ABOUT BROADWICK LIVE
Broadwick Venues was born out of multi-award winning festival company Broadwick Live, acclaimed for events such as Snowbombing, Field Day, Hideout and Lost Village.
Sharing the same values as the festival division, Broadwick Venues is relentlessly committed to excellence of experience and creativity in all it does. Printworks London is its first multi-purpose cultural space (opened in 2017), showcasing world-class electronic and live music programming against a stunning industrial backdrop with pioneering production. Its for these reasons that Printworks has already been recognised as the UK's best venue by Mixmag, London's best club by Time Out readers, and the 14th best club in the world by DJ Mag.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Printworks London (formerly Harmsworth Quays) was established in the docklands in 1989, and for 24 years The Evening Standard, The Daily Mail and Metro newspapers rolled off its presses. The unique site has now embraced a new lease of life, in which the former factory’s warehouses and magnificent Press Halls have been revived as ground-breaking, multi-purpose event spaces.
There is now a very exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious individual to join Broadwick Live's venue team as Production Manager of Printworks London and play a pivotal role in the future of this very prestigious and high profile music venue. You will have scope to manage all aspects of the production within Printworks. The brief, in essence, is to take a world class venue to new heights and further position the venue as the very best in the industry as it enters the next stage of its development.
To be successful you will have a proven track record of achievement in a production position within the sports / music and entertainment industry with a good understanding of managing a large event to a high standard. You will have a natural passion for live events with strong commercial acumen. You will need to demonstrate a unique and innovative approach, a real ability to get things done and a strong understanding of how to drive the business forward.
WHAT OUR PRODUCTION MANAGER WILL DO:
- Work with venues team to manage changes to technical production specification.
- Assist the Head of Operations with staffing, including recruiting, contracting, and creating schedules.
- Act as line Manager for key roles on site, including stage managers and production office manager.
- Be the main point of contact on all show days for touring productions working closely with tour managers, artists, artist management & venue reps.
- Point of contact for artist liaison, artist production manager and tour manager.
- Consultation with booking team on artist contracts in respect of technical riders.
- Agree and advance final technical riders with artists, including specifying artists extras and artist recharges, reporting costs on both.
- Oversee technical design and stages infrastructure based on artist requirements / capacity / venue and structure limitations.
Procurement / Suppliers
- Key point of contact for all key production suppliers from procurement to delivery – including, but not limited to, lighting, audio, video, backline and SFX.
- Ensure effective negotiation, contracting and management of suppliers.
- Assist wider partners and clients with all production requirements.
- Establish production schedules for projects and communicating effectively to all relevant parties – ensuring all information is up to date.
Health and Safety / CDM
- Work with H&S Manager to ensure all CDM regulations are met, including all relevant paperwork including ESMP’s.
- Oversight of H+S information advanced to suppliers and collation of documentation.
Skills and Attributes required:
- Excellent client facing and account management skills.
- Proven experience as a successful production manager, tour experience preferable.
- Ability to problem solve in time sensitive situations.
- Strong existing working relationships with network of production supplier.
- Broad knowledge and experience of production disciplines, sound, lighting, video, rigging transport, logistics, staging, health and safety.
- Proficient in AutoCAD or similar technical drawing software.
- Ability to hit the ground running and work under pressure.
- Manage multiple events simultaneously, from concept to delivery.
- Passionate about providing high-quality production and fulfilling client’s expectations.
- Ability to contribute beyond the role and to lead strategic initiatives to curate a world class venue.
Please apply online now with a cover letter and up-to-date CV, or if you have any questions please email us on email@example.com.