Established in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world's leading rights-management firms with offices in major music markets around the globe, including New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Paris, and Sydney. The company's catalog spans over a hundred years of popular music, encompassing some of the world's most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Hans Zimmer, The Kinks, One Direction, Mötley Crüe, Robin Thicke, Naughty Boy, Phish, Hardwell, Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson, Santigold, and Tori Amos.
Downtown Music Publishing is wholly owned by Downtown, which also owns New York-based Downtown Music Studios, AVL Digital Group and SongtrustⓇ, the world’s largest technology platform for songwriting and music publishing royalties, which powers global royalty collection from over 120 territories and more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
Downtown Music Holdings, a global music and technology business, is looking for a Front of House Manager to oversee guest experience and events at its headquarters in Soho. The FOH Manager will interact with all levels of executives, guests and clients on a daily basis and ensure they are provided with an exceptional experience.. Our ideal candidate will be extremely organized with a high degree of poise and has 5+ years of experience in hospitality including direct Front-of-House experience with leading brands in global guest experience.
What you will do:
- Ensure a thoughtful and discreet guest experience of the highest standards from arrival and reception straight through to departure.
- Proactively create an inviting, welcoming and positive atmosphere at all customer-facing events.
- Review and innovate on existing standard operating procedures of all global front of house operations.
- Hire and oversee reception and housekeeping services.
- Maintain management and design of all public spaces including reception, cafe, conference and meeting rooms at HQ.
- Develop and execute a compelling and cost effective Food and Beverage program for guests, internal meetings and special events.
- Manage relationships with all event-related vendors and liaise with company staff to ensure proper coordination of meetings and events.
- Track record of success working in a fast-paced, fast-growing global organization through creative, out-of-the-box ideas and solutions.
- A high sense of integrity and work ethic with ability to self-motivate and desire to lead by example.
- Expertise executing event production and logistics on a wide range of events.
- The ability to initiate, implement and monitor processes and procedures to ensure a high standard of services are maintained.
- Experience developing functional relationships with a wide variety of internal and external partners and clients.
- Energetic, self-starter, solution and results-oriented, dedicated individual with a high sense of urgency.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and G-Suite tools.
- Enthusiastic, bright and sunny personality.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Why you want to work here:
- The chance to work in our amazing loft office in SoHo, NYC
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership
- Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.