Position: HEAD OF GLOBAL HITS
Location: LOS ANGELES/ NEW YORK, US
Closing Date: FEBRUARY 6TH 2022
The Head of Global Hits will report directly to the Global Head of Editorial and manage 2 direct reports.
We are looking for an upbeat and creative editorial lead who can spearhead impactful and original curation that drives discovery and loyalty. You will be knowledgeable on the latest technologies and entertainment marketing strategies, and have a strong understanding of the current competitive landscape and how to stand out from the crowd. A deep understanding of what drives popular culture and entertainment is vital to give your curation an edge over the competition. You will have impeccable creative taste across many genres, and an instinct for how to spot captivating music stories before they become full blown trends that people talk about.
You will be at ease working and creating independently, as well as comfortable working as part of a larger team to develop curation designed to stand apart from competitors. You will be adept at working strategically, yet able to roll up your sleeves to get hands-on with day-to-day operational work as required. You will be capable of seeing and grasping opportunities as they arise, and communicating and championing them across internal cross-functional teams as well as to external partners. You will continuously provide and receive constructive, actionable feedback to and from colleagues in order to continually improve and iterate on processes and results. You will need to be well versed to defend your positions against external pressure and influence.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide expert curation and guidance for a roster of Hit Flagship playlists & associated brands in the pop space, and facilitate the coordination of support for hit songs
- Grow the strength and listenership of global flagship brands for Spotify
- Be an ambassador of Spotify in the creative/label community and stay atop and ahead of musical and cultural trends
- Build key internal relationships with editorial leads across the world to understand each market’s playlist ecosystem and trending local tracks with global potential. The ability to inspire, collaborate and build trust and rapport with editorial colleagues and other partners within Spotify is vital.
- Bridge global music trends to highlight emerging artists and sounds from around the world.
- Monitor new entries into the Spotify ecosystem pre-release and identify the best candidates for global new music support based on collective editorial intent to program.
- Drive RADAR Artist Development strategies and global selection at Spotify as part of a dedicated team
- Create alignment, transparency, and closer partnerships between editorial squads and the rest of Spotify by building better systems of communication and consistent workflows.
- Lead the Global Pop Curation Group Program, and work with editors around the world to facilitate an ecosystem for new songs to
- Lead a team
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a minimum of 8+ years experience working in the music industry preferably in a content or artist development role, ideally with a global/international remit.
- Deep knowledge and experience of working across key musical genres.
- You are technically savvy with a deep understanding of what drives culture and consumer content consumption in a digital environment.
- Ideally you will have experience managing others and leading a team.
- You are experienced and comfortable working cross functionally and communicating clearly with multiple collaborators.