Position: DIRECTOR, BUSINESS & LEGAL AFFAIRS
Employer: HITCO ENTERTAINMENT
Location: LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES
Closing Date: Nov 23rd 2018
Hitco Entertainment is a contemporary music and entertainment company, founded by L.A. Reid and Charles Goldstuck.
The modern-era music company formed in January 2018 is dedicated to artist development, content creation, and cross-platform content.
The fast-growing independent company has already signed 15 artists, including platinum-selling acts Big Boi (Outkast) and Dinah Jane (Fifth Harmony), as well as buzzing up-and-comers SAINT JHN and Yella Beezy.
Hitco has offices in Los Angeles, New York and Atlanta.
The Director, Business & Legal Affairs is responsible for various legal and business affairs matters for the Company.
The Director will work with the General Counsel in negotiating contracts and related activities necessary for the ongoing operations of Hitco.
The Director, Business & Legal Affairs will report to the General Counsel and the position is located in the Beverly Hills, CA office.
- Render general business and legal advice to all departments within the Company
- Responsible for managing ongoing contractual relationships and handling business affairs matters for a substantial roster of artists, including high profile artists
- Analyze, negotiate and prepare Hitco artist and side artist agreements
- Prepare artist and producer deal summaries and monitor contractual obligations and track option deadlines
- Collaborate with A&R Administration and Finance to ensure adherence to artist royalty provisions; review all royalty statements
- Negotiate and prepare license agreements, NDAs, video production agreements and other general entertainment contracts
- Request and track third party label clearances
- Analyze audit claims and negotiate audit settlements
- Review recordings, artwork and visual content for infringing materials and clear for exploitation
- Register, oversee and track trademark and copyright protection for intellectual property
- Keep abreast of standard practices and trends affecting the company’s industries
- Analyze contracts in response to business questions, and provide contractual and research information to business executives
- Law degree (J.D.) required
- Must be an active member of California or New York bar
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working for a record label or in private practice specializing in the music industry
- Must possess strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, and excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent drafting and writing skills
- Must be able to perform moderate to advanced-level reasoning tasks and make common sense decisions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Must be able to respond to and interact with senior level creative and business executives in a professional, articulate, personable and helpful manner
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, within a team-oriented environment
- Must be very organized and able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple complex time sensitive projects
This position requires occasional travel.
In addition to a competitive salary and paid holiday, vacation and sick leave, this full-time position is eligible to participate in the employer sponsored health and dental insurance plans with employer shared premiums.
If interested please send an email with your CV and any other relevant information here.