Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities.
We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
THE A SIDE: A DAY IN THE LIFE
Spinnup is a forward-looking, disruptive part of Universal Music, the world’s biggest group of record labels. As a digital distribution platform, unsigned artists use Spinnup to distribute their music to music services like Spotify and Apple Music. Using machine learning, the data from these services can be used to predict which artists have the most potential, so they can be introduced to Universal’s labels.
We have an opportunity for a data driven and ambitious marketing manager to join our small, friendly and dynamic team and contribute to the development of the industry’s most innovative approach to finding new musicians.
This role is a new position to be the central point of contact to oversee all aspects of Spinnup’s international marketing activities, therefore we are looking for an individual that can quickly build strong international relationships to be able to affect change and drive forward best practise in digital strategies through the use of data and insights.
The main purpose of the role will be to grow the Spinnup brand in new and existing markets, targeting ambitious and talented musicians and driving them to release their music through Spinnup meaning both brand and performance marketing experience is critical.
THE B SIDE: SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Work with external agencies to develop campaign strategies and creative; from providing best in class briefs to being able to articulate and critique agency output
- Work with external agencies to manage best practice SEO strategies also making sure strategies can be easily understand internally to help prioritise the channel within the business.
- Work with all teams responsible for digital content to align strategies across Paid Owned and Earned to maximise results and drive efficiency within the business
- Co-ordinate global campaigns with existing Spinnup markets and new markets launching.
- Be able to understand and balance the role of brand and performance channels within a plan
- Develop strategic direction for marketing based on learnings and business needs.
- Plan, execute and manage marketing campaigns across all performance channels
- Develop CRM strategy to convert, retain and grow our users.
- Gather insights on audience, acquisition, behaviour, conversion and attribution from google analytics.
- Be able to action insights and show results
- International marketing experience within music industry, retail, distributor or similar consumer facing start up.
- Proven record of project management across multiple territories.
- Highly organised & able to prioritise
- Have an inquisitive mind and natural head for data & analytics.
- Good knowledge of SEO, with results to show in previous roles
- Experience of working with and developing CRM strategies with a good understanding of the technology in this space
- Knowledge and experience working with Google Analytics.
- Knowledge and experience of other tools that can support marketing e.g. social listening tools
- Excellent understanding of digital advertising and its role in building and growing the brand
- Excellent communication and presentation skills across all levels of the organisation.
- A passionate interest in new technologies, digital and the entertainment industry.
BONUS TRACKS: YOUR BENEFITS
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)