An exciting opportunity to join the fastest growing music company!
We are looking for a Product Owner in our Technology department for Client Services spanning across the Music Publishing and Recordings business in London.
This role will be focused on software products that enable BMG’s vision to deliver value to our clients and to serve our songwriters and artists.
To own several custom software products used by our clients and client services community, including BMG’s industry-leading client portal, specifically:
- Provide vision, direction and methodology to development teams and stakeholders across projects
- Release planning in conjunction with development teams & ongoing communication with business stakeholders.
- Understand and represent your customers, both internally and externally.
- Assess value/return on investment, develop business cases, prioritize epics and stories to align with overall business and product strategy
- Ensure a good balance between feature set development and continuing resolving of technical debt
- Play an active role in resolving blockers preventing successful completion
- Empathy for business user requirements & passion for software product development
- Experience in the music industry, specifically in Publishing and/or Recorded Rights Administration and/or Client Services/Service Delivery and the IT systems/applications within it
- Experience managing, inspiring and developing product management teams
- Proven experience as a product owner or product manager driving business capability expansion, revenue growth or cost savings
- Track record of understanding business requirements, core customer needs and turning these clearly into digital products that not only solve user problems but also your users love to use
- Proven ability and intrinsic desire to engage and collaborate with all stakeholders, make people feel heard and understood, but be able to say no and make and stand up for tough calls needed to better serve the wider business and clients
- Experience working closely with engineers, agile and/or scrum teams and ability to switch to waterfall where this is the more suitable approach
- A Bachelors degree or higher, preferably in technology or business with excellent professional verbal & written English skills, German is a plus
- Experience and willingness to work with both internal and outsourced/offshore teams
NOW, WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A fair and transparent business model and company structure
- Artist showcases – to listen to all the awesome stuff we are producing every day
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Then send us your application and all of the reasons why you are the right Person to get this job. The challenge is on. Let’s create a future together.
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age.
That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Here at BMG, we don’t just encourage diversity – we celebrate it, support it and wholeheartedly promote it and its benefits to our employee’s and company alike. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and so all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. If you require any reasonable accommodation or adjustments due to a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of the request.