We are West One Music Group – a collaborative community of bright minds dedicated to producing music for media for TV, film, advertising, gaming, radio and online. Born in London in 2002, we now have offices around the world as well as studios in several countries, including here in our North American HQ in Los Angeles.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our LA-based Creative Team to help look after our clients in the US, Canada, and LATAM (as needed). This position will sit between sales and production, combining music curation, playlisting, catalog feedback, and file delivery. Offer and title will be based on experience
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Nurturing WOMG’s client base with music curation, playlist preparation, relationship management, music brief follow-ups and any general creative needs
- Supporting our Account Management teams by providing proactive music research across programming content trends and responding to all incoming music searches via email, phone, and website queries
- Prioritizing local client requests with our production team, representing the Americas in the global music release schedule
- Ensuring our clients can access WOMG’s music through all formats while maintaining an excellent working knowledge of our website, our music and all elements of our catalog. This will also include analysis of aggregators like Source Audio and Soundminer to ensure optimal performance and quarterly file delivery via hard drives.
- Understanding of how both metadata content and search work from a production and client perspective in order to inform our tagging systems and policies
- Keeping Salesforce records accurate and up to date
- An appreciation and understanding of the music to picture and sync industry
- Experience in the production music space
- Ability to translate client needs into accurate and interesting music suggestions
- Experience and working knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM software
- Ability to work accurately, efficiently and with an eye for detail
- An excellent team player with a passion for and knowledge of music
- Curiosity and proactive thinking
WOMG’s music users demand authenticity and we want to position ourselves as integral creative partners in what they do. This should be communicated in all our interactions – online, in-person and any events/touchpoints we share.
Our goal is to represent and increase the usage of our constantly-expanding repertoire: West One Music, Fired Earth Music, The Scoring House, Refuel Music, SOMOS, EDS, And Then Some, Zero Degrees, Real to Reel, and any new labels that we create over time.
A successful candidate will have a positive, can-do attitude that lends itself to our general mantra of being smart, brave, and captivating. You will play a key part in supporting our sales team to deliver the WOMG umbrella brand and its various catalogs to establish strong market share.
FOR THIS SPECIFIC ROLE, THIS COULD APPLY AS FOLLOWS:
- Smart: interested in overall production music trends and their successful application to a growing business. You want to help represent an excellent customer service ethos in the way clients receive music and will seek to improve workflow to accomplish our goals.
- Brave: constantly curious about innovative ways to generate and activate effective methods to increase usage of our catalog. You like to test the limit and will be fearless in helping stake our claim in a crowded market.
- Captivating: commanding a fresh approach to music briefs. You will use your skills to masterfully encapsulate our mission so that people will be excited about our offering and rely on us in times of need.
As a group of people who are passionate about music and people working with music, we believe that finding the right person to join our team is integral to our success.
If you are excited about this role, please email Joelle Davis: email@example.com send your CV with a motivation letter as to why you’d like to apply. Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you don’t hear back from us within four weeks please assume that you have not been selected for consideration.