Closes: 16 May, 2019
Imagine what you could make at Apple.
Great ideas have a way of becoming innovative products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
The Media Products Design team conceptualizes, designs and creates the content experiences for some of Apple’s most visible products.
Your ideas can impact the way people consume media products, what they look and feel like and how they’re used by hundreds of millions of people across the world.
- You have an innovative vision for our content and media experiences and ideas about how to drive culture through them
- Experience in conceptualizing and creating content-driven experiences
- A conceptual thinker who is strategically centered
- Delivers highly-resolved work at the intersection of culture and design
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Ability to drive and design visual design work for multiple situations
- Fluency with any of the following: graphic design, video, animation, UX, storytelling
- A keen ability to create work under minimal supervision, as well as package and present solutions to wider creative teams
- You are a fountain of ideas and creative thinking who can think and implement quickly, laterally, independently or collaboratively
- Experience developing and executing an editorial design strategy and has an advanced understanding of what makes content engaging and successful across platforms and audiences
- Demonstrate strong user experience sensibilities with an uncanny level of curiosity
- Collaborates with Creatives, Project Managers, Business Owners and Executives to solve complex problems with simple solutions
- Experience developing prototypes for a variety of platforms and use cases; can rapidly prototype their ideas across a myriad of devices, experiences and scenarios
- Have a passion for cultivating relationships, managing and mentoring creatives, and can use that rapport to align teams around a vision
A design lead for Apple Music will love music and be responsible for driving music culture at Apple.
Whether it's establishing the look and feel of our art and playlists, strategizing about design, photo and video for our product now and in the future, or driving the actual content that we are putting into our product, this lead will have a wide mandate to imagine the present and future of what a music service can be.
At Apple we collaborate with many teams across many organizations to get things done and in the content space, this is truer than ever.
You should be highly collaborative, believing that great work happens when you work with other incredibly smart people to get things done, but are also a true leader and used to navigating relationships and driving the work with vision.
You will be responsible for managing a small team and building it out over time as well as the day-to-day relationships with many peers across the org, from marketing, programming, label relations, UI designers, and more.
You should first and foremost have a background in music content creation as well as an interdisciplinary sensibility toward graphic and digital content design.
Lastly, you will be a great leader and culture driver with an exceptional eye for detail, a keen sense of what matters and a belief that they can make a big difference.
This is a role is for a true creative. A design thinker, communicator, and problem solver who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can work across media types, screens, formats and technologies, and who can collaborate well across the organization and dedicated to shaping deep storylines of our users.
Degree in BSc/BA Graphic Design or Visual Communication or equivalent work experience.
- Portfolio showing exceptional talent in delivering strategic ideas across digital, social or static form factors.
- 10+ years relevant design or creative leadership experience required; bonus for tours in publishing, magazines, or content creation/delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Web, Graphic, Information, Communication design or equivalent experience
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Passionate about the Apple brand and relentless in preserving its authenticity