- 7+ years of working at or with global rights societies on strategic and operational issues
- Broad contacts with key personnel at major societies, deep relationships with many of them
- Hands on knowledge of how music royalties are collected and distributed globally
- Appreciation for technology and the opportunity it presents to improve global royalty collection
- Proficiency in 2 or more languages a strong plus
This role requires international travel of at least 30% of the time
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefits program, life Insurance, 401k with up to 5% matching for US Employees
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership for NYC-based employees
- Paid Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Songtrust’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.