Position: MUSIC SUPERVISOR
Employer: ENTERTAINMENT ONE
Location: LOS ANGELES, USA
Date Posted: Oct 9th 2018
This exciting role in our Music Publishing division, will see the successful candidate working directly with internal business units and external clients to provide the customary services of a music supervisor for film and television.
- Source, gather and recommend relevant and on-budget music options to support creative storytellers such as directors and producers for contracting productions.
- Read scripts and/or attend spotting sessions to identify and compile recommend potential music moments in a production.
- Maintain regular contact with music licensors to negotiate and secure all necessary quotes, rights, licenses and approvals from copyright stakeholders and third-parties (including master and synchronization rights, as well as union re-use fees) for music expected to be included in contracting productions.
- Maintain detailed music budgets and keep producers fully informed of all ongoing negotiations with third-party music licensors.
- Summarize broad terms for all long-form licenses and oversee the drafting of licenses in form and substance acceptable to contracting producers.
- Advise creative teams with respect to any potential liability to make additional payments to musicians involved in sound recordings owned by third parties under the regulations of the Musicians Union, AF of M, SAG-AFTRA or any other similar union and obtain clearances for any such musicians as required.
- Obtain and deliver all necessary broadcast quality audio media assets for post-production prior to dub and mix sessions.
- Obtain and deliver all necessary music credits to be included in opening titles, title cards and end crawl credits.
- Supervise any recording and mixing sessions as needed.
- Work with music editors and music supervision coordinator to oversee the compilation and delivery of customary music cue sheets.
- Compile music rights package on the completion of each production.
- Provide a licensor summary for accounting and distribution of licensing fees.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with existing partners to secure continued music supervision work while seeking out new prospects for additional projects.
- Perform all other customary music supervisor services as may be required by the company and/or contracting producers.
- Bachelor’s degree in music (performance, production or business) or related field is preferred
- Required 5-10 years experience as a music coordinator and/or music supervisor
- General awareness of music history and all major musical genres from all eras
- Working relationships with creative and licensing contacts at both major and independent record and music publishing companies
- Solid understanding of music rights, master and synchronization licensing
- Excellent negotiating skills in licensing music for use in visual media
- Excellent communication, organization and research skills
- Excellent networking, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Self-driven, capable of working independently and in a team setting
- Experience working for a global entertainment company is an asset
WHAT YOU'LL BE A PART OF
- Taking care: health and dental coverage
- Investing in your future: employee stock option purchase plan, and local defined contribution pension plans
- Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
- Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
- Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
- The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
- Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
- Grow: develop your career and shape your future
Please apply online at https://www.entertainmentone.com/careers/
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.