Andrea Madden is an experienced music supervisor who has worked on a variety of television shows, films, and commercials. Her credits include The Inbetweeners, Skins, and the feature film Anuvahood. She has also worked on music videos for artists such as The Prodigy, Lily Allen, and The Streets.
Who is a Music Supervisor?
Like Andrea Madden, a music supervisor is a professional who works in the music industry to oversee the use of music in a variety of media, including film, television, video games, and advertising. They are responsible for selecting the appropriate music for a project, negotiating licensing agreements, and managing the budgets associated with music. They also work with composers and songwriters to create custom music for a project. Music supervisors like Andrea Madden, are essential to the success of any project that involves music.
Pros And Cons About Being A music Supervisor
– Opportunity to work with a variety of artists and music genres
– Like Andrea Madden, You need a creative outlet to create the perfect soundtrack for a project
– Ability to work with a wide range of professionals in the music industry
– Flexible work schedule
– Rewarding experience to be part of a creative project
– Long hours and tight deadlines
– Stressful environment due to the pressure to find the right music
– Constant need to stay up to date with the latest music trends
– Difficult to balance creative and commercial demands
– Financial constraints due to budget limitations
Who is Andrea Madden?
Andrea Madden is a judge on the panel of NextGen and is the music supervisor for Bafta Award-Winning TV Show Made in Chelsea.
The show is renowned for its music (The Guardian once claimed it has “the best soundtrack on TV”), and Andrea Madden and her team recently picked up the Most Shazamed TV Show Award and an Individual Sync track placement Award at Music Week’s Sync Awards 2014.
Made In Chelsea’s syncs have previously included: Bombay Bicycle Club – Luna, HAIM – Falling Wolf Alice – She. There’s a full list of the music featured on the show on the E4 website if you’re interested in knowing more about the services Andrea Madden has worked on.
“I am delighted to be involved in this contest. It’s so important to encourage and nurture new talent. Who knows – we could find the new Adele or Stormzy. I wish all those who enter the best of luck but more importantly to have fun and enjoy the song writing experience!”
– Andrea Madden