As a member of the Vistex EMEA Sales team, the Account Manager (Music) will be responsible for driving sales revenue for its flagship music products. With over 400 music publishing and record label clients Vistex rights and royalties software is the market leader. You will be responsible for adding clients to a roster that includes: BMG Rights Management, Music Sales, Domino Records, Warp Records, Concord Music, Round Hill Music, Spirit Music Group, Mute and PIAS to name but a few.YOU WILL BE SELLING
- Vistex new cloud solution for Record Labels/Distributors and Music Publishers. Harnessing the rich functionality of our desktop applications with the processing power and flexibility of the cloud. Vistex are investing heavily to develop software to meet the challenges now faced by the music industry. From simplifying data management, alleviating transaction processing to facilitating transparency requirements.
- Target markets include: record labels, record distributors, music publishers
Taking direction from Head of Sales (Rights & Royalties – EMEA), this key individual will be required to build a pipeline and close deals to generate sales and services revenue for all of EMEA territories.
The successful candidate will consistently attain or exceed sales targets; and, work with the team to develop and refine sales activities to help achieve sales goals.RESPONSABILITIES
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Vistex software and service offerings within the music industry to ensure the ability to close business as independently as possible.
- Identify and qualify potential sales opportunities, through initial target identification, marketing campaign follow up, referrals, networking and relationship building.
- Manage and further build a pipeline of existing and new sales opportunities with prospects or existing clients to ensure that sales goals are achieved. This includes qualification of opportunities within the pipeline, prioritization of activity, and management of time and commitments to ensure priority opportunities progress through the sales cycle.
- Drive the sales process through phone, online and face to face meetings. Close sales in order to attain revenue goals – this includes preparation of proposals/quotes, performing or coordinating phone, web-based and in-person demonstrations of software when necessary, collaborating with a pre-sales engineer when required, and closing each sale as quickly, efficiently and independently as possible by applying solution selling techniques and properly managing the sales cycle.
- Develop a strong understanding of each prospect’s business initiatives, internal processes and industry trends; conduct periodic client business reviews.
- Work with sales management to research and prioritize new business opportunities
- Attend industry events and trade shows as required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a client or sales facing role within a music and/or technology company
- Good existing contact network
- Sales experience in B2B technology and music
- Relationship based sales expertise
- Highly skilled, with demonstrated success in prospecting, driving and closing sales
- Ability to sell products and solutions in complex business and technical environments
- Advanced skills in generating pipeline of qualified business and forecasting sales success; maintaining up-to-date records in CRM – Salesforce preferred
- Technically minded and aware of music industry standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and hands-on
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required (est. 10-25% travel)
- BA degree or equivalent
- Software Solution sales experience
- Experience working successfully in small-to-mid sized organizations
WHAT WE OFFER
- Extensive training in Vistex products and solutions
- Support from Pre-Sales, Marketing, Client Services and Management as required
- A great place to work
- Competitive base salary + commission + benefits
- A growing, dedicated team of high-performing people, passionate about technology and delivering outstanding solutions, service and support to our music and media clients
- UK and international as required. Must have current passport.
Headquartered in Hoffman Estates (outside Chicago) and employing over 1,500 members of staff, with numerous offices around the world including London, Germany, Brazil and India, Vistex is the world leader in software solutions for rights management, royalty accounting and product licensing for the media & entertainment, music and consumer products and brand licensing industries.
HOW TO APPLY
- Email your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please write “Account Manager, Music Industries” in the subject line of your email