Position: HEAD OF NORTH AMERICA CONSUMER MARKETING
Location: NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
Closing Date: Apr 13th 2019
At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right audio content for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs + podcasts, and created a service that people use to discover and share the content they love. Today, we are seeking an outstanding Head of Consumer Marketing.
As the Head of Consumer Marketing, you will be responsible for communicating with and growing the U.S and Canada. consumer base. People have an incredibly emotional connection to music and it is your mission to make sure people in North America develop such a connection through Spotify.
The Head of Consumer Marketing will work in our NYC office in close collaboration with cross-functional leadership teams such as Artist & Label, Editorial, Brand Partnerships, Premium Marketing, Content Marketing, Product, Business Development, PR, and Market Operations to effectively acquire, activate and retain Spotify consumers in the U.S. This region covers North America: US, as well as Canada. This individual will work in a fast-growing, dynamic environment where charisma, creativity and strategic thinking are essential to this success.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide strong leadership to the team, articulate a vision of growth for the US market, and develop of Spotify’s consumer-centric marketing strategy, plans and execution
- Deliver focused, attributable, large scale coordinated marketing programs to accelerate capture of addressable market
- Provide counsel to the leadership team and cross-functional partners on the US landscape (media and societal trends, growth opportunities, competitive landscape)
- Drive alignment, understanding and adoption of US target audiences across all stakeholders
- Understand US consumer demand and deliver a focused x-functional effort
- Identify untapped growth target audiences, informed by first and third party data; deliver best-in-class content and marketing solutions through direct and partner channels
- Work closely with Spotify’s in-house agency to develop best in-class brand marketing campaigns – as such, a strong background managing agency and creative partners is required
- Develop consumer marketing strategies to successfully establish the Spotify brand; driving awareness, growth and loyalty through traditional media, digital, social, partnerships and owned channels
- Leverage existing relationships with global and local partners to extend speed to market, reach and ongoing consumer engagement for Spotify
- Work closely with Content to drive the music + podcast industry agenda and ensure content priorities are aligned to our core audiences’ needs
- Work closely with Business Development and Brand Partnerships to drive cultural relevance and user interest
- Manage the marketing budget for to ensure marketing programs executed are ROI optimized
- Consistently champion the Spotify brand values, people values and Social Impact initiatives, acting as a role model both within the team and externally
WHO YOU ARE
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred
- Must be a proven leader, able to manage teams remotely
- 15+ years relevant experience in consumer, digital media, e-commerce or entertainment marketing, including with an international brand covering the U.S. region.
- Proven track record of converting high-level business and marketing strategy into tangible, effective local marketing execution across channels.
- Data and ROI driven
- End-to-end experience of the marketing process from initial briefing all the way to execution.
- Highly customer obsessed and data literate. Able to interrogate market, consumer and customer data and present recommendations on market and consumer
- Comfortable influencing up and down a large organization, including at senior levels.
- Portfolio of strong consumer marketing campaigns resulting in customer acquisition and business partnerships, including across traditional and digital/social platforms.
- Track record of strong leadership and a collaborative mindset
- Experience with managing external agency relationships