Position: MARKETING STRATEGY MANAGER – CATALOGUE
Location: US/ UK/ EU
Closing Date: MARCH 2ND 2022
FUGA’s Marketing Services (MS) Team has been built to add value and solve problems for our vast number of clients by helping them connect their artists with audiences and create revenues and growth. Sitting within the wider MS team, the Marketing Strategy team is primarily client facing and responsible for helping to set and implement bespoke strategies on campaigns for a roster of clients. This includes identifying current, future, and aspirational demographic targets, building concise road maps to achieve the stated goals, working with the Audience Engagement and Digital Accounts teams to build key assets that help drive the artists vision & brand, all while managing resources responsibly and insuring that all departments have the tools and information they need to keep the company moving in the same direction with one voice on all projects.
As this role has a primary focus on Catalogue Marketing we’re looking for a candidate with strong passion and knowledge of this space, with prior experience in marketing or promotions across this segment of the music industry.
You will be a key and trusted point of contact for a portfolio of FUGA’s clients (primarily record labels and management companies). You will work closely and collaboratively with your Marketing Services colleagues in other FUGA offices to coordinate multi-territory campaigns, and steer our collective work towards client-specific goals. You will also be able to leverage your knowledge and expertise across Catalogue Marketing, plus your associated network of industry contacts to add value to our clients and contribute towards campaign execution.
- Be a primary day-to-day Marketing point of contact for selected FUGA clients in terms of Catalogue Marketing, proactively maintaining and developing relationships across multiple key territories.
- Develop an ongoing understanding of clients’ business, campaign and operational objectives, both on a region-specific and global level. Drive internal communications and collaboration to work towards these goals.
- Work with FUGA’s Worldwide teams to coordinate global marketing campaigns for label and artist catalogue projects, including managing campaign logistics, timelines and assets.
- Work XFN with FUGA’s Catalogue Development Manager, Physical Distribution Manager, and Sync team to determine the optimal product mix for each campaign and to maximise catalogue exploitation across DSPs and in the Sync/Brand Partnerships space.
- Collate key results and evaluative feedback for all campaigns and work with other departments to present key findings to clients during client business reviews.
- Work with FUGA’s data analysis team to provide proactive insight on catalogue-specific marketing and audience growth opportunities, advising both clients and internal colleagues on campaign strategy and best practices.
- Work collaboratively to create strategies for growth of FUGA’s market share and client base across the Catalogue Marketing space including being involved with pitching to potential clients.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key players in the Catalogue Marketing area, including DSP’s, Media, Promoters, Agents and the like.
- Be a contributing member of FUGA’s community, leveraging and growing your industry network, and representing us at industry events as required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working within a label, artist management or music distribution company, with a proven track record of leading, developing and executing successful catalogue marketing campaigns across a range of artists and genres, working directly with talent or estates and their representatives.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music and music culture in general.
- Excellent client service and relationship-building capability – always with a professional and confident demeanour.
- A strong understanding of digital marketing strategies, and experience in coordinating with streaming and audience engagement platforms, labels, managers and artists on campaigns.
- A solid network of industry-specific connections, including key contacts at digital music services.
- Broad knowledge of the digital landscape and consumer trends.
- Experience with working across different time zones, and communicating across multiple organisational levels.
- Ability to work creatively and collaboratively.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that illustrate organisation and attention to detail.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2006, FUGA builds software and provides services for the digital music industry. We have an extensive and growing international network of clients and partners in more than 50 countries. We operate at the heart of the music. FUGA connects distributors and record labels with digital service providers like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Deezer and more. By doing so, FUGA enables its clients to optimise their business processes and successfully execute their release strategy. FUGA’s products & services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital product cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music – and collect on their revenue.
- A growing company with strong ambitions.
- This role is part of a growing and resourceful international team, split between our HQ in Amsterdam, with offices in London, New York, Rome, Milan and representatives in Tokyo, Los Angeles, Seoul, Berlin, Paris, Rio and Sao Paulo.
- An international business environment, made up of colleagues and clients around the world with diverse backgrounds in music and tech.