ATO Records is looking for Head of Sales.
The candidate must love music, thrive in indie label culture, and have great instincts and follow-through at driving sales initiatives.
The candidate must also be a passionate sales-person possessing deep knowledge of current physical retail landscape in addition to the ever-changing digital-streaming environment.
This candidate will have an established network with proven and excellent direct relationships with all retail accounts (national, regional, indie, etc). This position will be crucial to steering the label into the future as it pertains to sales.
This person works closely with the GM and will have a vision for growing and increasing the labels sales. The candidate is a macro big picture thinker with great ideas and creativity and can handle diving into the details , and multi-tasking.
Candidates will have minimum 5-7 years label or distribution experience. It’s essential that the candidate has held previous Head of Sales or senior level sales positions at labels or distributors.
POSITION DUTIES/ROLES WILL INCLUDE
- Oversee and drive physical and digital sales, working closely with ATOs distributors and directly with retail accounts/buyers.
- Ability to communicate and effectively pitch label priorities to distribution and retail accounts including DSPs.
- Develop and implement robust and exciting new release plans.
- Ability to plan release schedule with internal teams.
- Ability to work w GM and Head of Finance to project sales figures.
- Development and implementation of sales / marketing campaigns across different levels of artists and phases in the campaigns.
- Work w GM and core marketing teams to develop exciting new release plans.
- Work with GM to develop robust catalog initiatives, discount programs.
- Develop Coop retail plans and manage retail budgets.
- Maintain and possess proven relationships w Amazon, Indie accounts, AEC, Spotify and Apple, Record Clubs (Vinyl Me Please) and Non-Trad accounts or Urban Outfitters.
- Must possess excellent direct relationships with entire account base – national accounts, indies, one stops, DSPs, non-traditional accounts.
- Work with core ATO team on DTC and direct sales initiatives.
- Run regular sales analysis and inventory reports for GM, Head of Finance, and production.
- Posses knowledge of Foreign sales / liaising with international distributors/ partners.
- Thrive in small team / indie label culture , roll sleeves up, wear many hats.
- Foster and nurture relationships and develop initiatives with indie accounts.
- Handle Inventory management and liaise closely with production.
- Advise on wholesale and retail pricing.
- Advise on production / manufacturing business
- Understanding of Vinyl-production process.
- Create one sheets / sales solicitation sheets.
- Ability to successfully work in B2B / distributor portals.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a busy, high pressure environment.