SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the world’s most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalogue of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
SoundCloud is looking for an experienced, market-savvy leader to help shape the future of SoundCloud’s Fan strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for the monetization of premium fan experiences across the SoundCloud platform. You will identify and execute opportunities that drive core fan business metrics by understanding and advocating for what music fans need from the platform. You will leverage expertise and data to influence creation, prioritization, and execution of initiatives across both ad-supported and subscription tiers. This is a collaborative role that requires working with stakeholders across Product, Marketing, Sales, Content, and Finance across the New York and Berlin SoundCloud offices.
- Own the business strategy and P&L for SoundCloud’s Fan subscription business
- Put the music fan first as you advocate for feature development and quality fan experiences that emphasize continuous testing, experimentation and learning
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on the vision and execution of SoundCloud’s unique value proposition for
- Fans to increase ARPU across both free and subscription segments
- Synthesize market research, usability studies, behavioral data, and product data/insights into prioritized solutions that enhance fan affinity, create sustainable competitive advantages, and drive business value
- Analyze and propose global expansion areas of focus to drive SoundCloud’s overall revenue growth
- Own business case creation and evaluation for future expansion efforts, analyzing the impact of key initiatives, monitoring the overall health of the business, and developing reporting standards in conjunction with the Business Research team.
- Lead a cross-functional team through the ideation, development and launch of innovative and useful subscription management features that help drive discovery, conversion, engagement, and retention
- Leverage deep understanding of audio streaming economics and broader marketplace in media and entertainment to inform strategic opportunities
- Stay on top of cutting edge companies within the audio space to contribute to SoundCloud’s partnership strategy
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Passionate about the SoundCloud audience and the quality of their experience with our products and services
- Understand the complexity of the music business and how that influences what fans ultimately want access to.
- Excellent business judgment; ability to manage and make timely decisions in complex situations for the greater good of SoundCloud with clarity and confidence
- Compelling story-telling capabilities at both strategic and tactical levels to advocate for business growth opportunities based on quantitative and qualitative research
- Market driven: understand fan needs at the global and regional level and insatiable curiosity to learn more
- Strong analytical skills and facile with financial analysis metrics (revenue, margin, ROI, etc.)
- Ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions, and at all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic – accountability, execution, 360 communication for stakeholders
- Experience with a subscription business required
- Adaptable – able to move at a fast pace in a quickly changing environment
- 5+ years in a strategic / analytical role (management consulting, corporate strategy, etc.)
Sounds like you? Then we would love to hear from you! Please include your CV and a one-page cover letter.
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
Robust 401k program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- 16 paid weeks for all parents (birthing and non-birthing), regardless of gender, to welcome newborns, adopted and foster children
- Various snacks, goodies, and 2 free lunches weekly when at the office
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION AT SOUNDCLOUD
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization. With this foundation, we aim to build a social platform and global community for everyone to create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry and strive to develop an inclusive culture where individual contributions are valued. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group (groups focused on people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, and women). You may also participate in inclusive workshops, contribute to our Cultural Moments series, select organizations for the SoundCloud Community Fund to support, and more!