Position: CORPORATE COMMUNICATION MANAGER (DE)
Location: BERLIN, GERMANY
Closing Date: MAY 25TH, 2019
We are looking for a Manager (m/f/x) to join our Corporate Communications Team to cover parental leave.
We are seeking a dynamic corporate communications professional to drive the perception of the first new international music company of the streaming age in Germany and Continental Europe.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US
- BMG is a new kind of digital age music company formed about ten years ago with a relentless focus on delivering fairness, transparency and service to artists and songwriters such as Bruno Mars, Kitschkrieg, Ringo Starr, Kylie Minogue, Adel Tawil, Roger Waters, Seeed, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards and literally thousands more.
- Uniquely for its size BMG represents both songs and recording rights on the same state-of-the-art platform worldwide.
- It is the world’s fourth biggest music company.
Your core responsibility will be to communicate the BMG difference to artists and songwriters, to our internal team, to our shareholder and the wider world, rather than promoting artists and songwriters. Your primary tasks will include the followings:
- Execution of BMG’s corporate communications strategy in Germany and Continental Europe
- Liaison with the corporate communications team at our shareholder Bertelsmann
- Securing German language media coverage of BMG, its strategy, difference and achievements
- Being the first port of call for communications for our Germany and Continental Europe offices
- Being a key member of the international team responsible for all of BMG’s external and internal communications
- You have at least five years of international working experience in PR or communications, preferably as a communications role in the music or entertainment industry
- You are fluent in German and English with excellent written and verbal communication skills in both
- You have strong B2B media relations experience and existing relationships with a wide range of media
- You are a confident communicator with strong people skills and bring an exceptional attention to details
- You are a diplomatic, service orientated team player, and your pro-active working attitude is suitable for a fast-paced international business environment
NOW LET’S SEE WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- A fair and transparent business model and company structure
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings, access to Bertelsmann University and Lynda
- Flexible working hours and an employee savings scheme
- Public transport company ticket to get easily to our beautiful office located close to Gendarmenmarkt
- Regular in-house concerts – to listen to all the awesome stuff we are producing every day
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music including industry veterans who always have a great and unique story to share
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Then send us your application and all the convincing arguments why you are the right person to get this job. The challenge is on. Let’s create a future together. Please feel free to apply either in German or in English