Position: HEAD OF AUDIENCE & ENGAGEMENT, PARLOPHONE (UK)
Employer: WARNER MUSIC GROUP
Closing Date: JUNE 10TH, 2019
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics and Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses.
Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
WHY THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT BIG BREAK:
Parlophone Records is in the midst of an exciting evolution in its identity and team structure. You will be joining a dynamic and diverse team, working with the label marketing team, artists and managers to deliver creative campaigns that build fanbases and continually engage audiences. You will devise innovative and creative content activations and initiatives that communicate the identity of Parlophone artists and the label as a whole.
HERE YOU’LL GET TO:
- - Oversee the briefing, build and maintenance of all artist touch points – official channels, social networks, mobile destinations etc.
- - Oversee label’s Influencer & creator marketing strategy
- - Drive innovation across the label, spearheading Parlophone’s initiatives in emerging platforms and market opportunities
- - Oversee Parlophone and its artists’ eCRM, data capture and direct marketing strategy
- - Work with your direct reports to plan sponsored marketing spends with a focus on fan acquisition and engagement through a clear understanding of ROI
- - Set strategy for and deliver against database, traffic and engagement/conversion targets
- - Through line management of Marketing Analyst, implement strategy for data analysis, reporting and optimisations across campaigns.
- - Establish and maintain successful relationships with key streaming, social and content accounts (Spotify, Apple, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Shazam, TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube/Google, Vevo etc) to maximise marketing, editorial and promotional activity for artists.
- - Through management of Parlophone’s streaming lead, devise creative marketing executions to drive streaming engagement for artists and their releases.
- - Drive D2C and eCommerce opportunities to maximise chart and commercial impact on marquee releases.
- - Oversee the research and communication of emerging trends, platforms and marketplace opportunities, upskilling the wider Marketing team and label, and serving as a thought leader within the business
- - Report on all campaign activities undertaken via daily, weekly updates and in internal meetings where required
- - Work with non-UK territories to ensure all campaigns are relevant to international territories, establishing toolkits and strategy guides to empower local teams to adapt domestic campaigns to the nuances of their market.
- - Work alongside A&R where required to provide growth statistics and audience analysis of potential and new signings
- - A clear and enthusiastic communicator. Who must be able to articulate complex principles into easily understandable forms for the label team, managers and artists
- - A strong presenter of ideas and campaigns to engage label partners and promote our artists
- - An inspirational motivator with experience of managing a team of reports
- - A creative and analytical thinker. Who can generate forward thinking ideas and has a firm understanding of how to assess success in different fields
- - An ability to multi-task. Whilst identifying key priorities within a busy workload to maintain focus on.
- - A proactive energy whom thrives of speed of execution and a fast-paced environment
- - Past professional experience within the entertainment and content space. Not necessarily music based.
- - A level of experience within the social content space. In both the devising of campaigns and relationships with partners in the area.
- - An understanding of the UK and global streaming ecosystem and the partners within it.
WHY JOIN US?
Here at Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
LOVE THIS JOB AND WANT TO APPLY?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.