Position: SENIOR ROYALTY ASSISTANT
Location: LONDON, UK
Closing Date: AUGUST 23RD, 2019
AWAL is looking for an exceptional individual to assist with our royalty and accounting responsibilities within Kobalt label & distribution services, AWAL.
Joining a close-knit team and reporting to Senior Manager, Royalties, you are detail-oriented and highly organised, have great interpersonal skills and can cope with a high-pressure/fast-paced environment but remain optimistic & persistent to make things happen.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the centre of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and are transforming the way record labels and artists manage, develop and optimise their catalogues.
Kobalt’s multi-rights platform accounts for billions of daily microtransactions for thousands of catalogue tracks in today’s ever-changing music industry.
Working at Kobalt, you will help empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & of course, a passion for music!
WHAT DOES A SENIOR ROYALTY ASSISTANT AT AWAL DO?
- Ensuring the timely receipt of incoming reporting from our Distribution Partners
- Processing & Reconciling of incoming statements
- Preparing invoices where necessary
- Data input and updating as required
- Investigating royalty identification issues
- Assisting with the generation of royalty accounting to our clients to strict deadlines
- Providing intelligent data analysis using Excel
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Good understanding of the music industry, with experience in royalty processing
- Record Label and/or Physical Distributor background with an understanding of sales/returns statements & recharge details associated with various distributor accountings
- Ability to work with large volumes of Digital income sales data
- Assist with any ad-hoc projects the team are involved with
- Highly numerate and IT literate with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work to strict monthly processing deadlines
- Highly proactive approach and quick learner
- Excellent communication skills, externally with our Partners and internally through business units we work closely with, such as Tech, Release Management & Business Affairs