Our client, a global leader in music rights management, are seeking a new Vice President Creative for their Latin market, based in LA, to create and maintain relationships with songwriters, artists and publishers worldwide and within the music community at large.
THE ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Creating and sustaining Industry relationships in the music business to build the clients presence as leader in the Latin music community.
- Optimizing relationships to deliver greater market share and favorable catalogue assets.
- Leading a team in establishing and maintaining close working relationships with established writers and publishers, their agents, managers and attorneys.
- Proactively following current and emerging music trends to facilitate a constant flow of new music to build their market share across all genres and platforms within Latin.
- Demonstrating an ability to identify budding talent and then a willingness to support, foster and grow talent while connecting and maintaining business relationships.
- Addressing issues unique within the Latin music community while at the same time aligning to the value, principles and strategies for the company.
- Working with the Creative leadership team to define innovative songwriter/ composer developmental strategies to attract and develop new writers and composers to ensure diversity and growth in their repertoire.
- Leading and participating in Creative recognition events ranging from small congratulatory dinners to the large award events.
- Collaborating with the Corporate Communications team to develop branding and promotional strategies that position the company and its affiliates as a strong creative and business-minded force within the Latin music community.
- Formulating and monitoring annual budgets for Latin and provide guidance on cost controls to align with organizational strategies.
The ideal candidate will possess a University degree in a related field; Master’s degree or equivalent preferred.
Qualified candidates should have an extensive experience in an executive position interfacing with creators, users and/or rights owners within the music industry.
Must be bi-lingual and able to speak and write in Spanish.
An awareness and thorough understanding of the music publishing arena is essential, experience working with a large network of industry professionals and a passion for Latin music and proven extensive connections within this genre essential.
Please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org