Position: GLOBAL HEAD OF PRODUCT MARKETING (US)
Employer: YOUTUBE MUSIC
Location: SAN FRANCISCO
Closing Date: JUNE 28TH, 2019
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
- Drive strategic leadership within Marketing and senior-level cross-functional partners (e.g., Product Management, Engineering, Strategy, Finance, Partnerships, etc.) to grow our subscriptions business and make YouTube the best place for artists.
- Seek and deliver actionable consumer insights to inform product and marketing strategy, and advocate for the consumer across Marketing, Product, and partners.
- Act as a key leader for YouTube Product Marketing, utilizing robust consumer insights to build comprehensive marketing strategy and plans for new YouTube Music products and features.
- Play a key role in broad strategic initiatives, including helping to build YouTube Music’s overall marketing strategy and plans, or building plans for new strategic opportunities.
- Drive insights, competitive analysis, product positioning, naming, objectives, and metrics. Work with a cross-functional team across Product Development, Engineering, Partnerships, Sales, Marketing Communications, PR, Legal, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in product marketing.
- - Experience shaping product roadmaps and user experiences through actionable insights and recommendations. Experience in product branding, messaging, positioning, targeting, and multi-country product launches.
- - Experience successfully collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- - Experience leading teams. Track record of exceptional performance and high productivity.
- - Ability to influence all levels and work effectively across functions and geographies.
- - Ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- - Excellent quantitative reasoning, creativity, analytical, strategic, and interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.