Position: A&R DIRECTOR
Employer: MAISON ARTS PUBLISHING
Location: LOS ANGELES, US
Closing Date: AUGUST 31ST 2021
As an A&R Director, you will be responsible for guiding the creative direction of Maison Arts Publishing and raising its profile.
You will find, sign, and promote songwriters, producers, as well as artists in popular genres such as pop, indie, hip hop, R&B and alternative. You will build relationships with writers, producers, artists, labels, A&Rs and managers and be able to secure co-writes, collaborations and other uses of Maison Arts’s compositions.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Find and sign songwriters or producers with exceptional talent and strong commercial potential.
- Establish relationships and familiarity with existing talent as well as the existing catalogue.
- Maintain frequent contact with signed talent and be a resource and liaison to them for meeting their needs as songwriters.
- Ideate and creatively pitch the works and talents of signed writers and artists to labels, producers, and other parties to secure song placements.
- Work with Maison Arts synch licensing team to ensure that published songs receive placement in Film,TV, Commercials and Video Games.
- Work with Maison Arts’s publishing admin partners (Kobalt) to ensure that all information about our works are correctly catalogued for tracking, collection and retrieval.
- As requested, attend company meetings
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Music publishing and A&R experience required.
- Understanding the A&R and recording process.
- Demonstrable passion and experience in working with music producers, songwriters, and artists to bring songwriters to the “next level.”
- Strong relationships within the music industry that can be leveraged.
- Strong people skills are essential. The individual must be able and willing to work with other teams to collect, analyze, and disseminate pertinent findings.
- You will need to have organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A track record of relevant credits in popular songs as an A&R manager or manager for writers and artists.
- You must have a in-depth knowledge of different music genres and be able to identify the most commercially viable.
- Candidate must be positive and optimistic, enthusiastic, spirited, cooperative, reliable, self motivated, and have a friendly disposition.
- Flexibility in working hours – You must be available to travel, attend recording sessions and evening showcases as needed.
- Healthcare + Dental
- Stock Options (For the right candidate)