Endemol Shine North America is looking for a Vice President, Music to head the Music Department and staff servicing productions across various business units within the company.
Under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for independent judgment and decision, an ideal candidate is familiar with the creative process and needs for music in visual media but also equally experienced and adept with Business Development and operations including monetizing music assets and generating revenue streams both domestically and internationally.
Position is based in LA and reports to the Executive Vice President, Production.
- Oversight of all music strategy and music supervision across various markets and companies with duties including:
- Leading and motivating a small team including a Music Supervisor and Music Coordinator, in addition to freelance production music staff
- Creative development and music budgeting across scripted, unscripted, and digital content
- Some direct Music Supervision on music-centered productions along with oversight and guidance for in-house and freelance Music Supervisors
- Production and Post-Production logistics (e.g. legal strategy, sourcing talent, on-camera performances, pre-records, unions, clearance & licensing, label/publisher partnerships)
- Staffing (e.g. composers, music directors, music producers/engineers, music supervisors, music clearance services, music editors, cue sheet services, and backline services)
- Music publishing administration and business development for in-house music (e.g. strategize music library development and monetization, organization and metadata, branding, royalty administration, joint ventures, and other revenue opportunities)
- Oversight and administration of all legal matters including drafting clearance and license request templates, freelance music licensing services, and liaising with Business and Legal affairs for contract drafting including composer and service agreements
- Work with UK-based Global Director, Music and team on worldwide music strategy and monetization for Endemol Shine Group production companies and partners (e.g. providing music services to international productions including music library resources, original composition, and strategies to maximize royalty income)
- Work with UK-based Royalty Executive for incoming royalty analysis and reporting to COO and CFO
- Department P&L tracking and forecasting with reporting to finance team
- Work with UK Music Team on retransmission rights and collection
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree; law degree a plus
- 5-10 years minimum music experience within a production company, studio, or network with a focus on unscripted content preferred
- Experience working on music performance series preferred
- Experience with music clearance/licensing, music publishing, royalties, and monetizing assets preferred
- Personable, flexible, and able to work well with staff at all levels and departments including broadcasters and freelance production/post staff
- Must be a motivated self-starter with an ability and comfort to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Exceptional ability to multi-task and prioritize simultaneous projects while maintaining a consistent attention to detail
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus