Position: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Location: NEW YORK (OR) LOS ANGELES
Closing Date: JUNE 7TH, 2019
Constant works with creative artists of all disciplines to help execute their artistic vision, amplify their voice and create long term, sustainable businesses around what they do best.
We have offices in Los Angeles and New York, and currently represent Future Islands, Parra, Washed Out, and Explosions in the Sky, among others. Founded in 2004, Constant provides exclusive worldwide management and consulting services to an established roster of musicians, visual artists, producers, and composers. With an insatiable thirst for innovation and creative collaboration, we pride ourselves on working with the most talented artists in their respective fields.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS OVERVIEW
Constant is looking for an experienced Director of Operations to oversee day-to-day operations and supervise our team of 4-5 people working from remote locations.
This position can be based in Los Angeles (first preference), New York City (second preference), or elsewhere (third preference, but open to ideas).
- You will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for a variety of client specific and company-wide projects, including directing workflow, overseeing the staff and HR-related duties, creating budgets / managing expenses, coordinating projects with external partners, and furthering business development initiatives.
- You will ensure that Constant’s business is well-coordinated and productive by analyzing, managing, and improving its processes, and will be responsible for the overall efficiency of the business.
- A balanced understanding of big-picture concepts and goals in the creative arts, and the micro details that go into achieving those goals is essential.
- You will develop strategic plans by studying technological and financial opportunities, presenting conclusions and recommending objectives.
- You are fully committed to being an enthusiastic, active member of a small, busy team in an exciting period for the company.
- You have a solid grasp of our roster and align aesthetically with our vision: understanding the growth potential for our clients is essential.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader who can play a major role in moving the business forward. The position is ever-evolving and requires strict attention to detail and creative problem solving — each of these characteristics is non-negotiable:
- 3+ years applicable experience in business administration, artist and/or project management
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Working understanding of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Must thrive on re-tooling processes and systems to make them more efficient
- Skilled in the art of delegation and follow through
- Track record of supporting multiple projects at once with tight deadlines
- Familiarity with G-Suite, Asana (or similar), FilemakerPro (or similar), and interest in becoming a power user of the software applications the company invests in
- Experience recruiting, interviewing, hiring and mentoring new talent
- Up-to-date with current marketing, advertising, and lifestyle trends
- We are a tech-friendly / tech-dependent company, so being aware of current technology trends / solutions / options is essential
- The following are not essential, but are preferred:
- 4-year undergraduate degree in an applicable field of study
- Experience with brand management, fundraising, and/or business development
THE FINE PRINT
If this role is a great fit for you, and Constant is where you want to be, we’d love to hear from you. We are constantly striving to be the best at what we do and want to talk to people who feel the same about what they do.
Salary commensurate with experience and industry; benefits provided.
Applicants who do not provide or address all of the following will not be considered for this position. Because the right candidate for us is acutely detail oriented, said candidate will be naturally inclined to send us everything we’re requesting the first time, so as to not slow down the application process. Please, we beg of you, double check before hitting ‘send’ to avoid getting weeded out unnecessarily.
Please e-mail the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “2019 Director of Operations Position”:
- Your one or two-page resume
- One page of references with contact information
- One page cover letter (these are actually read and reviewed!)
- Salary requirements and/or salary history
- LinkedIn profile link (or a brief explanation of why you don’t have one)
Due to the typically high volume of applicants we hear from when we are hiring new team members, we cannot respond to every application, but we do appreciate you reading this far, and look forward to hearing from you if you’re the right match for this position.