Kobalt is looking to hire a highly organised, self-driven and detail-oriented Operations Manager to support the SVP Operations and their team based out of our London office.
The successful candidate will have previous executive-level support experience in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment as well as a track record of managing ever-changing schedules, conflicting priorities and planning international travel across multiple time zones.
The SVP Operations manages a range of teams driving the global operations of AWAL’s recorded music business and its extensive roster of clients; these include digital operations and supply chain, release management, physical supply chain and distribution, release management and physical production, client admin, royalties and community support functions. This role will be expected to gain a good understanding of these business functions and help with projects and any issues as they occur.
As a natural extension of the supported executives in their day-to-day activity you will need to be an excellent organiser and communicator, able to build a trustworthy relationship among internal teams and external contacts.
AWAL is the Recordings division of Kobalt, and provides a range of marketing, distribution and other services to artists and labels, empowering recording owners whilst enabling them to retain ownership and control of their masters. AWAL works with more than 12,000 clients and our roster includes artists such as Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Little Simz, The Kooks, Laura Marling, Tom Misch, De La Soul, The Wombats, David Gray, Placebo and LAUV, and labels including Glassnote, Mau5trap, Downtown, Side One Dummy, Wrasse and Chrysalis.
Working at Kobalt, you will help empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & of course, a passion for music!
WHAT DOES AN OPERATIONS MANAGER AT AWAL DO?
- Researching, requesting and generating reports on behalf of SVP Operations & the Ops team
- Manage diary, meetings schedule, booking occasional travel for the SVP Operations
- Provide the bridge for smooth communication among internal & external teams; maintaining credibility, confidentiality, trust and support
- Manage external relationships by filtering and prioritising contact
- Coordinate team meetings across Operations team functions
- Assistance with presentation documents (/PowerPoint & Google slide) as required
- Working with Ops team and CEO’s office team in producing & aggregating monthly stats/KPIs reporting & generating new regular Ops reports for the AWAL business
- Meetings scheduling/minute-taking/Kwiki pages maintenance as required
- Support Ops team office admin/facilities requirements (coordinating desk space etc.)
- Helping on cross-department projects as requested
- Working closely alongside EA to President AWAL and GM AWAL UK on AWAL team events and socials as requested
- Assist with AWAL management reports and presentations alongside EA to CEO and President AWAL
- Project Manage special projects as briefed by SVP Operations from time to time
- Data and business research, compiling special reports & organize data
- Circulate information internally within the company
- Manage administrative functions including processing POs and expenses for SVP Operations
- Work closely with the wider teams to coordinate meetings and events as needed
- Work on ad-hoc projects and support other managers in the functions
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Well organised, with great communication skills both verbal and written.
- Friendly , flexible working style with the ability to forge great relationships across the AWAL and Kobalt teams
- Ability to deal with colleagues at all levels, someone that can hold their own with senior management colleagues
- Competent with Powerpoint/Keynote, G Suite and Excel and ability to learn new Kobalt-specific systems as required
- Strong attention to detail
- Ideally 2+ years Music industry experience (for example artist management, record label, distributor) with a passion for music and the desire to put our artists first
- We would ideally like someone who is tech -savvy, not scared of systems and data and or strong exec assistant experience within music environment
YOU WILL IDEALLY HAVE…
- 2+ years’ experience in a supporting role in the music industry
- A digital/technical interest and skills or business studies/MBA background would be desirable
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability able to take initiative, manage a changing schedule and manage competing priorities without losing anything in the shuffle
- Crisis and issue management experience and some project management skill
- Prior experience coordinating international travel and planning across multiple time-zone
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Experience with PowerPoint/Keynote and Excel
- Very strong attention to detail
You may be working for a record label or distributor but most important is that you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have a friendly, enthusiastic & results-oriented attitude.