We are looking for VP, A&R
ABOUT GLOBAL RECORDS
Global Records was created from passion, with love and respect for music and its creators (artists, producers, songwriters etc). For us it’s all about the music!
Our passion for music is translated into more than 10 billion views on YT, more than 50 number one songs in the East European charts and counting. Proudly working for & with top international artists (Selena Gomez, INNA, Florida, Akon, Yandel, Nicki Minaj, Nick Jonas, J Balvin, Alexandra Stan etc).
We’ve always been commited to serve the artists and their communities, to serve innovation and entrepreneurship. Guided by our values and principles, Global Records succeeded in a less than 5 years in creating an unique business ecosystem.Hence, Global operates a broad array of businesses: record company, music publishing, PR agency, creative advertising agency, merchandising and many others.
We aim to become an International leading entertainment company that provides a better today for our audience through our revolutionary content, memorable experiences & talents and your Mission, if you choose to accept it, is to contribute to our development by :
- Always be on the lookout for the next big HIT;
- Keeping up with the new trends and new artists in the music industry as they emerge;
- Constantly looking for new songwriters, producers and artists,, negociating and signing new songwriters and artists in Global’s portfolio, watching over their artistic development within Global’s portfolio;
- Building a strong portfolio and relationship with songwriters, artists, artists managers promoters, tastemakers, lawyers etc;
- Proactively pitching and promoting music to different partners (labels, artists etc);
- Manage the production/recording costs budget and negotiations with third parties;
- Liaison between creative teams, implementation teams and artists, songwriters etc;
- Oversee the recording, production, mastering, and sequencing of artist projects;
- Provide creative input on artist’s material and comprehensive feedback on new music to President A&R;
- Provide creative input and direct on artist’s material and recording career;
- Working within the company to organize promotional and marketing efforts related to an artist’s releases, finding new material for an artist to record, introducing an artist to potential musical collaboration and producers;
- Being responsible for budgeting, meeting deadlines and team leading on a daily basis and in every project.
- In-depth knowledge of the music business, an excellent understanding of the contemporary music scene, deep knowledge of musical trends, movements, and styles;
- Diplomatic and resourceful; able to manage complex relationships and professional connections;
- Excellent judgment to make decisions about the likelihood of commercial success, while supporting the artists’ ambitions;
- Patience, judgement, interpersonal connections, persuasive written and spoken communication skills;
- Excellent ear for music;
- Good networking base;
- Flexible both in terms of time and location;
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and punctual, with multitasking abilities and strong leadership skills;
- Team oriented with a positive can-do attitude and excellent attention to detail;
- Experienced with the different steps in the recording, production, mastering, sequencing and release of a record processes;
- Good understanding of the artists lifestyle;
- Minimum 5-7 years music industry experience, with a demonstrated track record of finding new songs for existing talent and finding emerging artists that fit in with label’s musical direction;
- True music passionate.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- A fair and transparent business model and company structure;
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development;
- A fun and respectful community of people with a common passion for music;
- Development opportunities at pace with the development of the international division of Global Records;
- Competitive salary package.