This article review will provide an in-depth look at the Soothe Plugins, a popular set of audio plugins designed to help music producers and sound engineers achieve a professional sound.
We will discuss the features and benefits of the plugins, as well as their ease of use and compatibility with various digital audio workstations. We will also assess the customer reviews of the plugins and provide a summary of our findings.
Who is Oeksound?
The work of a mixing or mastering engineer requires precision and attention to detail. Every stem, bar, beat, and piece lyric must contribute to the overall sound of the song without any doubt. Unfortunately, sonic instabilities can often disrupt the creative process. To help address this issue, Oeksound was founded in 2016 by Olli Keskinen with the goal of improving relationships between engineers and their mixes. After years of research on signal processing techniques, Soothe – oeksound’s first plug-in – was created. It set a precedent for future plug-ins like Soothe2 and Spiff that are designed to make mixing more efficient and effective.
Soothe2 is a dynamic resonance suppressor plugin from Oeksound, designed to reduce harshness, resonance, and other unwanted frequencies in a sound. It uses a unique algorithm to identify and reduce resonance in vocal and instrument recordings, allowing for a more balanced and natural sound.
It also features a range of controls to shape the sound, including a mix knob to blend the processed and unprocessed signal, a frequency range selector, and a resonance control. Soothe2 is designed to be fast and easy to use, with an intuitive user interface and low CPU usage.
Is Soothe2 good for beginners?
Yes, the plugin is a great choice for beginners. It has a simple and intuitive interface, and it is easy to use. It also has a variety of features that make it a great tool for anyone looking to improve their audio production skills.
What are the benefits?
- Eliminates unwanted resonances quickly and efficiently: Soothe2 is designed to quickly and efficiently reduce unwanted resonances in a track, allowing you to focus on the music instead of worrying about masking and filtering.
- Provides a transparent sound: Soothe2 is designed to be transparent, allowing you to make subtle adjustments to your sound without drastically changing the character of the track.
- Enhances the dynamics of a track: Soothe2 can help to enhance the dynamics of a track, allowing for more expression and clarity.
- Easy to use: Soothe2 is designed to be easy to use, with a minimal learning curve. You can quickly and easily adjust the settings to find the sound you’re looking for.
- Compatible with a variety of DAWs: Soothe2 is compatible with a variety of DAWs, allowing you to use it in your preferred production environment.
The Spiff plugin from Oeksound is a dynamic equalizer that helps to reduce harshness and create clarity in your audio. It uses a unique approach to dynamic equalization that is based on spectral shaping and transient control. It can be used to tame harshness, reduce sibilance, and add clarity to vocals, drums, guitars, and more.
It also features a unique “Sculpt” mode, which allows you to shape the sound of your audio in a more creative way. Spiff is available as an AAX, AU, and VST plugin for Mac and Windows.
What are the benefits?
- Increased Control: Spiff by Oeksound allows users to have more control over their sound. With its intuitive interface and advanced features, users can easily shape and sculpt their sound to their exact specifications.
- Improved Dynamics: Spiff by Oeksound offers an array of dynamic controls, such as compression, limiting, and expansion, which can help to improve the overall dynamics of a track.
- Increased Clarity: Spiff by Oeksound helps to increase the clarity of a track by allowing users to adjust the transients and frequency response of their audio. This can help to make a track sound more professional and polished.
- Enhanced Mixing: Spiff by Oeksound provides a range of tools to help users mix their tracks with greater clarity and precision. This can help to make a track sound more balanced and polished.
- Cost Effective: Spiff by Oeksound is one of the most cost-effective plugins on the market. This makes it an excellent choice for those who are looking to get the most value for their money.
Is Spiff good for professionals?
Yes, Spiff is a professional-grade tool that is designed to help producers and engineers achieve the best possible sound for their projects. It is highly regarded in the music production community and is used by many professionals.
“Spiff is really one of a kind. It takes a completely new approach to transient design and I immediately found great uses. I’m actually going to remix a percussion project I’m doing so I can add Spiff. It’s that good.”
“Soothe2 is always in my vocal chain. I also love it on guitars, strings, and the mix bus. I used to spend hours automating EQs to do what Soothe2 does in seconds. It’s definitely one of my desert island plugins!”
“Oeksound is fulfilling a niche in a way no one is doing it right now. Soothe and Spiff are instantly a part of my everyday chain for both mixing and mastering.”
Soothe2 is available for £175 and Spiff is available for £129. Oeksound also offers a 20-day free trial where you can test out the plugins before you purchase.
Overall, users are highly satisfied with the plugins and recommend them to anyone looking to improve the sound of their recordings.