Position: AGENCY ASSISTANT (UK)
Employer: COALITION AGENCY
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000
Closing Date: MAY 25TH, 2019
Coalition Agency opened its doors back in 1995, booking DJs in the UK university and nightclub market.
From those humble beginnings our business has grown every year to become the leading commercial entertainment agency based in central London, representing a fantastic and diverse roster of artistes.
Now operating across the entire world, our dedicated team of passionate entertainment professionals exclusively represent DJs, live acts, entertainment brands and celebrities, covering a wide range of genres from dance music to pop, and indie to grime.
This role is the heartbeat of Coalition. You will work across all administration for the talent agency, liaising with artists and promoters on a daily basis. No two days will be the same, you’ll need to be able to stay calm under pressure, juggle a number of different tasks at once, and have an eye for detail.
YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE…
- Contracting all formal offers – ensuring each contract has the relevant information for each show/promoter
- Liaising between Artists, Managers and promoters to proactively ensure all information required for the Artist is collated and communicated as far ahead of event as possible
- Distribution of event itineraries to artists, promoters and TM’s, ensuring there is sufficient time for changes and additions if necessary
- Issuing invoices and liaising with Finance team on income reporting and chasing overdue invoices as appropriate
- Responsibility for all tour accounting and settlements
- Seeking and confirming all artwork approvals
- Preparing and executing announcements and on-sales
- Ensuring weekly ticket counts are collected from promoters and distributed to agents
- Attend shows on behalf of (and with) agent and represent Coalition
SUPPORT FOR CEO/ EXECUTIVE TEAM:
Prepare agendas for meetings and take minutes.
Distribute minutes to the team and follow up on action points.
General agency assistance
ABILITIES & SKILLS…
Meticulous attention to detail
Excellent organisational skills including the ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and manage multiple workloads
Ability to think outside the box
Flexible and a hard-working ‘can-do’ attitude
Passionate about the industry
A strong and confident telephone manner