Position: MANAGER, CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT
Employer: DOWNTOWN MUSIC PUBLISHING
Location: NEW YORK, USA
Salary: COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
Closing Date: OPEN
Established in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world's leading rights-management firms with offices in major music markets around the globe, including New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Paris, and Sydney. The company's catalog spans over a hundred years of popular music, encompassing some of the world's most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Hans Zimmer, The Kinks, One Direction, Mötley Crüe, Robin Thicke, Naughty Boy, Phish, Hardwell, Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson, Santigold, and Tori Amos.
Downtown Music Publishing is wholly owned by Downtown, which also owns New York-based Downtown Music Studios, AVL Digital Group and SongtrustⓇ, the world’s largest technology platform for songwriting and music publishing royalties, which powers global royalty collection from over 120 territories and more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
Downtown Music Publishing is seeking a Manager, Corporate Development to join our Analytics department to assist our Director of Corporate Development and other members of the Analytics team in all execution of Downtown’s strategic financial aspects.
What you will do:
- Assist Director of Corporate Development and other members of the Analytics team in all financial aspects and execution of Downtown’s strategic and music catalog acquisitions, including: investments and joint ventures, forecasting, valuation analyses, diligence investigations, structuring and negotiations
- Develop tools and methodologies for forecasting future royalty flows
- Work closely with outside accountants and financial advisors
- Present analyses and conclusions to senior management
- 1-2+ years assisting in the execution of M&A transactions, preferably in a corporate development role, as a consultant, at an accounting or private equity firm, or at an investment bank
- Music publishing experience preferred, including experience in analyzing publishing transactions (acquisitions, co-publishing and administrative in nature), hands-on knowledge of how music royalties are collected and distributed globally
- Proven excellence in financial modeling skills
- Strong finance, tax and accounting knowledge
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Comfortable handling complexity in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to analyze large, complex datasets and model into useful analyses
- Potential travel to target locations and other Downtown offices from time to time
Why you want to work here:
- The chance to work in our amazing loft office in SoHo, NYC
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership
- Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.