Position: DIRECTOR, SALES & DIGITAL (US)
Employer: DISNEY MUSIC GROUP
Location: LOS ANGELES
Category: PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Closing Date: JUNE 7TH, 2019
Disney Music Group is home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing, Buena Vista Records, and Disney Concerts.
The labels’ genre-spanning rosters include (Grammy nominated) Demi Lovato, Queen (in the U.S.), Sofia Carson, ZZ Ward, Breaking Benjamin, Bea Miller, Sabrina Carpenter, Joywave, Olivia Holt, morgxn, Tini Stoessel, Dreamers, BOBI, DCappella, JD McCrary, Adam Hambrick and more.
DMG also releases family music and film and television soundtracks such as the chart-topping “Guardians of the Galaxy” “Beauty And The Beast,” “Descendants,” Oscar-winning “Coco” and “Moana” soundtracks, and the Oscar and Grammy-winning “Frozen” soundtrack. Recent releases include “Bohemian Rhapsody,” the Oscar-nominated “Mary Poppins Returns,” “Captain Marvel,” and “Dumbo.”
Upcoming soundtracks include “Avengers: End Game,” “Aladdin,” “Toy Story 4,” and “The Lion King.” DMG has a rich catalog with a lasting legacy that has impacted pop culture globally, including music from films like “Snow White,” “Pinocchio,” and “Star Wars,” artists like Annette Funicello, and beloved classics like “It’s A Small World.” Disney Concerts licenses and produces hundreds of shows around the world, including Star Wars in Concert, Disney On Classic, Beauty and the Beast, Soy Luna, and many more.
DMG is looking for a Director, Sales & Digital – Key Accounts who will be responsible for the strategy, creation and execution of retail partner plans at specific key partners, inclusive of music consumption across the business for multiple Disney brand verticals.
The role is based on the Disney Studio Lot in Burbank and requires at least 8-10 years’ experience working in the working in the music industry on key streaming, digital and physical accounts on a global level.
- Lead relationships at key partners, inclusive of music consumption across the business.
- Develop creative programs with the key partners to market and create engagement with the entire DMG catalog and drive revenue, working closely with their leader (Director, Sales & Digital – Key Accounts & Analytics) to incorporate innovative approaches to advertising and artist development in the ever-changing digital retail landscape.
- Be an evangelist for day to day partners in the following ways: report on key news and partner trends to the broader Disney Music Group, presenting and answering questions from DMG in both formal and informal settings.
- Partner with other divisions at Disney to coordinate and align synergistic marketing efforts and awareness opportunities to achieve shared goals.
- Working with the DMG Marketing Team to create overarching global marketing plans.
- Coordinate partner artist visits and periodic all hands partner meetings to maximize the opportunities around artist releases and other soundtrack and catalog priorities.
- Work with social media team on execution of sponsored posts/content for relevant partner accounts.
- Liaise with UMG (Distribution) team on all campaigns and efforts at the partners above.
- Strong passion for music and technology.
- An openness to a quickly and perpetually changing landscape.
- Proven success building and maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills – diplomacy and interpersonal skills are a necessity.
- Comfort and excellence in communicating with and presenting to Senior level executives both internally and externally, in formal and informal settings.
- Strength in multitasking is a must, with ability to work manage a high-pressure environment.
- Insatiable curiosity regarding the music and entertainment industry.
- Extremely positive attitude, can do spirit and ability to thrive at being a team player.
- This role requires constant collaboration with their leader and requires an openness to receive critical feedback.
- Ability to travel as needed.