We built DICE for fans. We’ve gone from being a tiny six-person company in London to a 90+ person (and growing) company that is now launching around the world.
DICE is obsessed with data and technology and on a mission to be the world’s best platform to discover and buy tickets to amazing live experiences. The best artists all work closely with us to make sure their tickets go to their fans, not scalpers or touts.
We’re looking for a USA Managing Director to join our LA office oversee our existing North American commercial teams. Using your strong financial acumen and history of exceeding revenue targets, you will be responsible for driving the continued revenue and business growth of DICE in North America. Using your existing strong relationships, you will be building on our current success, landing new major partnerships and rolling out new revenue streams for DICE.
You will be a strategic and inspiring leader to our commercial North American management team with demonstrable experience managing senior leaders to ensure high performance and productivity. You are revenue focused, self-disciplined and lead by example by working with extreme diligence and passion.
STRATEGY AND SALES
- Develop and implement the commercial strategies to deliver 100% YOY growth for 2019 via new partnerships, expansions into our new verticals and success at DICE venues
- Lead all new business commercial meetings and re-negotiations with our major partners.
- Focus on building on our existing venue and partner network.
- Review business strategic planning, analysing activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine teams success.
- Direct and coordinate all divisional department activities to develop and implement long-term goals to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
FINANCIAL PLANNING AND ANALYSIS
- Liaising with Finance to establish financial targets and profit contribution considerations.
- Create budgets and allocate sufficient resources to accomplish objectives, whilst measuring results and making any mid-course corrections.
TEAM MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
- Manage commercial team leads to successfully deliver their business strategies
- Coach and develop team leads skill sets and support in their career progression
- Ensure high performance of teams across the business by action planning, through establishing and supporting objectives that align with the overarching company goals.
- Be the direct link between the team leads and the CRO to oversee the seamless, productive & efficient running of the organisation.
- Assist the Global Head of Brand Partnerships in building and executing the Brand Partnerships strategy in North America, and achieving their targets.
- Proven experience as Managing Director or other similar managerial position.
- At least 10+ years industry experience including 5+ years of sales leadership experience.
- Strong experience in dealing with business right across North America with strong connections in major markets like NYC, Chicago, Atlanta and more.
- Experience in a high-growth scale-up business environment.
- Strong knowledge and/or experience of the live events industry, i.e. music, media, arts & culture, etc.
- Data obsessed decision-maker – able to use logic and data to prioritise and drive change.
- Strong leadership qualities. You’ve inspired a growing, dynamic team before.
- High adaptability to change and able to execute quickly, ie long-term strategic thinking to implementing immediate actions.
- Entrepreneurial experience identifying and implementing new revenue streams
- Strong analytical and organisational skills including the ability to influence stakeholders to adopt new tools and processes.
You’ll be working in a fast paced, new team with smart, passionate, interesting people who have amazing ideas that often become reality. We’re on a mission and you’ll be an integral part of the team to make a BIG impact. We’re well funded and have global ambitions – lets be honest, you’ll love working here.
+ Free Breakfast
+ LA office
+ Chance to come to our London office and meet the rest of our 90+ employees!